Position 2021 Defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiath way too much risk at 400k.

I don't see him finishing top 6.

Probably not, but not impossible. Ridley burst on to the scene last year and has impressed again this year. Maybe CJ ends up as this years version of Ridley. Only his 11th AFL level game yesterday so has scope for improvement, plus has some weapons for SC scoring - intercepts, evasive skills, line breaking pace and fair DE. Also 100+k cheaper than most relevant rivals

A few of the premier defenders from last year are having lacklustre or patchy seasons. LLoyd is not taking all kick-ins in a more attacking Sydney side, Ryan interrupted preseason, Daniel possible role change, Maynard and Haynes horrible.

Probably not, but not impossible. Ridley burst on to the scene last year and has impressed again this year. Maybe CJ ends up as this years version of Ridley. Only his 11th AFL level game yesterday so has scope for improvement, plus has some weapons for SC scoring - intercepts, evasive skills, line breaking pace and fair DE. Also 100+k cheaper than most relevant rivals

A few of the premier defenders from last year are having lacklustre or patchy seasons. LLoyd is not taking all kick-ins in a more attacking Sydney side, Ryan interrupted preseason, Daniel possible role change, Maynard and Haynes horrible.

He's a super talent CJ, love watching him play.

I so wish I started him.

Damnu uncle jisk for being ballsy enough to pick him.

Yeah you make good points but personally I just prefer premiums who take kick ins like Ridley, Lloyd, Short & Bowes or guys who play midfield like Laird & Mills. Then there is Whitfield who could be anything when he returns. I don't mind spending the extra coin for a bit more of a guarantee.

Credit to those who picked CJ before price changes though - amazing outcome.

Yeah you make good points but personally I just prefer premiums who take kick ins like Ridley, Lloyd, Short & Bowes or guys who play midfield like Laird & Mills. Then there is Whitfield who could be anything when he returns. I don't mind spending the extra coin for a bit more of a guarantee.

Whitfield will be an amazing defender when his right to go

To each his own. Apart from Lloyd Daniel was the one with the consistent multi year record with kick-ins. Notice that Dawson took at least 3 kick-ins and didn’t use Lloyd with any of them. Talk about kicking a gull when he is down!

He's a super talent CJ, love watching him play.

I started him as a calculated unique risk and have watched all his games closely (gotta keep a close eye on your risky mid-pricers ;) ). Couldn't agree more, been one of the highlights of the season seeing such a raw, talented kid grow in confidence week to week. If anything, he's been a little unlucky to not be scoring even higher.

The way he's running out games at full pace better than many seniors is hopefully a great sign that he'll still be knocking out decent scores at the end of the year. Won't surprise me to see him keep it up, he's a player that goes and finds his own points and he's a difficult proposition to try and close down with that pace, run and strength.

Phillips' kicking was really spoiling the 'enjoying watching the Hawks' party, but netting serious cash to sideways him to Impey solved that problem nicely. Now I can just laugh when he shanks 1/3rd of his kicks and hits opposition players lace out on the chest with another 1/3rd. ;)

Teams figured out last year that you need to tag Daniel.
Helmet burnt me last year and aint getting a look back into my team.

When/how did he burn you? His scoring looks reasonable throughout the year - worst patch was 4 games without a ton but even then had 1x 90 2x 80s throughout that and had 3 consecutive 100 scores either side of that run.

When/how did he burn you? His scoring looks reasonable throughout the year - worst patch was 4 games without a ton but even then had 1x 90 2x 80s throughout that and had 3 consecutive 100 scores either side of that run.
Had him all of 2019 and enjoyed the ride. 2020 was meant to be premium chip hunting, but he didn't get the job done to the level that justified his price. Cant remember now who I traded him for.

Jiath way too much risk at 400k.

I don't see him finishing top 6.
You do realise in the history of SC no one has EVER ended up with the highest averaging player in all positions
What's relevant is the points they score for you

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who's intrigued by Houli?

First game and didn't miss a beat, 26 touches, 11 marks on return.

$465k, new rules and longer quarters is his game to a tee.

He'll score pretty well I suspect, but he's gotta be an injury/rested risk, I wouldn't touch at that price, personally. Not a lot of upside with price/average score there to compensate for the risk.

Also depends on if you have Short and how many others you have/want who share the same bye.

You do realise in the history of SC no one has EVER ended up with the highest averaging player in all positions
What's relevant is the points they score for you

Yeah of course and some of the "elite" guys I target won't actually finish top 6.

I just find aiming for the best instead of making compromised choices tends to result in less mistakes. That's my experience anyway.

Yeah of course and some of the "elite" guys I target won't actually finish top 6.

I just find aiming for the best instead of making compromised choices tends to result in less mistakes. That's my experience anyway.
Combine cash and points and trades and somewhere in there is the right recipe

Sadly only one person each year finds it

What's Tom Stewart gotta do to get some Ridley KOTD treatment? Kent should be averaging 110+ easy.
He's not catching enough contested marks. Specifically remember one near the finish of Cats vs Lions. He could have iced it by marking it, and it was probably worth 20 points given the state of the match. Saw a few missed on the weekend, but I was mainly watching the Blues match. I recall he seemed to be robbed in the Cats Hawks match. CD make the rules and do the scoring! Too complicated for us plebs!

Lever is the guy that's catching them, hence his good scoring at present.

Daniel and Lloyd are missing the lippy at the moment. Lloyd losing 5% of his score after the siren is not a normal occurrence.

A lot of uncritical love for "Wunderkind" Bowes. Seems very vanilla to me and not a great defender. Although he gets lots of kicks, not many are laser-guided. It's not as if he has a documented record of excellence.

Disclaimer: I've been an owner for a couple of weeks so I'm not narking out of jealousy.

Who's intrigued by Houli?

First game and didn't miss a beat, 26 touches, 11 marks on return.

$465k, new rules and longer quarters is his game to a tee.

Injury History.

Don't know if trust him to play out the year.

He seems to score well in odd years .(2021 )105 avg in 2019.93 avg in 2017.

He's a option on the cheap .

Helment aswell.will be 430/440k.

Darcy Moore about the same price .
Prob the best key back in the AFL right now.

A lot of uncritical love for "Wunderkind" Bowes. Seems very vanilla to me and not a great defender. Although he gets lots of kicks, not many are laser-guided. It's not as if he has a documented record of excellence.

Disclaimer: I've been an owner for a couple of weeks so I'm not narking out of jealousy.

Bowes reminds me a bit of Docherty, as in he's probably a slightly better AF/DT player than SC but that doesn't mean he can't/won't go 105-110+ in SC. He's still relatively young (5th season) and has a bit more improvement in him before he fully breaks out. I've got him in the other 2 formats and would have also traded him into my SC by now if I had the available funds.

What's Tom Stewart gotta do to get some Ridley KOTD treatment? Kent should be averaging 110+ easy.

The main difference in their scoring in the kick outs really.

Tom just has to stop being a lazy campaigner and run faster to get the kickouts.

Although he hasn't been that bad. I still expect him to average around 100-105 which is what I paid for.

Tom just has to stop being a lazy campaigner and run faster to get the kickouts.

Although he hasn't been that bad. I still expect him to average around 100-105 which is what I paid for.
It's funny you say this, as I noticed on Thursday night a couple of time Ridley sprinting from just inside the 50m line back to the goal square to take the kick-in.

It's funny you say this, as I noticed on Thursday night a couple of time Ridley sprinting from just inside the 50m line back to the goal square to take the kick-in.

Ridley definitely has himself captain in his own SC team

Takes majority of Geelong's kickouts. Henderson does steal a few though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back