Fantasy 2021 - Cutthroat League - Expressions of interrst

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Have moved the league over to Fleaflicker site, which is free and gives some important options that Espn doesnt give. Example, ability to conduct the draft entirely thru the site, email draft.

Will be one league, maximum 16 people, same concept as always....redraft league, IDPs included, zero bench, zero IR.

League site linked, where you can assess the scoring rules, player rankings....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have moved the league over to Fleaflicker site, which is free and gives some important options that Espn doesnt give. Example, ability to conduct the draft entirely thru the site, email draft.

Will be one league, maximum 16 people, same concept as always....redraft league, IDPs included, zero bench, zero IR.

League site linked, where you can assess the scoring rules, player rankings....

Zero bench, IR, all new to me, how does this work?

Oh, look who's finally invited me back to defend my title 3 years after I won it!

I'm still bitter - so fu** no.

Noticed your location comrade Nobby, I'm in stitches. 😂😂

Zero bench, IR, all new to me, how does this work?
So you draft the full 14 players that all will start. If a player of yours ends up injured, even just out for a week, or suspended, or on a bye week, you struggle with the option whether to cut the player and claim someone else to start. Having a full 14 players playing gives you the best chance to win week to week, as the league is very even, playoff spots on line, can't afford to drop a game. But, if you drop a star player, someone else will happily snaffle him up in waivers, take the zero score he will give that week. Some people have like 4 or 5 bye players for a week, and just think it's better to take the loss that week, than dropping a star player. Another thing to make it hard, is if you make a waiver claim you go to the end of the line for the next waiver round. So, often, people don't make waiver claims most of the year until they get to the top of the list, hopefully that coincides with one of your star players having a bye week, so you can cut him that week, knowing you can claim him again the following week. Hence the name CUTTHROAT.....on many levels, it's a bloodbath, people clamoring for a higher waiver spot, people sharking released star players on waivers, the fight for a playoff spot is always tooth and nail, like four or more people trying to get that last wildcard spot. And because standings ties are broken by H2H, often it ends up that week when someone played a bunch of bye players and lost to someone else, ends up missing the playoff spot due to that. Not always, but often. Many different draft, waivers, and management strategies that make it very cutthroat

Remove this Banner Ad

Back