Prediction 2021 Consensus Best 22 [DONE FOR ANOTHER YEAR]

Remove this Banner Ad

Great work Matty. For me:

M - Walsh, Cripps, SPS
Fol - Williams, Ed
i/c - Setters and Gibbons (rotating through the forward line as well)
Willo to play predominantly in the back line, spending time on a wing though as well.

Whats really interesting is that one person didnt vote Cripps in. But everyone agrees on Setterfield and Walsh.

I'd like to know who that one person is. I'd like a word.

I think we already have a word for that... Lunacy!

C: Williams Walsh Fisher
R: [Ruck] Cripps Setterfield
Int: Curnow

Murphy, SPS, Martin, Cuningham, Dow so many good names here.

I'd like to see Fisher on the wing too, however after hearing him speak about becoming the best small forward he can be (at Teagues instructions) he'll get a forward spot in my list.
Williamson takes his spot on the wing.
Looks like a decent midfield

So after 83 votes currently the Top 5 midfielders are consensus well ahead from the rest of the pack ... Setterfield,
Cripps, Walsh, Williams all tracking 90%-100% and Ed Curnow >70%.

The sixth / bench midfielder has SPS > 40% ahead of Murphy > 25% with the next best Martin and
Williamson < 15%.

I see a lot of overlap run where flankers and wingers swap positions.

I have hopes for Stocker and L’Ob to come on and surprise us (and they would) currently 0 from 83 votes and Dow just marginally < 10%. Get our reserves team going.

Consensus 22 a highlight of the off-season. Thanks Matty411

Personally, i'd be shocked if O'Brien is in our 22 bar considerable numbers of players being injured.

I can't get him anywhere near the 25 atm. I think he sits about 30th in getting a game.

If he rips up pre-season and impresses in the early games, then all power to him. I want him to be good enough, but he's well back imho.
Hope he has eradicated the fumbles. I do think he was played defensive wing (opposite side of the ball) a lot. He’s such a great athlete. Please trust me: from 10m to 400 no one at the club touches him. I hope he can clean up a few things because his running power would really give us somehting.

Hope he has eradicated the fumbles. I do think he was played defensive wing (opposite side of the ball) a lot. He’s such a great athlete. Please trust me: from 10m to 400 no one at the club touches him. I hope he can clean up a few things because his running power would really give us somehting.
Can see him as a shorter Isaac Smith

15 is the magic number
Odds are he plays if fit ...
Unless something changes, will be carried for at least 12 of those 15

Unless something changes, will be carried for at least 12 of those 15
I'd go as far to say if he is carried for 12/15 this club is not serious about playing finals and could be considered tanking intentionally not fielding your best team..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

haha I don't have quite enough time for that, Azzurro. I reckon we just go with:
  • 6 + 1 backs (7th auto bench spot 1)
  • 6 mids (starting 5 with sixth auto bench spot 2)
  • 1 starting ruck (be a short poll but would eradicate people not picking a ruck in the midfielders vote)
  • 7 forwards (as above)
  • Last bench spot + emergencies, with highest vote in the 22
OR we could simply vote for our starting 18, THEN vote for the I/C spots like:
  • Midfielders first this time - 5 to start on field
  • Backs - 6 starters
  • Forwards - 6 starters
  • Starting ruckman (again, quick vote but important)
  • Interchange spots 1 + 2 (from top rated/voted 5 from first three votes)
  • Interchange spots 3 + 4 (from any/all who received votes including 3 not chosen above)
  • Emergencies - 4 from everyone else

Thoughts on Option 1 or 2, peeps?
O#2 Matty...

Too late. Not because he can’t play but, he has been on the outer with Teague and we bolstered his position/s in the trade period. Lots of runs in the 2s in his future, sorry Soap.

Utter bullshit

If you read the who conversation, I was referring to football context given he hardly played! Again. I'm sure their relationship is great, so many went ahead of him.
I did read your convo, you said he was on the outer with Teague which is utter bollocks.

I did read your convo, you said he was on the outer with Teague which is utter bollocks.
I did, Teague doesn't seem to favour his skill set. Played mid in the kick and giggle scrimmage and was constantly "growing into the role". Played one game, struggled a bit and didn't get a second game when others got at least back to back games. Evidence is in the watching.

I'd love to select at least one of SPS, Dow, Kemp, Stocker, Philp, O'Brien (or Williamson) ahead of Murphy and Newnes for a place in the 1s midfield but seeing is believing for me so for now I can't leave Murphy out. Hopefully we see some encouraging signs over the preseason from the youth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back