Play Nice 2021 Crowds and Ratings Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
587K last night....perhaps slightly unders particularly in Victoria with only 287K

Would have thought that's pretty decent, with good numbers everywhere. Who'd have thought that if you schedule good matchups for a national audience you get good numbers everywhere.

Carlton v Collingwood appeals to Melbourne but not really anywhere else, which is why it got 40k more viewers in Melbourne but 100k less in the rest of the country.

Would have thought that's pretty decent, with good numbers everywhere. Who'd have thought that if you schedule good matchups for a national audience you get good numbers everywhere.

Carlton v Collingwood appeals to Melbourne but not really anywhere else, which is why it got 40k more viewers in Melbourne but 100k less in the rest of the country.

Carlton V Collingwood is also a hedged bet as even if one or both are having shockers it will still get reasonable numbers in Melbourne.

Port and Richmond was always going to be a big game but most other combos, even when they were top 8 in the previous year, can stink everywhere if one of the teams has fallen apart

Carlton V Collingwood is also a hedged bet as even if one or both are having shockers it will still get reasonable numbers in Melbourne.

Port and Richmond was always going to be a big game but most other combos, even when they were top 8 in the previous year, can stink everywhere if one of the teams has fallen apart

Yeah, obviously the earlier in the season the more you can be confident that it's a good matchup.

But the league has no excuses this year given the rolling fixture.

I’m tipping tonight will be the lowest Collingwood crowd at the G for some time. It is abysmal weather out here.

Forecast ‘feels like’ temp for the end of the game 2 degrees. One for the true believers only. I absolutely love it.

I’m tipping tonight will be the lowest Collingwood crowd at the G for some time. It is abysmal weather out here.

Forecast ‘feels like’ temp for the end of the game 2 degrees. One for the true believers only. I absolutely love it.

Looks more than that game against Freo a few years back

Looks more than that game against Freo a few years back

Yes it does.

I had a blast at that Freo game. It genuinely makes you feel good about yourself as a supporter to turn up to those type of games. If I remember correctly the weather bureau advised everyone to stay indoors if possible that night.

Why do Marvel stadium attendances take longer than a reading of War and Peace to come out but MCG attendance numbers pop out right away in the match report?

11618 at Metricon for Suns V Blues.

They would probably average 20k up there if they could only put it together on field.

Metricon Stadium capacity is 27500. Did the crowd from last night seem like it was occupying 1 out of every 2.35 seats available?

They always seem to inflate the real figure by AT LEAST 25-30%

(Log in to remove this ad.)

29866 at MCG for Collingwood V GWS.

Pound for pound that’s actually a terrific crowd.

With the way crowds have been down this year so far, our poor form and the horrible conditions I was expecting it to be not much more than 20k, just like the Freo game in 2016.

It‘s still a rare event for a Collingwood game to be under 30k at the G. I think there’s less than 10 since 2000.

What do Collinwood ave against GWS H& A at the MCG?

It’s only the 4th time we’ve played them there. Previous ones were 31k, 43k and 32k. The 43k one is the largest GWS crowd in Melbourne by far, so around 30k seems to be the norm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back