Play Nice 2021 Crowds and Ratings Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still not bad considering the low drawing power of some of those games but the recent decline is concerning but have only been GWS games and two Melbourne games that had sales go on sale very late that have been under 10000.

That’s why you need the big clubs to go down there. Richmond v Kangaroos is the biggest attendance! Carlton went once too.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

That’s why you need the big clubs to go down there. Richmond v Kangaroos is the biggest attendance! Carlton went once too.

Some big games in amongst some decent games would be about right,we are never going to get 3 or 4 big teams.

Predictions for Friday night?

Normal circumstances you would hope for 70k, but expect 65k.

This year I’m struggling to see Cats pulling more suppers to the G than the Dogs and think 55k may pull it well and truely up.

If the same amount or even more cats fans turn up than bulldog supporters should be a fair bit bigger , should be a lot more tigers there...
Weather looks good like last week which will help...
Anyway will get a bit of an idea tomorrow..

Tigers home game, friday night, so the crowd split will be 70/20/10 (tigers/geelong/neutral). Should crack 60k but not much more.

Interested to see the crowds for the below

Melbourne v Sydney (MCG)
Hawthorn v West Coast (MCG)

Wonder if the Melbourne faithful will leave the slopes and turn up at the 'G on Saturday?!

Last edited:
Interested to see the crowds for the below

Melbourne v Sydney (MCG)
Hawthorn v West Coast (MCG)

Wonder if the Melbourne faithful will leave the slopes and turn up at the 'G on Saturday?!
I suspect the Hawthorn crowd will be quite low

I'm most interested to see what sort of crowd Brisbane get, considering the late notice fixture turn around + weird time slot for EST + it being mothers day. A few years ago this would've been a guaranteed low crowd so it'll be interesting to see if they've really turned the corner and can still get a good crowd in spite of all those things

What’s stopping the G from doing their expected attendances? Would be really fascinating. The Dees v Swans match could range from 35-55k, anything between that is a chance. My guess is:

Dees v Swans: 42,500
Hawks v Eagles: 27,300

What’s stopping the G from doing their expected attendances? Would be really fascinating. The Dees v Swans match could range from 35-55k, anything between that is a chance. My guess is:

Dees v Swans: 42,500
Hawks v Eagles: 27,300

Richmond v Sydney got 43,637

Melbourne v Sydney may get around 40,000 - 42,000

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm most interested to see what sort of crowd Brisbane get, considering the late notice fixture turn around + weird time slot for EST + it being mothers day. A few years ago this would've been a guaranteed low crowd so it'll be interesting to see if they've really turned the corner and can still get a good crowd in spite of all those things
Hawks crowd may be ok, they’re running a promotion giving away a free ticket to those that go along which will push it up somewhat.

I would expect this to be their worst crowd of the season, I’ve got friends who are caught out by the sudden switch and can’t make it when they attend every other lions match. They got 20,000 for Port so 15,000 to me would be impressive accounting for all of those factors you listed.

Mothers Day always effects crowds esp if it is raining in the morning!!

Richmond v Sydney got 43,637

Melbourne v Sydney may get around 40,000 - 42,000
Richmond >>>> Melbourne, by a long long way.

Average since 1997 of this fixture is 30K. with the current issues regarding attendances due to Covid, you would be happy to go over that with a few thousand to spare.

The higest max with these teams is 52K, on a Monday night to watch Plugger kick 100 and the demons make the finals. they did get 51K in 2018 on a Sunday Afternoon. But Covid.....Mothers day weekend.

Let me put it another way. ANZAC Day Eve only got 56K total. Outside of that, Melbourne have not got over 40K for a match this year against Freo and Geelong.(plus the away one against Hawks)

$55 for a level 4 seat at the G tonight is a farce.

Level 4 should be all GA prices. Give the game back to the fans this year. Anything to get people back.

Doesn’t look like Olympic level 4 has been opened and still level 1 tickets available. Plenty of level 4 Ponsford end.

50k tops.

$55 for a level 4 seat at the G tonight is a farce.

Level 4 should be all GA prices. Give the game back to the fans this year. Anything to get people back.

Doesn’t look like Olympic level 4 has been opened and still level 1 tickets available. Plenty of level 4 Ponsford end.

50k tops.

That would be a really disappointing crowd TBH. This should be pushing 55-60K tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back