Prediction 2021 Consensus Best 22 [DONE FOR ANOTHER YEAR]

Matty411

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 21, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Has to be Levi, given we need a 2nd KPF and a relief ruckman

A lot of these others will be starting 22
I was torn again. With this team in mind and on the basis we'd have Charlie, Harry, Gov and Jack plus TDK - I omitted him. But in reality, he deserves a place in the team. We'll just be too tall.

Aug 30, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Casboult, Murphy and Newman will all be in the best 22.
I think we'll definitely see the first two come round 1. Newman, I'm not so sure.

We can already lock away Weitering, Jones, Plowman, Docherty, Saad & SPS down there which leaves one bench spot. Would think Williamson is in the 22, either playing hbf or wing, and then there's Marchbank or someone like Stocker who's played back, probably not Kemp but you never know with Parks or Ramsay.

Newman is coming off pretty much a whole season injured, like Marchbank & Kemp, while Stocker was apparently playing mid/fwd in the reserves before he left the hub while Ramsay & Parks are yet to play a game.

My money would be on Williamson making that first back 7 for round 1.

Stamos

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 30, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
You are basing this on the other players people have voted for?

Levi plays round 1 and most of the year, yeah?

This final vote is about who we add to the selected 21.

Voting Levi into the 22nd spot makes us unbalanced. Levi missed his spot in the forward 7. He doesn't get into the mid 7.

And he will play round 1. Charlie won't be there, so Full Forwad is open. That's not what this vote is about, though.

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
This final vote is about who we add to the selected 21.

Voting Levi into the 22nd spot makes us unbalanced. Levi missed his spot in the forward 7. He doesn't get into the mid 7.

And he will play round 1. Charlie won't be there, so Full Forwad is open. That's not what this vote is about, though.

Unbalanced in you eyes to vote for a favorite, while Gibbons, Murphy, Cuners, Levi make more sense, so does Newnes

Remove the bias you have had for 12 months

Stamos

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 30, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Unbalanced in you eyes to vote for a favorite, while Gibbons, Murphy, Cuners, Levi make more sense, so does Newnes

Remove the bias you have had for 12 months

Huh?
I voted for both Levi and Cunners. And I didn't have Dow best 22 this year. Not sure how that is bias?

Aug 30, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
At this stage he sits well outside the top 25
If you want, you're welcome to start the "Arr0w's Best 22" thread where there's no poll so other can't accidentally submit the wrong answers to what they think is the best 22.

Lighten up & take this for what it is; it's a vote so by nature it's a popularity contest, not to mention we're coming off a serious rebuild where the whole time we've been focusing on the younger players coming up as the saviors of the club. We're in a position with more depth than we've had in what feels like an eternity which means there's more permutations with votes, particularly those in the 5th-10th spots (of 7) for each position.

Can’t wait to see Kemp out there, kid just has it. Hoping Stocker gets going too, the skills will be very useful.

Going to be some handy players in the second team this season

This is what I have heard/read that Teague and other coaches have said over last few weeks

SPS will play off HBF - definite
Marchbank/Williamson/Docherty can play wing - underlining coaches acknowledge wing spots are the open question ?
Williams will train and start midfield if it isn't working will go back to HBF - definite
Eddie Betts will start - definite
Fisher is seen as a small forward - definite
Cuningham will play to provide burst receiver around contests like Walsh/Williams ( Teague's words) = so looking to bring Cuningham into midfield
asked about Charlie - long term situation Charlie is doing everything he can blah blah blah = fingers crossed

Teague is looking at younger players to lift and push to establish themselves as 'locks' ( his word) - he believes these blokes developing will be the key to Clubs progress :

If you pencil in the definite statements you get a team that looks like:

Plowman Jones Marchbank*
Saad Weitering Docherty

Williamson Cripps Murphy?/Cuningham
TDK Setterfield Wiliams

Martin Harry McGovern
Eddie Levi Fisher

IC: Ed | SPS | XXX | XXX

I would assume that Teague will continue wanting to play Pittonet and TDK as a pair - especially given TDK's mobility

doesn't leave much space for the rest of the list does it?

I have never seen a Carlton list with so much potential competition for places.

You'd think finals in VFL would be a certainty - for starters.

Stamos

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 30, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
This is what I have heard/read that Teague and other coaches have said over last few weeks

SPS will play off HBF - definite
Marchbank/Williamson/Docherty can play wing - underlining coaches acknowledge wing spots are the open question ?
Williams will train and start midfield if it isn't working will go back to HBF - definite
Eddie Betts will start - definite
Fisher is seen as a small forward - definite
Cuningham will play to provide burst receiver around contests like Walsh/Williams ( Teague's words) = so looking to bring Cuningham into midfield
asked about Charlie - long term situation Charlie is doing everything he can blah blah blah = fingers crossed

Teague is looking at younger players to lift and push to establish themselves as 'locks' ( his word) - he believes these blokes developing will be the key to Clubs progress :

If you pencil in the definite statements you get a team that looks like:

Plowman Jones Marchbank*
Saad Weitering Docherty

Williamson Cripps Murphy?/Cuningham
TDK Setterfield Wiliams

Martin Harry McGovern
Eddie Levi Fisher

IC: Ed | SPS | XXX | XXX

I would assume that Teague will continue wanting to play Pittonet and TDK as a pair - especially given TDK's mobility

doesn't leave much space for the rest of the list does it?

I have never seen a Carlton list with so much potential competition for places.

You'd think finals in VFL would be a certainty - for starters.

Good post, although I reckon Walsh is a lock.

Teague has also said he doesn't know what out best 22 is, and it will depend on form (and preseason).

Back