2021 Carji Greeves - Thursday Sept 30

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Club’s most prestigious event will take place on Thursday 30 September from 7pm AEST.

Hosted this year by Rebecca Maddern, Nathan Templeton and everyone’s favourite ex-Cat Billy Brownless, the night will follow the pattern of the year and be like no other.

With the Cats playing list spread across Australia, we’ll check in with players, coaches and staff virtually as the Tom Harley Best Clubman Award, Carter Family Community Champion, Best First Year Player, VFL Best and Fairest, VFLW Best and Fairest, and the top three in the Carji Greeves Medal are announced.

Plus, we will also speak to AFLW captain Meg McDonald ahead of the upcoming season, and hear from president Craig Drummond and recently appointed CEO Steve Hocking.

Following the finish of the event, clips from the night will be available on geelongcats.com.au and our social media channels.

HOW TO WATCH
Members received an email titled ‘Carji Greeves Medal Night | WATCH LIVE’ this week. To watch the live stream click ‘ACCESS LIVE STREAM’.

If you are a member and didn’t receive the email. Please update your email HERE.

Live coverage will commence on Thursday from 7pm AEST and will go for about two hours.

Curious if we've gone back to "best first year player" because it was changed a few years back to "best young player" which meant it could be a 2nd or 3rd year player - such as with Miers winning in 2019 when it was his second year on the list

Taking this off KRock Footy:

GEELONG’S VOTING SYSTEM

After each game, the coaches allocate votes ranging from 0-15, based off each players performance.

To ensure players aren’t disadvantaged by injuries or being managed, each player’s highest-scoring 24 games of the season are added together to give a final score. Therefore, if a player played all 25 games, his lowest-scoring game will be eliminated from the total.

Tonight’s leaderboards reflect the actual scores for each game; the adjustment is made after all games have been completed to give the final placings.

For those who haven't read the article -
VETERAN forward Tom Hawkins has tipped fellow All-Australian Tom Stewart to take out the Carji Greeves Medal as Geelong best-and-fairest on Thursday night despite missing the final five matches of the season.

That leaves the important questions - who do people think will win tomorrow night:

- Top three in the Carji Greeves Medal:

- Tom Harley Best Clubman Award:

- Carter Family Community Champion:

- Best First Year (Young) Player, are announced:

- VFL Best and Fairest:

Top Three Carji...
3. Isaac Smith
2. Tom Stewart
1. Cam Guthrie

Best Clubman...
Tom Atkins

Community Champion...
Mark Blicavs

Best First Year...
Max Holmes

VFL B&F...
Charlie Constable

3. Cam Guthrie
2. Tom Hawkins
1. Tom Stewart

- Tom Harley Best Clubman Award: Zach Tuohy

- Carter Family Community Champion: Joel Selwood

- Best First Year (Young): Holmes, for sure

- VFL Best and Fairest: No idea

Carji
3 Henry
2. Hawkins
1. Stewart

Harley clubman
B. Close

Carter community champ
Q. Narkle

Best First Year
Holmes

VFL Best and Fairest
3. C.Constable
2. D. Fort
1. J. Mclaughlin

(These were my Top 3, even before reading the article, haha)

3. Hawk
2. Guth
1. Stew

(Smith and Henry to round out the top 5, with Dunc, Sel, Hendo, Tuohy and Close rounding out the Top 10)

- Tom Harley Best Clubman Award: O'Connor

- Carter Family Community Champion: Dunc

- Best First Year (Young) Player, are announced: Holmes

- VFL Best and Fairest: Constable/Fort/Jenkins

Top Three Carji...
3. Isaac Smith
2. Cam Guthrie
1. Tom Hawkins

Best Clubman...
Jed Bews

Community Champion...
Tom Stewart

Best First Year...
Max Holmes

VFL B&F...
Charlie Constable

3. C. Guthrie
2. I. Smith
1. T. Hawkins

J. Selwood

G. Rohan

M. Holmes

- VFL Best and Fairest:
D. Fort

Blicavs to win a third B&F.

Maybe they look at changing the name of the award in honor of his standing in the game, the Mark Blicavs medallion.

3. C. Guthrie
2. I. Smith
1. T. Hawkins

J. Selwood

G. Rohan

M. Holmes

- VFL Best and Fairest:
D. Fort
Family community champion? So the rumours were fake about him cheating on his girl?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Family community champion? So the rumours were fake about him cheating on his girl?

Considering he's been acknowledged for his community work in the past, I'm not sure why he shouldn't be eligible to be acknowledged now that the award is named for the Carter Family

Would there be an issue if it was the GMHBA or Ford Community Award?

Considering he's been acknowledged for his community work in the past, I'm not sure why he shouldn't be eligible to be acknowledged now that the award is named for the Carter Family

Would there be an issue if it was the GMHBA or Ford Community Award?
Personally, I don’t believe he should be eligible to be acknowledged as an ‘AFL’ footballer but each to their own

Is he the only person who has ever done this? Seriously?

Not a good look but if that was the barometer most AFL players would have been f’ed.

Oh yeah they were weren't they?
No family orientated person would ever cheat. If you’re unhappy then leave. Simple isn’t it?

No need to discuss further as I’ve lost interest in the topic.

They didn’t email me so how do I watch it?
I didn't get an email either. There's a link to update your details which i checked and it's all correct. Received emails recently with a survey and a message from the president so I know it works. No idea what to do now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back