Position 2021 Defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems Clarko is experimenting across the board lately, even Impey has been thrown around so hard to say what the future holds for CJ.

4/5 of CJ's recent scores have been 66 and under.... can you trade him now or are you hoping he can make up some of his lost cash?

I started with him and he's currently my D6, I'm 90% sold on trading him and have the cash to bring in any other premo (so don't need him to make up lost cash), but it'd suck to do that and then post-bye he starts knocking out consistent tons on the wing for the rest of the year. By that point he'd probably also be back to being a POD again. ;)

In all the low scores he's had, there's still been a couple of ~25+ point quarters in each game, then a half where the ball goes nowhere near him. Looked good breaking lines with his pace through the corridor when played on a wing, just trying to work out whether Clarko has realised he's better off trying to get the ball in his hands more often and in a more dangerous part of the ground.

But as you say, hard to guess his intentions, just hoped he might have mentioned it in the media or something solid to go off. :thumbsu:

I started with him and he's currently my D6, I'm 90% sold on trading him and have the cash to bring in any other premo (so don't need him to make up lost cash), but it'd suck to do that and then post-bye he starts knocking out consistent tons on the wing for the rest of the year. By that point he'd probably also be back to being a POD again. ;)

In all the low scores he's had, there's still been a couple of ~25+ point quarters in each game, then a half where the ball goes nowhere near him. Looked good breaking lines with his pace through the corridor when played on a wing, just trying to work out whether Clarko has realised he's better off trying to get the ball in his hands more often and in a more dangerous part of the ground.

But as you say, hard to guess his intentions, just hoped he might have mentioned it in the media or something solid to go off. :thumbsu:
I traded CJ to whitfield last week.
I think its still a good move this week.
CJ seems to have run out of puff. Move him on before he leeks more cash.

I haven't actually watched much of Houston. How have his shoulders looked in his games back? Was there any reasoning behind his poor score first game back and does he look like shoulders could pop out at any moment or does the issue seem to be in the past?

One more big whack on his bad shoulder and that will be Houston done for the season I reckon.

Too much of a risk trading him in imo.

View attachment 1149066
6 round average of 87.5. Not getting his chips anymore. Would you keep someone with this formline?
Shitley?

If you can afford to trade him, I don't see a problem with trading the scrub. Heppell and Redman taking most of the kick-ins. Ridley doesn't even call for the ball any more, he's a lockdown defender now it seems

I'm holding him in the hope that his limping at training a couple of weeks ago and strapped knee means he's been playing sore, and will be better after a break

Nope. Trading him to Whitfield at this stage.
He's a R14 body for me so he gets a stay of execution because of that but I already have enough underperforming subpremo flogs sitting around. Very keen to luxury upgrade him if I can

Shitley?

If you can afford to trade him, I don't see a problem with trading the scrub. Heppell and Redman taking most of the kick-ins. Ridley doesn't even call for the ball any more, he's a lockdown defender now it seems

I'm holding him in the hope that his limping at training a couple of weeks ago and strapped knee means he's been playing sore, and will be better after a break
I'm probably not in a position to trade him this week (mainly because of next week's dumpster fire) but his role at the moment is awful. May look around and get creative but don't think he took a single kick in last week. Losing 25 points a week

Nelso
Left field enquiry. Trent McKenzie.
It’s a small sample size but interested in his role since returning. Lock down or is it week to week dependent on opposition?
31 kicks, 2 HB in his 2 games. Took 10 marks last round, 9 intercept possessions and 5 kick ins (all played on) and 500 metres gained.
I need to flick Hunter Clark and this won’t cost me a cent more. I need to use my cash elsewhere this week.
Would end up D7 post byes.
Thoughts?

Nelso
It’s a small sample size but interested in his role since returning. Lock down or is it week to week dependent on opposition?
31 kicks, 2 HB in his 2 games. Took 10 marks last round, 9 intercept possessions and 5 kick ins (all played on) and 500 metres gained.
I need to flick Hunter Clark and this won’t cost me a cent more. I need to use my cash elsewhere this week.
Thoughts?
YEAH
What he said

I sooooooooooo want to buy the cannon.

Could be the 2021 cult hero :thumbsu:

Where's Captain Nelso and Wayno ?

Nelso
Thoughts?
McKenzie has come into the team to replace Clurey. No guarantee he will stay in the team when Clurey returns.

McKenzie is taking the 2nd tall in the forward line. He has played well in the 2 games he has been back.

Good chance he lines up against Hawkins tonight as he did well against him in the final last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can Haynes be a cheap D6, or would you only consider him as D7 cover?

Last years average was an outlier, probably put it down to the scaling, but averaged 87 the year before, which would probably be fine for D6 and $330k

Last years average was an outlier, probably put it down to the scaling, but averaged 87 the year before, which would probably be fine for D6 and $330k

In previous years 87 would be good enough for D6 down the back stretch, but this year you'd be wanting 100 or close to it from your D6 from here.

I'd say yes if it enables you to upgrade substantially somewhere else. 85/330 is 3.9k per point which is good value on paper.

But to take advantage of the lesser scores you'd have to have a like no Impey, no Heeney, no Cripp/Cerra s type team full of mids and fwds who are top of the line.

If you've got those then I just think you'll be bleeding too many points, regardless of how much value the pick provides.

What are the chances Luke McDonald gets anywhere near his role/form last year? Anyone watch the Roos game? His score wasn't great but Hall and Ziebell were both down.

What's the deal with fatty McGovern?
Seems to be scoring pretty well, saw thigh lord hurn had most of the kick-ins but gov got some too?
Will he get kick-ins?

Looking for a pod defender for under 532k, could be on any line but I want to open def mid loop.
Thinking Rich, Salem, Gov, Crisp. In order of where im ranking them

Seems to be scoring pretty well, saw thigh lord hurn had most of the kick-ins but gov got some too?
Will he get kick-ins?

Looking for a pod defender for under 532k, could be on any line but I want to open def mid loop.
I would go Rich of that lot. Or Salem

Will he get kick-ins?

No to McGovern...is probably a 80-85 range player. Rich is a solid pick I had him last year and wish I picked him as a POD again at the start of the year for 480kish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back