News 2021 Coaching Changes - Mitchell to Coach Box Hill

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s the one action the Collingwood board can do to see off the board challenge? Appoint Clarko. Don’t need a process etc. if they get it done they’re safe.

Do people really believe what is said in the media? Just feed media crap and 99% never get called out on it. If Clarko is leaving or going he’d say exactly the same thing. Listen to the crap he sprouts on rebuilding vs his actions etc. Buddy gave no indication of going to Sydney yet had been agreed for 12 months etc etc.

If people also think decisions don’t get made then backfilled with reviews then that is naive. If the club has decided a change is needed that’s what the review will say. I feel the north and gcs losses were the final straw that has forced a change.
Whats the one action that can start a board challenge at Hawthorn?
Letting Clarkson go to Collingwood would unleash a tsunami of member revolt that would make the Collingwood board situation look like a teddy bears picnic.
Imagine the media laughing at Hawthorn for giving up the best coach in the AFL. Imagine the hiding to nothing the new replacement coach would be on.
It would be a disaster of epic proportions that would take decades for the club to recover from.

Imo, we have one of the better coaches in the AFL who, with better options, is head and shoulders above his rivals. We should aim to provide him with those better options player wise and keep him to deliver the rebuild.

Should he go to Collingwood or Carlton we are not only damaging our own club but also strengthening a rival.

Be careful what you wish for.

Personally I don’t believe Clarko will coach anywhere else.

whether he is pushed at the end of the season or sees this contract out - I think he will go into a completely different role and not even necessarily football.

I also thought Buddy would be a hawk forever.

In saying all of that, I will finish by saying, I don’t really care. I have no control over it and no amount of angst or opinion will change what either Clarko or the club does. I’m just a supporter along for the ride

If I were Clarko I would take the Carlton job and take Tom Mitchell with me as an on field coach to apply his system.
Carlton looks like a more promising option and I’d say a reasonable 5 year projection.

As for Hawthorn if Clarko goes... Id be looking at Voss. I think he has a second chance in him to go again to be successful and it would be ironic if he could do for Hawthorn what Lethal did for Brisbane.
Vossy would have one of the best footy brains going around and I think if you put Sam Mitchell in the same box it would be a formidable combination.
Id also sign Sam up for 2-3 years at the same time as Voss with a conversion saying that if Voss falls over the job is yours and that the experience gained from working with someone like Voss would be invaluable having come from Port and the IP he would gain.
If an opportunity rose for Sam it would be good luck and grab another assistant.

I refuse to read anything that clown has to say. He's the number 1 navel gazer in the AFL commentary game with an unrivalled head.

Can someone explain, why other clubs who have recently been winning flags or considered to be successful dont produce anywhere near the amount of senior coaches the Hawks do. In fact I cant think of a *ucken single one

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find it hard to believe a Hawthorn board member has passed along our end of season plans for coaching change to a random fan.
A, they're all a bunch of chickens who do what Kennett asks, and
B, they'd know that news would likely leak from said supporter to the general populace and ultimately media, who would make it their red meat story of the month. No surer way to rip apart a club than look to see who's telling lies and for what vested interest.

Seems a super strange motive for said board member unless they are looking to overthrow everything.
I guess that's possible, but seems very un Hawthorn in the Kennett uber ales period.

Personally I don’t believe Clarko will coach anywhere else.

whether he is pushed at the end of the season or sees this contract out - I think he will go into a completely different role and not even necessarily football.

I also thought Buddy would be a hawk forever.

In saying all of that, I will finish by saying, I don’t really care. I have no control over it and no amount of angst or opinion will change what either Clarko or the club does. I’m just a supporter along for the ride
Awesome attitude

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back