Play Nice 2021 Crowds and Ratings Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great to see all the Brisbane fans around Hobart at the moment,I'm down from the north and have seen a lot of Brisbane gear,7 to 8 thousand would be a good number for todays game considering the circumstances.

Gold Coast v Port Adelaide = 7,117 @ Metricon Stadium

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Great to see all the Brisbane fans around Hobart at the moment,I'm down from the north and have seen a lot of Brisbane gear,7 to 8 thousand would be a good number for todays game considering the circumstances.
going to guess 5k. more than GWS. Less than Melbourne.

Its tough. The hill is covid restricted and hurting the numbers. that is a large slice of the attendance of a normal match as they are the cheap seats.

Its tough. The hill is covid restricted and hurting the numbers. that is a large slice of the attendance of a normal match as they are the cheap seats.
It will be worse next week with gold coast and to think they plan on resigning this deal shortly allthough i do realise a lot of things are contributing to the low numbers at the moment.

It's a little hard to see because it doesn't show the Ricky Ponting stand.

I'm hearing the crowd in Hobart earlier was just 2600 but that is not confirmed,very concerning for the future of AFL in Hobart if proven to be correct.

I'm hearing the crowd in Hobart earlier was just 2600 but that is not confirmed,very concerning for the future of AFL in Hobart if proven to be correct.
Crowd in Hobart was 5,077 according to TV this morning, slightly better then last week but still very poor considering one of the team involved is in the top 4 - and you would expect next week's game Nth vs Suns could be lowest of this stretch of games down there

Crowd in Hobart was 5,077 according to TV this morning, slightly better then last week but still very poor considering one of the team involved is in the top 4 - and you would expect next week's game Nth vs Suns could be lowest of this stretch of games down there
A large amount of them were Brisbane supporters,not a lot of Norths nearly 6000 Tasmanian members.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Missed opportunity not having our game against North in Albury where 100% capacity is allowed and people from Melbourne would have been able to travel for it.

Hawthorns Home game allthough over half were Essendon supporters.

Dave just being facetious, insert laughing emoji as it came across like a bombers home game.
Bombers were the louder, maybe as they haven't been in tassie for decades ;) the fans came out in droves as they might not see them again for another 25 years!

Last edited:
I
Dave just being facetious, insert laughing emoji came across like a bombers home game.
Bombers were the louder, maybe as they haven't been in tassie for decades ;) the fans came out in droves as they might not see them again for another 25 years!
It would be good to see these bigger teams a bit more often but probably not likely.

I

It would be good to see these bigger teams a bit more often but probably not likely.
Astute knows me too well....

From a Bomber fans perspective, Essendon’s drawing power around Australia has provided footy an unexpected dimension in an otherwise difficult circumstance due to COVID.

They’ve played in WA and Tassie before massive support in a way that has brought immense joy to these fans, and dare I say it, the clubs administration who would be trying to work out how it can form closer relationships with them and grow their membership by tapping into this nation wide support.

On days like today, the legacy of Kevin Sheedy and what he did for Essendon is forefront in our minds.

Astute knows me too well....

From a Bomber fans perspective, Essendon’s drawing power around Australia has provided footy an unexpected dimension in an otherwise difficult circumstance due to COVID.

They’ve played in WA and Tassie before massive support in a way that has brought immense joy to these fans, and dare I say it, the clubs administration who would be trying to work out how it can form closer relationships with them and grow their membership by tapping into this nation wide support.

On days like today, the legacy of Kevin Sheedy and what he did for Essendon is forefront in our minds.

Everything you have said is correct. The Sheeds factor is immense & when he used to always go on about “I want to have my team to play all parts of this country..” in press conferences really came to the fore on a day like today. It paid off bc we are one of the biggest footy clubs in the land. We probably won’t play in Tasmania again for a while but surely if you’re The AFL, you would start fixturing Collingwood, Carlton, Richmond & Essendon here on a rotating yearly roster against Hawks or Kangaroos.

Everything you have said is correct. The Sheeds factor is immense & when he used to always go on about “I want to have my team to play all parts of this country..” in press conferences really came to the fore on a day like today. It paid off bc we are one of the biggest footy clubs in the land. We probably won’t play in Tasmania again for a while but surely if you’re The AFL, you would start fixturing Collingwood, Carlton, Richmond & Essendon here on a rotating yearly roster against Hawks or Kangaroos.

Problem being is Hawks/kangaroos v the big 4 are their biggest money earners in Melbourne as well.

Interesting that Collingwood have never played a home and away game in Tasmania. Their would be a lot of starved Collingwood Tasmanian fans eager to see them play!! The biggest crowds in Tasmania have all involved either Carlton, Essendon and Richmond

if you’re The AFL, you would start fixturing Collingwood, Carlton, Richmond & Essendon here on a rotating yearly roster against Hawks or Kangaroos.

No doubt any of those games would sell out or go close to a sell-out. Tiges V hawks in 2006 got 20,971 and in 2016 Tiges V North there were almost 18K
So you're right the crowds will come in bigger numbers in Tassie when it involves the big supported clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back