Play Nice 2021 Crowds and Ratings Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So "if it helps you sleep at night" wasn't meant to come across as rude? And if I believe it did than you are going with another "if it helps you"?

I'll give you a hint, if you are responding with "if it helps you sleep at night" where somebody makes a very non-personal critique of something you say - you are the one being rude and personal.

Its meant to say, you can do what you like. But I understand how it was condescending and patronising, and I apologise.

Sure. And that post also included your rude response to my reasonable critique of your post.

Unfortunately my legal obligations supersede my requirements to keep my posts on this forum.

"If it helps you sleep at night" that you get negative response sometimes because people are jealous that others "like and respect you" than good for you!

Ah no. thats not what that was, and more to the point you know that. Its always about the perception that some people give me more credit than you think I deserve. And to be fair, Ive thought the same.

Yes I do. I have inferred that using my expertise and I have enough information to make that judgement.

No you really dont. Anyone inferring anything about anyones expertise about almost anything on a football forum doesnt have that.

Deep knowledge of ratings data and processes in a certain area exceeding all but perhaps a dozen people = genuine (albeit niche) subject expertise by any stringent measure

I disagree. Having information and knowing how its collected and collated are all well and good, but there are a great many others who know more than I do. And I mean a great many.

Not knowing basic logic and principles of conceptual and quantitative analysis = no analytical expertise by the most lenient measure

Nolt agreeing with you or not doing something on a public forum, or on twitter - and I dont consider anything i wrote today to be analysis. No commentary other than the fact the ratings had dropped from the 2016 mark - a statement born out by the raw data - was supplied, no context given, no additional explanation was added.

BTW I notice you've belatedly changed to using known streaming shares to estimate streaming ratings after your ridiculous intransigence earlier this year!

Where i have a hard average from the source, I will still use the hard average for overall ratings tabulation. That has not changed. That the given ratings per game on the previous table were not accurate per game was indicative of atable that wasnt created for the purpose i posted it here for. That was an error, and I was out of line in my responses to that. Again, I apologise for that.

We've used percentages to estimate regional ratings for a decade in the absence of data, this isnt a new thing.

If you said one data point was "lower" than another data point you would just have been making an observation. If you had just done that you are still engaging in analysis. As soon as you go to the effort of putting two data points next to each-other to "compare" them you are engaging in analysis.

Thats a hard disagree. The data is worded the way it is, due to the tables being forbidden. Its not that I dont get your position, I just dont agree with it.

It's because you have such lack of awareness of the technical implications of the language you use but are arguing anyway like you couldn't possibly be wrong. You wouldn't be doing that if you were aware of your own inexpertise

While it could have been worded better, and my response may have been more tempered, your literally arguing over a semantic difference that IMO doesnt change the facts.

Now if Id written the article for season end, which hasnt been done yet, then that analysis would have been supplied.

In any case. Ill say no more here. We're going in circiles and people dont need to see this.

Its meant to say, you can do what you like. But I understand how it was condescending and patronising, and I apologise.

Thank you. I certainly wasn't trying to extract an apology from you - I am aware I am belligerent myself often around here. I think particularly as a moderator it is good to understand how you might be inflaming a situation

Unfortunately my legal obligations supersede my requirements to keep my posts on this forum.

Ah no. thats not what that was, and more to the point you know that. Its always about the perception that some people give me more credit than you think I deserve. And to be fair, Ive thought the same.

Nope, may be that applies to some people but I personally couldn't care if you get more credit than you deserve. On multiple occasions I've tried to be helpful and you've responded in a way that is similar to this situation. To the extent you've rubbed my own ego up the wrong way, that's where to look.

If you just disagreed with me I would probably still find that annoying but it is the ad hominem loading that particularly irritates.

No you really dont. Anyone inferring anything about anyones expertise about almost anything on a football forum doesnt have that.

I disagree. Having information and knowing how its collected and collated are all well and good, but there are a great many others who know more than I do. And I mean a great many.

Well, it greatly surprises me if there are many people with the combination of understanding australian tv ratings data collection processes and knowledge of historic australian sporting tv ratings...however if you say there are a great many such people than you would know

Nolt agreeing with you or not doing something on a public forum, or on twitter - and I dont consider anything i wrote today to be analysis. No commentary other than the fact the ratings had dropped from the 2016 mark - a statement born out by the raw data - was supplied, no context given, no additional explanation was added.

Which goes to my key point that you unwittingly engage in analysis. This isn't really a matter of opinion.

Once you understand this you would know that all I did by identifying that 2016 was an outlier year and therefore a misleading baseline was to deepen the analysis. Instead your response (which I acknowledge you've apologised for the tone of it) implied that I was introducing bias.

Where i have a hard average from the source, I will still use the hard average for overall ratings tabulation. That has not changed. That the given ratings per game on the previous table were not accurate per game was indicative of atable that wasnt created for the purpose i posted it here for. That was an error, and I was out of line in my responses to that. Again, I apologise for that.

We've used percentages to estimate regional ratings for a decade in the absence of data, this isnt a new thing.

Thats a hard disagree. The data is worded the way it is, due to the tables being forbidden. Its not that I dont get your position, I just dont agree with it.

While it could have been worded better, and my response may have been more tempered, your literally arguing over a semantic difference that IMO doesnt change the facts.

