Play Nice 2021 Crowds and Ratings Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How good is it we’re discussing, debating and arguing about crowds😄👍
Yep at least its a lot better than the 14,000 for the RL GF replay last night! :mad:

It will most likely take a season to get back to somewhere near normal crowds but hey it could be a lot worse we should be thankful for small mercies!

Normal working Thursdays with a school day next day are not a good time to be playing or TV viewing as people have other favourite shows so Thursdays should be restricted to a couple of matches at the start of the season and the day before Good Friday then back to Fridays to start the weekend!

In the end, it's a tick under 1 mill, I agree slightly disappointing for thurs night so early in the season
Maybe the blues are a hard sell these days?
I think you will find that FTA is on a slow downward trend and only News and some Current Affairs programmes rate now in the top 5 and even they are way down on what they used to get! So being the top sport for the night and in the top 10 is OK.

In the end, it's a tick under 1 mill, I agree slightly disappointing for thurs night so early in the season
Maybe the blues are a hard sell these days?

I reckon we might be a hard sell these days!

NRL Grand Final replay only got 884K which is a surprise.

Being able to pick seats on a seat map would make forced reserved a lot better.
hopefully now at 75 clubs can give most of their reserved seat holders their seat.

Again only Crowd: 20,070 at GMHBA Stadium and Geelong before the game even started said the digital ticketing was putting thousands of people off going to the footy!

Again only Crowd: 20,070 at GMHBA Stadium and Geelong before the game even started said the digital ticketing was putting thousands of people off going to the footy!
It's going to happen all year. Tickets are too inaccessible and too much hassle for an average fan.

It's going to happen all year. Tickets are too inaccessible and too much hassle for an average fan.
Brian Cook the Geelong FC CEO said last the difference between 20.000 and a 29,000 crowd at the ground was a million bucks and he also said the clumsy ticketing arrangements were putting thousands of fans off going to the footy including members who just want to scan their card at the stadium.

I would not expect the majority of Geelong fans to have technological literacy however.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brian Cook the Geelong FC CEO said last the difference between 20.000 and a 29,000 crowd at the ground was a million bucks and he also said the clumsy ticketing arrangements were putting thousands of fans off going to the footy including members who just want to scan their card at the stadium.
Most fans there last night were reserved seat members, so the revenue is already collected.

I would not expect the majority of Geelong fans to have technological literacy however.
nice og content. You got any jokes about meth?

Ratings have been decidedly disappointing so far this season. What gives? Struggling to break 1mil when we did it with ease for so many games last year

1) Average over 3 hours versus average over 2 hours 20 minutes
2) Further growth in streaming
3) Potentially people allowed to do more things than last year

Might not be a very big crowd for the Saints tonight. Both Sandringham and Frankston line trains are down, ie the 2 train lines 90% of St Kilda fans live along.

Might not be a very big crowd for the Saints tonight. Both Sandringham and Frankston line trains are down, ie the 2 train lines 90% of St Kilda fans live along.

******* hell Melbourne trains are unreliable. Every 2nd or 3rd weekend there seems to be entire lines that get shut down. Surely you'd do any trackwork in the middle of the night?

A bit less than expected, but still the largest crowd in NSW for any sport so far this year besides the BBL Grand Final.

Last edited:
******* hell Melbourne trains are unreliable. Every 2nd or 3rd weekend there seems to be entire lines that get shut down. Surely you'd do any trackwork in the middle of the night?

There is a huge level crossing removal program going on here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back