2021 Community series

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne's not the worst pick in the world. Should be competing with them during the actual season for a finals berth.

Hopefully after the series most of the list has had a hit out and no injuries come out of it.

Mandurah derby will sell out in half a minute. Flog eagle ferals taking up half the space. Hope they put on an LED light show around the Hayden Ballantyne Wing sign.

Be nice to actually have the option of going, but 4pm starts on a Friday kinda take that away.
I like how they billed it as ‘twilight’ which seems like a stretch to me
Freo Oval game will be huge. Getting rid of Rosich and the club starts making some smart decisions finally.

Looking forward to this one.
you do realise the club played preseason games at Freo oval during Rosich’s time as well

I like how they billed it as ‘twilight’ which seems like a stretch to me

you do realise the club played preseason games at Freo oval during Rosich’s time as well

Is that you Steve?

The only genuine pre season match was against Geelong in about 2008.

In 2015 there was a crappy scratch match against Melbourne.

Rosich was too busy trying to conquer everywhere else and he forgot about the home base.

FFC have realised that the Cockburn move was a huge *up and are desperately trying to reconnect to Freo.

Is that you Steve?

Rosich was too busy trying to conquer everywhere else and he forgot about the home base.

FFC have realised that the Cockburn move was a huge fu**up and are desperately trying to reconnect to Freo.
The Cockburn facility is so much better than Fremantle Oval's facilities, simple as that.

The Cockburn facility is so much better than Fremantle Oval's facilities, simple as that.
I agree that the club really had no option when deciding to leave its old base and move to Cockburn. We can't expect results and then not allow them to have the best training HQ possible.

My only question is do we think its possible that the club may move back to Freo at some stage in the future? Maybe if we started liaising with the relevant stakeholders now and commenced some serious strategic planning, that option might be back on the table.

I'm not sure how, but it should be something that is always on the agenda.

My only question is do we think its possible that the club may move back to Freo at some stage in the future?
Not unless we can convince the State Govt to demolish Fremantle hospital or Move the Prison. One or both are unlikely - although the hospital may move at some point.

Also, Freo have already negotiated with the Cockburn facility to allow them to move up (e.g. add extra stories) in the future if they want to.

Have you been to the new facility?
- They have a half AFL ground indoors - across multiple basketball courts
- a 100m running track
- private swimming pools
- lecture theatre
- TV production facilities
etc. etc.

There is no way they can fit that into the Fremantle oval site given the current constraints. Also the Freo oval playing surface is more than 10m skinnier than Optus or the MCG - and it currently can't be made wider.

As much as some of us would like Freo FC to be based in Fremantle, it's not gonna happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not unless we can convince the State Govt to demolish Fremantle hospital or Move the Prison. One or both are unlikely - although the hospital may move at some point.

Also, Freo have already negotiated with the Cockburn facility to allow them to move up (e.g. add extra stories) in the future if they want to.

Have you been to the new facility?
- They have a half AFL ground indoors - across multiple basketball courts
- a 100m running track
- private swimming pools
- lecture theatre
- TV production facilities
etc. etc.

There is no way they can fit that into the Fremantle oval site given the current constraints. Also the Freo oval playing surface is more than 10m skinnier than Optus or the MCG - and it currently can't be made wider.

As much as some of us would like Freo FC to be based in Fremantle, it's not gonna happen.
No, I haven't been there, but I have no doubt that the facilities are top notch.

I agree that the chances of moving back to Freo Oval are nonexistent, but would there be anywhere else in Fremantle that would work?

No, I haven't been there, but I have no doubt that the facilities are top notch.

I agree that the chances of moving back to Freo Oval are nonexistent, but would there be anywhere else in Fremantle that would work?
Don't think so, you need a heap of realestate and it's very expensive. East Freo oval maybe? But the residents would likely kick up a fuss.

Is that you Steve?

FFC have realised that the Cockburn move was a huge fu**up and are desperately trying to reconnect to Freo.
That melbourne game is basically identical to this one (literally the exact same ‘competition’ just under a different name)

I agree that the club really had no option when deciding to leave its old base and move to Cockburn. We can't expect results and then not allow them to have the best training HQ possible.

My only question is do we think its possible that the club may move back to Freo at some stage in the future? Maybe if we started liaising with the relevant stakeholders now and commenced some serious strategic planning, that option might be back on the table.

I'm not sure how, but it should be something that is always on the agenda.

Not being a “Freo person”, I don’t think it’s a big issue not being based right in Freo. The team and football club mean much more and different things to me than the city of Fremantle.

I can definitely see how Cockburn is considered "soulless" compared to Freo, it is not the most pleasant spot right now, but just look at the amount of money being poured into the area by recently developers and the State and it becomes obvious Fremantle are onto a pretty good thing in the medium to long term.

1608267161741.png

1608267172686.png

Why would the FFC spend multi millions to build a new facility at Fremantle when they have a state of the art training complex at Cockburn.
I love Freo oval but it's full of the history of South Fremanltle FC not the Dockers.
Freo oval is a great suburban ground but as a training complex with room for future development Cockburn is the place.

Not being a “Freo person”, I don’t think it’s a big issue not being based right in Freo. The team and football club mean much more and different things to me than the city of Fremantle.
I get that, and I'm not based in Freo either, but I spent my younger adult years there and it's why I became a supporter.

I've just read a bit about the St Kilda/Seaford move and how important many believe it was to them getting back on track as a club and shoring up their long term viability. I wonder how similar it is to our situation?

Not a chance we move back to share the Fremantle oval..
The best we can have is keeping a link through community engagement days, a couple of pre season games there. Ladies afl.
Reopen the freo shop at freo oval.
Maybe a training session there every fortnight.

South freo did not want us.
The Fremantle council is too busy being leftards to allow the development we needed.

The money is spent,
The ship has sailed.
Move on.
There is no jetty's to lick here folks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back