Player Watch Rory Laird

Remove this Banner Ad

next you'll say murphy is good.

another one who tries but doesnt have it.
and again you compare Murphy’s output to Keays, wtf? One is a small forward that kicks 1 half arsed goal every few weeks And the other is averaging above 25 disposals every week. Keays must of cut Bretts lunch somewhere along the way.

and again you compare Murphy’s output to Keays, wtf? One is a small forward that kicks 1 half arsed goal every few weeks And the other is averaging above 25 disposals every week. Keays must of cut Bretts lunch somewhere along the way.
no, I can just see that keays doesnt have it. once we draft some elite mids who's going to make way? bye bye keays. laird can move to the backline.

I always thought, when Simon Goodwin was club captain he was boring to listen to, but Rory Sloane is 10 times worse. He can not string a sentence together without stopping.

His speech tonight was massively cringeworthy. I stopped listening as I lost interest in what he was saying. I’m not sure I even believed a single word he said.

Great player, but he should not speak on behalf of the club ever again.
Yeah I agree he is a terrible speaker. I noticed in his interviews he seems to have a blank stare in his eyes and a lack of care in his words. Seems depressed. Hopefully Doedee is made captain as he performs on the field and is a star off.

You're a tool mate, dont worry ill give Hamish and Reid a call to make sure they pluck the next 5 Dustin Martins from the sky so that Recruiting Manager Brett Cummings will be satisfied.
lol you think reid is a competent list manager? didnt he refuse to trade brad crouch after he won the bnf and instead traded him the next year for essentially a bag of chips?

one of the biggest * ups in the clubs history. kelly came out and said he needs to get better at poker cos the club was all talk no action. st kilda bent reid over with no lube.

oh yeah, dont forget the two 1st rounders for bryce gibbs.

Last edited:
Well deserved for Laird, before he moved into the midfield we were helpless and uncompetitive there.

Lot of work to do, one of the weakest top 10s I've seen at this club. Doedee playing out of position, RoB playing injured, Sloanes worst year since early career, Ned good but wouldnt be top 10 at any other club, Kelly???

no, I can just see that keays doesnt have it. once we draft some elite mids who's going to make way? bye bye keays. laird can move to the backline.

You don't know what you are talking about,
man some people here think keays and laird is the future of

lol you think reid is a competent list manager? didnt he refuse to tade brad crouch after he won the bnf and instead traded him the next year for essentially a bag of chips?

Why are you putting words in my mouth, and now talking about something completely irrelevant? Laird has just won his 2nd B&F playing 2 different positions and Keays has finished 2nd in our B&F in his 2nd year at the club, they are not terrible players when you can achieve that Mr. Cummings. You have no idea what you are talking about and its embarrassing.

You don't know what you are talking about,

Why are you putting words in my mouth, and now talking about something completely irrelevant? Laird has just won his 2nd B&F playing 2 different positions and Keays has finished 2nd in our B&F in his 2nd year at the club, they are not terrible players when you can achieve that Mr. Cummings. You have no idea what you are talking about and its embarrassing.
you started talking about reid like he has a clue.

laird is also in the midfield because we have NO MIDFIELD. thats not his fault though. our midfield is the worst in the league.

you started talking about reid like he has a clue.
No I didn’t I was mocking you, you are just a little slow or confused. I’m
to the delusional people here that think keays and laird is our future starting midfield.

Can we just ban this troll? clearly cant decide which team to support, port or crows, apparently can't read so makes up s**t posts to sleep better at night. This thread is about recognising the year the players have had and our best performing player as voted by the coaches, and you are sprouting this crap? just going to put you on ignore.

No I didn’t I was mocking you, you are just a little slow or confused. I’m

Can we just ban this troll? clearly cant decide which team to support, port or crows, apparently can't read so makes up sh*t posts to sleep better at night. This thread is about recognising the year the players have had and our best performing player as voted by the coaches, and you are sprouting this crap? just going to put you on ignore.
I wanted port to beat geelong. wanna cry about it? I heard kleenex are hiring.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol you think reid is a competent list manager? didnt he refuse to trade brad crouch after he won the bnf and instead traded him the next year for essentially a bag of chips?

one of the biggest fu** ups in the clubs history. kelly came out and said he needs to get better at poker cos the club was all talk no action. st kilda bent reid over with no lube.

oh yeah, dont forget the two 1st rounders for bryce gibbs.
He seems to have gotten last year's draft correct and McHenry, Jones and Fogarty seems to be proven to be correct. We got 5 R/S nomination this year if you look at this more closely and it wasn't 2 1st rounders for Gibbs if you look at the trade more closely.

He seems to have gotten last year's draft correct and McHenry, Jones and Fogarty seems to be proven to be correct. We got 5 R/S nomination this year if you look at this more closely and it wasn't 2 1st rounders for Gibbs if you look at the trade more closely.
reid doesnt select players. hamish does.

Congrats Lairdy :thumbsu: He's had a super year. At one point he was struggling a touch with the tag and I wondered if we would see his output stifled ala Sloane from a few years back, but to his credit he pushed through it and just kept racking up numbers!

Also happy to see Keays come second. I know there are a few posters here who don't think he's part of our future, but I do. Or, let me put it another way. If we get to a point where he can't make our midfield group we will have absolutely nailed the next few drafts.

Well deserved for Laird, before he moved into the midfield we were helpless and uncompetitive there.

Lot of work to do, one of the weakest top 10s I've seen at this club. Doedee playing out of position, RoB playing injured, Sloanes worst year since early career, Ned good but wouldnt be top 10 at any other club, Kelly???
Kelly wasn't top 10. There's obviously something at play there with a trade.

Laird was probably the only fair winner. Top 10 is not too bad, thought Schoenberg would sneak in, but he was pretty unspectacular at times early in the year.

I think you're seeing the (underacknowledged) poor injury management of the club at play with McHenry sneaking in to equal 10th. The top 10 is basically just the only 10 players to play 20 games or more. Minus Schoenberg and plus Walker and Sloane.

Laird was probably the only fair winner. Top 10 is not too bad, thought Schoenberg would sneak in, but he was pretty unspectacular at times early in the year.

I think you're seeing the (underacknowledged) poor injury management of the club at play with McHenry sneaking in to equal 10th. The top 10 is basically just the only 10 players to play 20 games or more. Minus Schoenberg and plus Walker and Sloane.

IIRC Schoenberg was 10th before the final round, so he wasn’t too far off

Remove this Banner Ad

Back