With pick whatever we're up to, Adelaide selects James Tunstill

(shocked he's still there at this pick)

James Tunstill

East Perth, WAFL / Bussellton JFC / Bunbury Grammar School
State: Western Australia
Height: 187cm
Weight: 76kg
Date of Birth: 18/07/03

Powerful midfielder with exciting ability to accelerate out of stoppages using his clean hands and neat skills to provide opportunities for his forwards. A player with a good balance between winning contested and uncontested ball, he has some of the traits of Carlton recruit Adam Cerra and this season has been a dominate player at Under-18s level in the WAFL, playing 15 matches and averaging 21.9 disposals (11 contested) and 5.3 clearances. Strong performer for Western Australia at Under-19s level in three games against South Australia, averaging 17.3 disposals.

Pick 71 - Fremantle - Isaac Birt

183cm wingman with an excellent kick and very good acceleration. Fairly physical for someone who always plays on the outside.

That’s it for Freo, picked up two top end talents at the start of the draft and then rounded out the list with lightning quick, skillful running machines who won’t be undersized. Fairly pleased with the result.

over to you Arr0w

183cm wingman with an excellent kick and very good acceleration. Fairly physical for someone who always plays on the outside.

That’s it for Freo, picked up two top end talents at the start of the draft and then rounded out the list with lightning quick, skillful running machines who won’t be undersized. Fairly pleased with the result.

over to you Arr0w
Pick 70 if Ninja Worrier is passing... I'll update the order.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can you confirm that? I have you down for two list spots still available... are there rookie elevations or re-drafts in the offing?
Don't think so. Just going off the AFL site

I'll take Oscar Morrison at 70 then, haven't nabbed a tall yet, unlike the real thing where I'd expect the tigers to take a mix

over to you Arr0w

Damn you Sin, that is who I would have taken, great selection. Very similar to Kade Simpson

WC Pick 71 Patrick Naish

Rumour that WC might be interested in adding Naish to rejuvenate their midfield

Bletch

GWS is effectively done. After three early picks, we have 36 on senior list, 5 on rookie list plus 2 cat-B rookies. That leaves one spot remaining, and if this was the real draft we'd pass here and upgrade an Academy kid to the rookie list after the draft.

But because it isn't I'll pick him now instead, and we'll go with 37/5 instead of 36/6.

GWS Pick 72 Patrick Voss (GWS Academy - 194cm, 84kg)

I've picked up Rachele and Andrew for some sparkle, and Fahey as a no-nonsense defender. Here, I'm going for a versatile mid-tall that is hard at the contest, and good overhead. Disposal might be an issue, but I'm ok with that given the others I'm bringing in.

And that's definitely it for GWS, list now full.

Edit: Tag Wickzki

After screwing that one up...

Brisbane go for another readymade mature draftee and select Ed Phillips

On the train, will write up later if required.

carlton4lyfe

Damn you Sin, that is who I would have taken, great selection. Very similar to Kade Simpson
Yeah he’s definitely worth putting on an AFL list. Would’ve picked him earlier but I was surprised Browne was still available and didn’t think I could leave him any longer.

Yeah he’s definitely worth putting on an AFL list. Would’ve picked him earlier but I was surprised Browne was still available and didn’t think I could leave him any longer.

Took Birt in the Bigfooty Phantom, but given how tight all lists are, he may go undrafted, but love that left peg, courage and how solid he is overhead for such an undersized frame

Hawthorn's haul..

Pick 7 – Josh Ward
181cm/79kg
Midfielder

Ward is a complete inside/outside midfielder. Ward’s running capacity allows him to rack up possessions, of which he generally makes good decisions. He’s ready to go from round one, and will most likely start playing an outside role, before transitioning to an inside role. Type of player Sam Mitchell will love.

Pick 24 – Arlo Draper
186cm/75kg
Midfielder/forward

A South Australian who possesses the tools to play like a couple of Port Adelaide guns – in Rozee and Gray. Still a bit of a rangy type, and will most likely start his career at half-forward, however could become a handy midfielder or half-back – as is a good user and has a contested side to his game. Draper is currently recovering from injury, but should still get some games in 2022.

Pick 26 – Jesse Motlop
177cm/77kg
Small forward

A highly skilled player like his father Daniel. Jesse is a small forward, who can be dangerous up the ground. He got senior opportunity later in the year with South Fremantle, scoring a goal in each of their four finals appearances. This experience should hold him in good stead for AFL games in his first year. Rationale behind this pick (and Draper too), is to add some class to the Hawks forward line. Some of the older guys such as Gunston and Breust will finish up soon. The Hawks a few tall forward options, however they don’t feel me with much confidence. Hawks will likely look ahead to one of the apparently many talented talls, in the 2022 draft.

Pick 54 – Kade Dittmar
186cm/86kg
Midfielder

Meat and potatoes inside player who is aggressive and defensively minded. Needs to focus on building his endurance and decision making when kicking long.

Pick 59 – Jake Soligo
179cm/80kg
Midfielder/forward

A zippy midfielder who can find plenty of the ball. Will most likely need to play as a half-forward at AFL level, for a few years at least.

Pick 69 – Blake Schlensog
199cm/99kg
Key defender/tall utility

The former Geelong rookie has put in some strong performances in the WAFL this season. Schlensog has demonstrated ability in defence, up forward and in the ruck. Hawks have a number of players around this height, however they don’t fill me with much confidence. Blake is a tall utility and should be able to impact straight away.

Last edited:
Hawthorn's haul..

Pick 7 – Josh Ward
181cm/79kg
Midfielder

Ward is a complete inside/outside midfielder. Ward’s running capacity allows him to rack up possessions, of which he generally makes good decisions. He’s ready to go from round one, and will most likely start playing an outside role, before transitioning to an inside role. Type of player Sam Mitchell will love.

Pick 24 – Arlo Draper
186cm/75kg
Midfielder/forward

A South Australian who possesses the tools to play like a couple of Port Adelaide guns – in Rozee and Gray. Still a bit of a rangy type, and will most likely start his career at half-forward, however could become a handy midfielder or half-back – as is a good user and has a contested side to his game. Draper is currently recovering from injury, but should still get some games in 2022.

Pick 26 – Jesse Motlop
177cm/77kg
Small forward

A highly skilled player like his father Daniel. Jesse is a small forward, who can be dangerous up the ground. He got senior opportunity later in the year with South Fremantle, scoring a goal in each of their four finals appearances. This experience should hold him in good stead for AFL games in his first year. Rationale behind this pick (and Draper too), is to add some class to the Hawks forward line. Some of the older guys such as Gunston and Breust will finish up soon. The Hawks a few tall forward options, however they don’t feel me with much confidence. Hawks will likely look ahead to one of the apparently many talented talls, in the 2022 draft.

Pick 54 – Kade Dittmar
186cm/86kg
Midfielder

Meat and potatoes inside player who is aggressive and defensively minded. Needs to focus on building his endurance and decision making when kicking long.

Pick 59 – Jake Soligo
179cm/80kg
Midfielder/forward

A zippy midfielder who can find plenty of the ball. Will most likely need to play as a half-forward at AFL level, for a few years at least.

Pick 69 – Blake Schlensog
199cm/99kg
Key defender/tall utility

The former Geelong rookie has put in some strong performances in the WAFL this season. Schlensog has demonstrated ability in defence, up forward and in the ruck. Hawks have a number of players around this height, however they don’t fill me with much confidence. Blake is a tall utility and should be able to impact straight away.
Looks like an excellent draft

I feel like this has run its race, not sure if there any interest in a two round rookie? If so send me a list of ten names by tomorrow night and I can auto-generated.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back