Now if Id written the article for season end, which hasnt been done yet, then that analysis would have been supplied.

In any case. Ill say no more here. We're going in circiles and people dont need to see this.

As above.

NRL to move Storm preliminary final to avoid AFL grand final clash

A massive backdown by motor mouth V'Landys and gives the AFL GF a clear run on the Sat night!

NRL to move Storm preliminary final to avoid AFL grand final clash

A massive backdown by motor mouth V'Landys and gives the AFL GF a clear run on the Sat night!

Smart move, I guess pressure from advertisers forced the move as now they will have a bigger viewing audience in Victoria tuning in.
I'm not a massive NRL fan but ill definitely watch the storm at 4pm, then the AFL GF at 7.15pm

I mean, I think it's provably clear that Sydney fans who watch minimal home-and-away games tune in for one or all of the finals that Sydney play, so any comparisons to years in which Sydney play multiple finals is pretty pointless to compare. There's always going to be drop-off in finals ratings in years that Sydney don't make at least the Prelim to those years that they do.

All 12,000 AFL grand final tickets allocated to Melbourne Demons members have today sold out in just over four hours, representing a blow to WA fans chasing general public tickets later this week.

The Demons kicked off the competing membership race for seats this morning, with tickets going on sale for priority club members from 9am.

The sale window opened for priority two members at 11am and by about 1.15pm the club’s entire allocation had been snapped up, meaning some priority three members missed out.

There was nothing to stop Demons fans in locked down Victoria from giving their “member barcodes” to family and friends in WA, with each barcode entitling the holder to a single ticket.

It’s understood the club — which hasn’t won the flag since 1964 — also enjoyed a spike in Perth-based footy lovers buying interstate memberships.

Western Bulldogs members will get their chance to secure a seat for the September 25 premiership decider from 9am Tuesday.

Any unsecured tickets out of that pool will be added to the general public allotment of 10,250, which go on sale to WA punters from 10am Thursday.

The big take-up from members represents bad news for those looking to purchase general public seats, with few tickets now expected to be added to that pool.

Tickets start at $185 (category six) for the block of seats located on level one directly behind the goals.

All of the other level one tickets were priced at between $405 (category two) and $450 (category one).

Tickets on level three at either end of the ground were priced at $450, while level five was a mix of $375 (category three), $330 (category four) and $275 (category five).

Of the 60,000 seats up for grabs, about 24,000 — 40 per cent — were split between sponsors and stakeholders (11,000) and premium hospitality packages (13,000), which are sold out.

The 60 per cent balance was made-up of competing club members (12,000 seats for each team), general public (10,000) and AFL members (2000).

The allocations are similar to how tickets are carved-up for grand finals at the MCG — except it’s the first time 10,000 seats have been made available to the general public.

Angry Victorian-based AFL members are waiting to find out what compensation they will receive after discovering their grand final ticket privileges will go to waste.
AFL members had been hoping they could buy tickets to this year’s historic Perth decider between Melbourne and Western Bulldogs and offer them to friends or family members in Western Australian.

But the AFL has ruled the tickets are non-transferable — unlike club memberships.

lt be interesting to see if the GF crowd can beat the current AFL record of 59,608 for the AFL Preliminary Final in September 2018 between West Coast Eagles and Melbourne.
The overall record crowd for Optus Stadium is 61,241 for the 2019 Bledisloe Cup clash between the Wallabies & All Blacks, where additional seating was used on three sides of the playing arena.
Its a pity the stadiums capacity wasn't 65,000 then 60,000 would easily be reached for major events.

lt be interesting to see if the GF crowd can beat the current AFL record of 59,608 for the AFL Preliminary Final in September 2018 between West Coast Eagles and Melbourne.
The overall record crowd for Optus Stadium is 61,241 for the 2019 Bledisloe Cup clash between the Wallabies & All Blacks, where additional seating was used on three sides of the playing arena.
Its a pity the stadiums capacity wasn't 65,000 then 60,000 would easily be reached for major events.
They really jist need to sell 2000k standing room tickets

Interesting the brownlow is on 7 mate into sydney i thought it would have gotten a gig on the main channel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still a second rate production which just reinforces the view that the NRL is a long way behind the the AFL in most aspects of presenting top class sporting events!

Or its Fox not producing quality content for the NRL - and not promoting it either - a lot of NRL fans didnt even know it was on. Either way, this was a new thing, exclusive to Fox, just like the Dally M is.

61,118 for the GF, is a record crowd for an AFL game in WA. Just shy of the 61,266 capacity in footy mode.

Previous was 59,608 which was an Eagles vs Melbourne final in 2018 at Optus.

Just missed out on the record stadium crowd of 61,241 for the 2019 Bledisloe cup which used bump in seating for the rectangle field, which boosts the capacity to 65,000.

61,118 for the GF, is a record crowd for an AFL game in WA. Just shy of the 61,266 capacity in footy mode.

Previous was 59,608 which was an Eagles vs Melbourne final in 2018 at Optus.

Just missed out on the record stadium crowd of 61,241 for the 2019 Bledisloe cup which used bump in seating for the rectangle field, which boosts the capacity to 65,000.
Yep great to see the record crowd plus WA put on a great show!

Great ratings again esp with over 3 million in metro areas and Sydney with nearly 400,000 is sensational for two Melbourne teams and yes first a twilight and eventually a night GF are only a matter of time!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back