Player Watch Rory Laird

Remove this Banner Ad

Congrats to Laird, pretty amazing achievement given how recent his move to the midfield is.

Hope we can harness what he brings a bit more by surrounding him with complementary midfielders more of the time.

[Kelly and O’Brien so high is yuck. Where the heck is Harry?]

How the hell did Jake Kelly have a better year than Jordon Butts??

We do seem to reward team first actions in the BNF under Nicks. Kelly certainly does this to a good degree.

Just a shame he's a pretty mediocre footballer.

We do seem to reward team first actions in the BNF under Nicks. Kelly certainly does this to a good degree.

Just a shame he's a pretty mediocre footballer.

Keeping your opponents from kicking goals every week isn't team-first?

You're a tool mate, dont worry ill give Hamish and Reid a call to make sure they pluck the next 5 Dustin Martins from the sky so that Recruiting Manager Brett Cummings will be satisfied.
imagine thinking any midfieder in the league is scared of keays.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was blown away by the people in here that were calling for him to be traded and said he was nothing more than a cheap possession getter at half back because of one average season.
To see him become B&F in the midfield is so satisfying.
He's a dead set gun. Always was regardless of what the peanut gallery were saying.

Catching up on Olsen's opening speech, he does emphasise that Optus left 3 months ago and have already been replaced. To be announced in November when contracts expire.

OR they did what was asked of them by their coaches and were rewarded accordingly?

Young players have more things to work on and more development goals. We benchmark these players against what they could be and what we want them to be

Senior players are set in stone and we base our expectations more around their role. They are benchmarked against what we know they can provide.

Wow. Sounds like the voting is screwed up. Harry had a much better year.
Harry had a good purple patch late in the year however had a fair few quiet games early in the year

Ned has playednwith strong aggression all year, even when he is not getting the footy he is attacking the opposition

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I always thought, when Simon Goodwin was club captain he was boring to listen to, but Rory Sloane is 10 times worse. He can not string a sentence together without stopping.

His speech tonight was massively cringeworthy. I stopped listening as I lost interest in what he was saying. I’m not sure I even believed a single word he said.

Great player, but he should not speak on behalf of the club ever again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back