Position 2021 Defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone watch the Giants game and able to give a view on Whitfield? I didn’t see it but does the role look good? Did he look sharper or still concerns? Was there a clear reason for the improved 110 score?
I’m upgrading Jiath this week and was set on Ridley but going early on Whitfield at under 2% ownership is very tempting.

Anyone watch the Giants game and able to give a view on Whitfield? I didn’t see it but does the role look good? Did he look sharper or still concerns? Was there a clear reason for the improved 110 score?

Looked set for a score in the 75-90 range until a big last quarter, he was essentially running around by himself, getting back deep in defence then creating further upfield. Not sure many sides would allow him the space he got late in the game and I would question how much his score was flattered by both that and how often the Giants kids looked for him as a calm, senior player when the game was on the line all last quarter.

Prior to that they weren't really directing play through him and he looked a bit rusty and almost disinterested at times.

If I had to make a guesswork prediction, I'd say he's currently priced closer to what he'll average than looking like an underpriced bargain. The Giants have a good draw and it's entirely possible he'll be a great get, so I wouldn't try to talk anyone out of it, but on last week's game there wasn't much you could offer up in evidence to say he looks primed to be regularly going 110+ from now until season's end.

Looked set for a score in the 75-90 range until a big last quarter, he was essentially running around by himself, getting back deep in defence then creating further upfield. Not sure many sides would allow him the space he got late in the game and I would question how much his score was flattered by both that and how often the Giants kids looked for him as a calm, senior player when the game was on the line all last quarter.

Prior to that they weren't really directing play through him and he looked a bit rusty and almost disinterested at times.

If I had to make a guesswork prediction, I'd say he's currently priced closer to what he'll average than looking like an underpriced bargain. The Giants have a good draw and it's entirely possible he'll be a great get, so I wouldn't try to talk anyone out of it, but on last week's game there wasn't much you could offer up in evidence to say he looks primed to be regularly going 110+ from now until season's end.

His disposal is there, just very sloppy at the moment. Its just about when he gets going. Im getting post bye doe 500k. Seems like a good get with a huge upside.

THE RIDDLER - Haven't watched any Bombers games the last few weeks, does he pass the eye test since his return from concussion?

Seems to be scoring well enough but not huge like in the first few rounds.

THE RIDDLER - Haven't watched any Bombers games the last few weeks, does he pass the eye test since his return from concussion?

Seems to be scoring well enough but not huge like in the first few rounds.
Solid pick but those massive early season scores aren’t there due to no longer having the monopoly on kick ins. You’d want to have him if there’s any chance that reverts. Between him and Whitfield for me this week.

Solid pick but those massive early season scores aren’t there due to no longer having the monopoly on kick ins. You’d want to have him if there’s any chance that reverts. Between him and Whitfield for me this week.

Yes for the same price I would go Whitfield

It's understandable that he's rusty as he's essentially still in preseason. But the big selling point for me is his 87% TOG from last week. IIRC someone posted a couple of weeks back that his TOG was well down upon his return, like in the 70s. That increase suggests to me he's got the fitness back. And if he's got that, then it's a matter of time before the disposal cleans itself up. He's a gun and a lock to go 105+ from here imo, only downside is injury risk. Oh and maybe also Leon plonking him at full forward cos 'that's what best suits the team' :$

I’m upgrading Jiath this week and was set on Ridley but going early on Whitfield at under 2% ownership is very tempting.
The goal helps

Like Brayshaw, Maynard is fighting to keep his spot in my side post bye
Averaging 87.5 since I brought him in, it's been a ride, lots of ups and downs
He'll be OK as a s**t D6, but if I can turn him into an in form cheapo for nothing, then I'll do it
Let's see what he can do over the next 2 weeks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hurn

Just realised how tasty he is this week.
$409.8k
BE of 56
Ave of 106.4 if you take out the injury game (6)
1% of teams

Downside is round 13 Bye (I'm quite light on there)
Is he risky with his injury history ?

I might grab him for the lolz and as my D6 so me and Here2tellyouwhy can get the tissues out weekend after weekend when he tons up. :moustache:

Hurn

Just realised how tasty he is this week.
$409.8k
BE of 56
Ave of 106.4 if you take out the injury game (6)
1% of teams

Downside is round 13 Bye (I'm quite light on there)
Is he risky with his injury history ?
Yeah only knock on him is the injury history, especially since he's already missed games with a calf injury this year.

Rd11
May took 9 out of 11 kick-ins
Daniel took 3 of 9 kick-ins

Might need to re-think who makes way for Whitfield next week :think:
May didn't play on for a couple too, left at least 10 out there. That never happens, our kickin strategy is May and Salem kick it to the left side to Gawn, s**t for AFL but perfect for supercoach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back