Play Nice 2021 Crowds and Ratings Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol. Eagles at Subi, every game was a sellout.

Every. Single. Game.

But it often had as many as 10-15% of seats empty. More if it was a sh*t game.

So no, whatever conspiracy your hinting at. Bollocks.

On moto g(6) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

Lmao what are you talking about :rolleyes: this isn't about west coast, in Vic we haven't had crowds since 2019. Tickets went on sale well mostly free to upgrade and they were snapped up like crazy. Of course in a normal season 10 or 20% reserve seat holders not going is normal, are you catching on here.

Richmond had a ballot for tickets, others had priority on their membership type for tickets, reduced capacity had people frantically trying to get tkts, hence why they were snapped up for rich v carl, pies v dogs and ess v hawks.

Now about 4,000 deciding not to go after going through the process in the week of the game to get their tickets is a tad strange.
Conspiracy lol you eagles supporters are a funny lot.

Last edited:
I really don't think it was sold out. I checked just before the game and I could still by nose bleed seats in groups of 6.

So the AFL and Ticketek were lying about both Thursday and Friday being sell outs?
That could be one of the reasons it didn't sell out as well! Fans thinking the couldn't get a ticket!

So the AFL and Ticketek were lying about both Thursday and Friday being sell outs?
That could be one of the reasons it didn't sell out as well! Fans thinking the couldn't get a ticket!

Did they say Friday was a sellout? If they have that was incorrect but nobody has provided a link yet

Last edited:
It might have nationally. remember this is a metro audience only.

Aah, OK. That would make sense. Presumably the NRL would have a higher ratio regional / metro in foxtel as well

Suggests very healthy foxtel ratings though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From wikipedia
Ess-Haw crowd: 25,128
North Port crowd: 13,050

Hopefully over the next few weeks people get used to pre booking etc and things pick up , hopefully my teams game against the hawks can crack 40k

What was the story in Perth only 38,000 Eagles V GC?
Did the stadium have a crowd limit or was it just a poor crowd by Perth standards?

What was the story in Perth only 38,000 Eagles V GC?
Did the stadium have a crowd limit or was it just a poor crowd by Perth standards?

75% crowd limit apparently. Would obviously depend on how the Eagles do their tickets in Covid

From wikipedia
Ess-Haw crowd: 25,128
North Port crowd: 13,050

Hopefully over the next few weeks people get used to pre booking etc and things pick up , hopefully my teams game against the hawks can crack 40k
Interesting the Essendon match was a sell out but only 25,000. Maybe Medallion Club no shows? Who knows.

Interesting watching crowds this year. I have a feeling they will be below expectation with ongoing ticketing complexity and COVID anxiety impacting totals.

In a normal year you’d expect 70,000 on a Thursday night for Pies/Blues with probably 60,000 to Tigers/Hawks. I guess it depends on the listing of restrictions this week to 75% to achieve anything like these crowds this week before we can start getting a better read on attendances in 2021.

Even with 75% - 100% capacity, I reckon 2021 crowds will be down 10% - 20% on pre-COVID expectations.
- many people do not like pre-booking, or find it difficult
- some people are going to pre-book their free ticket then not turn up, possibly stopping others from attending for big games
- many people still worried about COVID
- some people might be simply be more happy to watch at home after getting used to it in 2020

Even with 75% - 100% capacity, I reckon 2021 crowds will be down 10% - 20% on pre-COVID expectations.
- many people do not like pre-booking, or find it difficult
- some people are going to pre-book their free ticket then not turn up, possibly stopping others from attending for big games
- many people still worried about COVID
- some people might be simply be more happy to watch at home after getting used to it in 2020

I think the third dot point is the massive factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back