News 2021 Coaching Changes - Mitchell to Coach Box Hill

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clarkson coached Central Districts to a bunch of premierships, obviously they had good people who helped Clarko get that success, but its a good opportunity to prove you can lead a team during pressure moments ect, will be interesting going to a few Box Hill games next yr, if we're allowed

Is he highly regarded at Hawthorn.. I honestly don't know.
Yes, and he highly regards Hawthorn too.

Collingwood have tried to get him back but he loves Clarko and the gang too much.

Clarkson coached Central Districts to a bunch of premierships, obviously they had good people who helped Clarko get that success, but its a good opportunity to prove you can lead a team during pressure moments ect, will be interesting going to a few Box Hill games next yr, if we're allowed

he managed 1 at Centrals - they won a bunch but he was only there 2001 (which they won) & 2002 (which the lost to Sturt in an upset)

he managed 1 at Centrals - they won a bunch but he was only there 2001 (which they won) & 2002 (which the lost to Sturt in an upset)
Seems like he inherited a team already winning premierships, I remember hearing John Platten being wrapped that his old club had finally won a premiership, then they went on a tear

Seems like he inherited a team already winning premierships, I remember hearing John Platten being wrapped that his old club had finally won a premiership, then they went on a tear

They had a great squad for sure - finished minor premier & made the GF the 2 years before they won their first flag - only to be beaten by everyone's enemy Port Adelaide

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely Hawthorn will do it’s best to retain Sam Mitchell, we’ve been letting so much talent leave over the years without trying hard.
If he's the best option, then we will. If he's not, then I don't see why we should.

Sam isn't leaving us to go be an assistant somewhere else. Only potentially a senior coach role would get him out of the Hawks. With the Pies about to re-sign Buckley, I'd say the only prospect is at Carlton if Teague gets dumped.

So many people think Clarko wants personal glory by either taking Hawthorn to their next premiership or going to a different club and leading them to a premiership.

As a father I have near zero interest in my glory and take the greatest satisfaction from my children’s achievements.

Surely Clarko would consider the Hawthorn Football Club as his most significant working achievement and want the best for it... like a father.

I think / hope Clarko will take the hits that are coming our way this year and next, and then slide into a senior advisor position to Sam... and then transition to the CEO role, which he is perfect for and seems to like Sticking his nose into.

For mine, people don’t make something great and then walk away to finish someone else’s work.

The idea of a succession plan where a coach is pushed out is stupid. See Malthouse and Buckley. The playing group that was fostered by one coach will be less effective with another coach.

Surely Clarko will stay at the Hawks and evolve to a new role with Sammy Mitchell as his protege.

I cannot think of a better outcome for Clarko, Sammy, and the Hawks.

Surely Clarko would consider the Hawthorn Football Club as his most significant working achievement and want the best for it... like a father.

I think / hope Clarko will take the hits that are coming our way this year and next, and then slide into a senior advisor position to Sam... and then transition to the CEO role, which he is perfect for and seems to like Sticking his nose into.

Surely Clarko will stay at the Hawks and evolve to a new role with Sammy Mitchell as his protege.

Make it happen Hawks

So many people think Clarko wants personal glory by either taking Hawthorn to their next premiership or going to a different club and leading them to a premiership.

As a father I have near zero interest in my glory and take the greatest satisfaction from my children’s achievements.

For mine, people don’t make something great and then walk away to finish someone else’s work.

The idea of a succession plan where a coach is pushed out is stupid. See Malthouse and Buckley. The playing group that was fostered by one coach will be less effective with another coach.

Obviously a lot goes on behind the scenes we don't know about.
You can be sure Sammy and Clarko both know where things sit in regards to future coaching of Hawks and where each of them are at.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

What would be better experience for a rookie coach, being head coach of your own side at a lower level, or direct assistant to the head coach in the seniors at the highest level?
And why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back