Play Nice 2021 Crowds and Ratings Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And?????

there never would be 10K there for a 10K event. Reserved seat members or people who get sick may not turn up. The actual number for capacity could have been 9,679 and 10K sounded bet. That limit could have included venue staff. We don't know the ins and outs of game day management.

What we do know is that it was sold out. That is, there were no more tickets available to purchase. No football club would stop selling tickets if they had more available. You aren't a good business if that is your policy.
Another interesting thing to consider is for some reason Macca's was giving out freebies with their meals to this game,very odd indeed considering I heard of so many unable to get tickets.

That's my point its not sold out
Simple flow chart to determine if an event is sold out.

Can you buy a ticket----No

Why---Cause there is no tickets left

fairly certain that means it is sold out.

Capacity limits, reserved (members) seats who don't turn up, free tickets are all irrelevant in determining if a match is "sold out". other words for sold out include gone, depleted, sellout, out of stock.

It doesnt mean that every ticket in the ground was sold. it means there is not more tickets available to be sold.

Another interesting thing to consider is for some reason Macca's was giving out freebies with their meals to this game,very odd indeed considering I heard of so many unable to get tickets.
they had less than a week to sell. I think people underestimate how much that impacts on things.

The role of free tickets on this forum is overplayed. Who cares. We dont know how many are gifted out. I hadn't heard of maccas giving out free tickets. That promo might have only had 100 tickets. It could have had infinity. lets concentrate on the info we actually have in front of us.

Capacity limits, reserved (members) seats who don't turn up, free tickets are all irrelevant in determining if a match is "sold out". other words for sold out include gone, depleted, sellout, out of stock.

It doesnt mean that every ticket in the ground was sold. it means there is not more tickets available to be sold.
The problem with this game is I know of a lot of people that missed out on tickets and yet Macca's was giving away freebies with meals.I can understand freebies been given for games against GWS for example but why give out tickets for a game against a team like Geelong.

If you give out free tickets it's not sold out. They are exactly that free, and not paid for.
Lets move on

The problem with this game is I know of a lot of people that missed out on tickets and yet Macca's was giving away freebies with meals.I can understand freebies been given for games against GWS for example but why give out tickets for a game against a team like Geelong.
Indeed and the keys words are giving away freebies

they had less than a week to sell. I think people underestimate how much that impacts on things.

The role of free tickets on this forum is overplayed. Who cares. We dont know how many are gifted out. I hadn't heard of maccas giving out free tickets. That promo might have only had 100 tickets. It could have had infinity. lets concentrate on the info we actually have in front of us.
Another point is if people with reserved seats can't attend they need something where they can resell these to all the people that want tickets but can't get them,I know of 11 people alone up here in the north that said they couldn't go because tickets were sold out and Ticketec was sold out since Thursday by the way.

Sponsers are sponsers.

commercial arrangements bring a lot money into football. again, it is not info we know.

they had less than a week to sort this out. It not easy to sort members allocations.

If you give out free tickets it's not sold out. They are exactly that free, and not paid for.
Lets move on
It is not a hard concept to gasp. We had this discussion not long ago about the same thing and it annoyed me then and annoys me now.

Sold out doesnt mean every ticket is sold. It is a figure of speech. dont take it literally.

since you dont seem to gasp it. I will put it another way.

The ticket allocation for the match had been exhausted and depleted. There were no more tickets available to purcahse as all the tickets had been allocated from the seller to other parties. there will be no further allocation of tickets for the event

That means exactly the same thing as sold out. One is just a lot easier to say than the other.

I will move on now.

Sponsers are sponsers.

commercial arrangements bring a lot money into football. again, it is not info we know.

they had less than a week to sort this out. It not easy to sort members allocations.

It is not a hard concept to gasp. We had this discussion not long ago about the same thing and it annoyed me then and annoys me now.

Sold out doesnt mean every ticket is sold. It is a figure of speech. dont take it literally.

since you dont seem to gasp it. I will put it another way.

The ticket allocation for the match had been exhausted and depleted. There were no more tickets available to purcahse as all the tickets had been allocated from the seller to other parties. there will be no further allocation of tickets for the event

That means exactly the same thing as sold out. One is just a lot easier to say than the other.

I will move on now.
Well I think the crowd looked pretty strong actually, probably around 9000.

IT.IS.SOLD.OUT!!!!!!!!!!

10K limit would probably include staff at the venue. plus people may not turn up.

Seriously, get a grip. Its covid, sold out with heavy capacity limits. The main cameras are from the Ricky Ponting stand, and so would not pick up half of the grand stand.

Not sure what more you expect Hobart to do

I hope the Tasmanian Govt have deep pockets to fund a Tassie team - they will need them!

Crowd of 8033 in Hobart today,not too bad all things considered but annoying that they said it was sold out since Thursday and I know of a lot of people that said they missed out on tickets for this reason.
it was sol...

sorry, cant say sold off, people get confused. all the tickets had been exhausted. just because it didn't reach 10K doesn't change that fact. you couldnt buy a ticket from thursday.

attendance is not the number of tickets sold for the event. It is the number of people who actually walk through the games.

How many sell out Docklands games only reach 42-5K.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

and.......

what crowd did you expect Hobart to have here. remember, capacity was limited to seated seats up to 10K
Well probably something closer to the ten thousand,I heard of lots of people complaining about not been able to get tickets for this game and then come game day it's nearly 2000 short of a sell out.

Well probably something closer to the ten thousand,I heard of lots of people complaining about not been able to get tickets for this game and then come game day it's nearly 2000 short of a sell out.
perhaps that is something North and Blundstone could look at in the future.

but again, they didnt have much time to set this up, these limits are new, the masks are new and this is a very unusual year. there is always leakage of tickets allocated and how many people actually turn up.

and covid......

Anyone know the crowd for Hawks vs Brisbane in Launceston today?...it definitely looked like Launceston's smallest ever crowd for a home game.

Crowd of 5381 for Hawks vs Brisbane in Launceston today, Launceston's lowest crowd for a regular season game to date.

You would think next weeks hawthorn c Collingwood match will sell out 10,000 tickets within the first hour!! Be a pretty pro Collingwood crowd too considering it be the first home and away game Collingwood have ever played in Tasmania

perhaps that is something North and Blundstone could look at in the future.

but again, they didnt have much time to set this up, these limits are new, the masks are new and this is a very unusual year. there is always leakage of tickets allocated and how many people actually turn up.

and covid......
To add to this point, it's not unheard of in an AFL context.

Essendon have had plenty of their 42k Docklands sellouts in a 55k stadium.

That's 76%, not 80% in this case. And as you've alluded to, we have no idea if the 10k capacity limit counts the staff involved in running the game, which if you count the players and staff and the operation of the game, run into the several hundred.

You would think next weeks hawthorn c Collingwood match will sell out 10,000 tickets within the first hour!! Be a pretty pro Collingwood crowd too considering it be the first home and away game Collingwood have ever played in Tasmania
Yep. The Hawks / Bombets game sold out in an hour and that was restricted to 15,000. This one should do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back