Status
Not open for further replies.
May 13, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Brumbies, Socceroos
Provide the link to back up your claim

Since another poster can recall GCU opening its gates to all for free, I assume you are wanting evidence of the Titans doing it.,
Well here it is.

So back in 2012, after attracting only 11k to its first home game of the season, the club made a pledge that if they were to lose their next game against the Storm, they would open the gates and allow free entry to all for the next home game.
of course they lost, so they opened their gates for their next home game, which was Canterbury, and that attracted 14k fans.

Aussie in exile

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 21, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Since another poster can recall GCU opening its gates to all for free, I assume you are wanting evidence of the Titans doing it.,
Well here it is.

So back in 2012, after attracting only 11k to its first home game of the season, the club made a pledge that if they were to lose their next game against the Storm, they would open the gates and allow free entry to all for the next home game.
of course they lost, so they opened their gates for their next home game, which was Canterbury, and that attracted 14k fans.
Where the evidence of opening the gates?

abcde12345

Team Captain
May 15, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
GWS
North Melbourne only had 3500 against GWS in Hobart too.

I'd also suggest a startup team based in Western Sydney is unlikely to be too concerned about their presence in Hobart either, not to mention the fact that all the games in Hobart this year have struggled to draw strong crowds.

pOleK

Professional Couch Observer
Oct 27, 2014
Tbar
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
FC Barcelona, Atlanta Hawks
16660 at the Gabba
43657 at Perth Stadium
not too bad at the gabba i would've thought. for a game that was scheduled for next week to be pushed up half way through the week to still have nearly 17k just rock up is amazing. if this happened a few years ago would've been an easy sub 10k

not too bad at the gabba i would've thought. for a game that was scheduled for next week to be pushed up half way through the week to still have nearly 17k just rock up is amazing. if this happened a few years ago would've been an easy sub 10k
This year like 2020 is a write off for crowds, border closures, last minute changes, floating fixtures etc.

pOleK

Professional Couch Observer
Oct 27, 2014
Tbar
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
FC Barcelona, Atlanta Hawks
This year like 2020 is a write off for crowds, border closures, last minute changes, floating fixtures etc.
Yea, I'm not disagreeing with that sentiment at all. Just saying 17k for a last minute fixture change is pretty good in qld

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back