Play Nice 2021 Crowds and Ratings Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

That is poor considering it's against Collingwood.
That’ll probably be North’s highest home-game crowd for the rest of the year. The only other game they have at Marvel against a big Melbourne club is when they play Essendon in round 18.

That Giants crowd was pathetic TBH. I get the COVID overlay but Essendon had a decent rollup today so you have to be honest and be concerned about the Giants pulling power of 5,000+ let’s be honest. That’s really poor on a sunny day.

22,000 at Marvel today isn’t much better.

Some poor crowds. About time the AFL have a bit of a deeper look to see if pricing and other mitigating factors can be tweaked to try and encourage the fans back to AFL grounds.

That Giants crowd was pathetic TBH. I get the COVID overlay but Essendon had a decent rollup today so you have to be honest and be concerned about the Giants pulling power of 5,000+ let’s be honest. That’s really poor on a sunny day.

Some poor crowds. About time the AFL have a bit of a deeper look to see if pricing and other mitigating factors can be tweaked to try and encourage the fans back to AFL grounds.

At least they got more than the 5000 odd they got several weeks back,I don't think Western Sydney will ever get big crowds but it will hopefully get to a level that will be viable in the long term without needing to much help from the AFL.

At least they got more than the 5000 odd they got several weeks back,I don't think Western Sydney will ever get big crowds but it will hopefully get to a level that will be viable in the long term without needing to much help from the AFL.
They were drawing 12-14,000 against the bigger Victorian teams in recent years. Assumption being they have around 8-10,000 of their own going to home games. Their numbers have fallen right off. More than other clubs it would seem.

That’ll probably be North’s highest home-game crowd for the rest of the year. The only other game they have at Marvel against a big Melbourne club is when they play Essendon in round 18.

Yep Essendon & Collingwood are their big two crowd pulling games every year. Essendon due to their rivalry generally get 40,000 + at Marvel. This year that won’t happen. It’ll be 27,000 - 30,000 maybe

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

This is average for these two clubs? Melbourne are unbeaten and should be getting 45,000 at least.

The average is 30K since 1997

It is what I expected. perfectly acceptable crowd. Covid, late at night and raining all impacted. In 2018, they did get 50K for this fixture. That is the max for this fixture and that didn't have all the above factors on that Sunday Afternoon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like a lot of organisations COVID-19 has allowed a good chance to reset and operationally run better.

Think level 4 of the G closed will be a much make common occurrence and probably a good practice.

Realistically we have been spoiled for far too long where supply has outweighed demand and kept prices down and tickets easy to get.

Do we need a 100k seat stadium? No.
Is it nice for marquee games? Absolutely.
When compared to the rest of the world, even Collingwood could probably justify a 60k capacity stadium long term.

Closing parts of the G, getting the crowd down low will help atmosphere, help running costs and look better on the TV.

Like a lot of organisations COVID-19 has allowed a good chance to reset and operationally run better.

Think level 4 of the G closed will be a much make common occurrence and probably a good practice.

Realistically we have been spoiled for far too long where supply has outweighed demand and kept prices down and tickets easy to get.

Do we need a 100k seat stadium? No.
Is it nice for marquee games? Absolutely.
When compared to the rest of the world, even Collingwood could probably justify a 60k capacity stadium long term.

Closing parts of the G, getting the crowd down low will help atmosphere, help running costs and look better on the TV.

Nut what if you like watching footy from up high?

Agree. We need to start thinking about getting rid of the barriers to entry at present. Just open the stadium and let the fans enjoy what some have lost post COVID due to all these changes, protocols and restrictions.
Lets hope when they do open it up they extend it to not just mcg and marvel. More GA areas at Metricon too

Bizarrely that’s better then our 2019 Mothers Day effort vs the Giants.

Nonethless that’s less than half what we drew the last time we played the Eagles in Melbourne (31,927 when we were 5-8 also in 2019)

Unfair on the Hawks to have dealt these fixtures on Mother’s Day. Why not get Richmond/Collingwood/Carlton/Essendon to play on these days. I know the Blues are currently playing but it could be time to have the big 4-5 Vic clubs to play each other.

Bizarrely that’s better then our 2019 Mothers Day effort vs the Giants.

Nonethless that’s less than half what we drew the last time we played the Eagles in Melbourne (31,927 when we were 5-8 also in 2019)
The difference being the Eagles bring more fans than the Giants. The Eagles usually bring 5-6,000 yo the G (today 2-3,000).

Unfair on the Hawks to have dealt these fixtures on Mother’s Day. Why not get Richmond/Collingwood/Carlton/Essendon to play on these days. I know the Blues are currently playing but it could be time to have the big 4-5 Vic clubs to play each other.

I think Essendon played Carlton on Mother’s Day 5-6 years ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back