Position 2021 Defenders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wheres all this love coming from for Harmes?

Only one score of 100 plus last year ( 103 )

Next two highest scores are 95 and 77.
Oh you poor poor soul, imagine not starting Harmes lol. Can't believe I have to go through it again. Averaged 95 in 2019 playing midfield/hff, was moved to the backline for no apparent reason apart from Goodwin being an idiot as usual. Is confirmed to be back in that role, has been playing there in match sim and playing like his 18/19 self again. Viney, Brayshaw, Oliver all still playing round 1 but have all had their injuries and could be slightly underdone. Harmes is only 25 as well so scope for improvement too. At worst he averages 80-85 and makes a bit of cash as a stepping stone, at best he's 95-100 and a useful D6. I expect an average anywhere in the 90's. Massive POD too.

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Oh you poor poor soul, imagine not starting Harmes lol. Can't believe I have to go through it again. Averaged 95 in 2019 playing midfield/hff, was moved to the backline for no apparent reason apart from Goodwin being an idiot as usual. Is confirmed to be back in that role, has been playing there in match sim and playing like his 18/19 self again. Viney, Brayshaw, Oliver all still playing round 1 but have all had their injuries and could be slightly underdone. Harmes is only 25 as well so scope for improvement too. At worst he averages 80-85 and makes a bit of cash as a stepping stone, at best he's 95-100 and a useful D6. I expect an average anywhere in the 90's. Massive POD too.

Mate, you're going to have to go into witness protection (aka Dees team board) if Harmes spuds up.

Last edited:

Lord De Goey

All Australian
Jun 4, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
I had Brayshaw the year Harmes teared it up. Absolute lock for me this year. Found myself watching the Dees a lot because of Angus and i was very impressed with how good Harmes was. I know they're in different lines but i think he scores more than the Heppel/Hately type of players.

Young, Ash, Cumming, Markov, I think have just as much chance to average 90 as Harmes. Sure he has done it before but with two pigs with him in the midfield in Petracca & Oliver, I can't see him scoring enough to justify just picking even a 100k rookie over him and using the extra cash to upgrade elsewhere.

I'd just about put my house on Cumming and Markov not averaging anywhere ****ing near 90 ppg.

freddy mercury

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 20, 2009
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Jacksonville
Massive pod but everyone has him?

Jimmy Webster has been named in the Saints 26 man squad team to take on North in their first warm up game. I would say that he is one of maybe six players battling for a best 22 spot come Round 1.

Webster could be a tasty POD if he can build some momentum from here. Definitely worth keeping an eye on him.

d5e718775c494d9a4cca401f38a768cc.jpg

I think it all just depends on where you prioritise the cash use very hard to predict which mid price is going to kill it SuperCoach wise

Harmes is also a defender, in a line where there may not be many round one rookies and several of the hoped for's may not be named till Saturday, if at all. He fills a spot, is guaranteed best 22, and seems priced attractively on some previous form lines.

Screenshot_2021-02-22 West Coast Eagles.png

PenAndPaper

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 17, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Unlike those guys Harmes has actually done it before
Unlike those guys (except Markov), he's spent 6 years in the system and he costs 344k.

Markov is at a new club where he's more than likely brought in to play consistently so added him in.

The others are youngsters who are very possibly about to burst and are cheaper to some extent.

Just think in general across all positions there are better mid priced options than Harmes so save your money and spend it elsewhere as I don't think Harmes will go close to a 95+ average this year.

Good luck to those that pick him though.

Lord De Goey

All Australian
Jun 4, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Unlike those guys (except Markov), he's spent 6 years in the system and he costs 344k.

Markov is at a new club where he's more than likely brought in to play consistently so added him in.

The others are youngsters who are very possibly about to burst and are cheaper to some extent.

Just think in general across all positions there are better mid priced options than Harmes so save your money and spend it elsewhere as I don't think Harmes will go close to a 95+ average this year.

That's fine but you clearly didn't watch him in 2019. He only scored below 80 twice all season. Obviously role plays a big part for Harmes, but at 344k if he can consistently score above 80 and average 95 then I'm sold. I think most Harmes owners are hoping his ownership stays low though, so you do you and enjoy Markov!

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne

How do you know Markov wasn't bought in to play a lockdown role?

PenAndPaper

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 17, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
How do you know Markov wasn't bought in to play a lockdown role?
Could have been, he's one of many players I think could potentially be a better choice than Harmes in way of money management &/or points scoring.

Just think the love for Harmes is strange imo.

Like I said though good luck to the guys that are going with him.

PenAndPaper

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 17, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
That's fine but you clearly didn't watch him in 2019. He only scored below 80 twice all season. Obviously role plays a big part for Harmes, but at 344k if he can consistently score above 80 and average 95 then I'm sold. I think most Harmes owners are hoping his ownership stays low though, so you do you and enjoy Markov!
I don't have Markov, he was used as an example, but you do you and enjoy Harmes. I'd rather use my money elsewhere.

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Could have been, he's one of many players I think could potentially be a better choice than Harmes in way of money management &/or points scoring.

Just think the love for Harmes is strange imo.

Like I said though good luck to the guys that are going with him.

Personally I wouldn't pay 344k for "potential". Who else you got? Because in 4 years Markov's best average is 65 with nothing to suggest that he will breakout. At least Harmes has proven history with 95 and 84 seasons under his belt. If he gets the midfield role he had 2 years ago he's fairly safe to average 85+. I find it strange that you can't see the value in that.

I'm probably not picking Harmes either but to write off him averaging 90+ as if it's not even a possibility is a bit silly.

He was a good mid for the Dees in SC 2 years ago.

Pettracca was no where the mids 2 years ago.
Unsure if Viney was fit then.
2018 Viney only played 8 games.

Def wookies seem that thin .
That's why kents are on Wayne Harmes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back