Position 2021 Defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ash or Cumming are better SC prospects than Young, just sayin

Ownership % will skyrocket if either have solid preseason matches

Lachie Ash is a jet, future captain.

I've genuinely never understood why everyone seems to rate Isaac Cumming so highly. I've never seen him show anything at AFL level despite being given several chances to do so, he's lucky to still be on a list IMO.

Ash on the other hand I think will be good, but I'd still go Hayden Young over him if I was picking between the two, especially as Young is cheaper.

I've genuinely never understood why everyone seems to rate Isaac Cumming so highly. I've never seen him show anything at AFL level despite being given several chances to do so, he's lucky to still be on a list IMO.

Ash on the other hand I think will be good, but I'd still go Hayden Young over him if I was picking between the two, especially as Young is cheaper.
Agreed
Cumming has sucked people in about 3 times now
It’s glorious to watch

Agreed
Cumming has sucked people in about 3 times now
It’s glorious to watch
Surely you understand that it's a bit hard to break into a side that is playing finals every year, making prelims and a grand final, that genuinely believes they're close to a flag, with guys like Haynes, Shaw, Whitfield and Zilliams in front of him. He's 22 years old lol. 2/4 of those guys have left, Whitfield is out for half the season. Then there's Corr who is also gone, who played 15/17 games last year.

Cumming went at pick 20 in the draft, Ridley was pick 22. Look what Ridley did when given a chance. Ridley never scored above 80 before last season, Cumming has scored 90+ twice.

Of course I'm not saying he's a must-have, that he'll ever be a SC ultra premo, or that everybody should start him (he's a long way away from my side right now), it just makes zero sense to judge him off what you've seen so far.

Surely you understand that it's a bit hard to break into a side that is playing finals every year, making prelims and a grand final, that genuinely believes they're close to a flag, with guys like Haynes, Shaw, Whitfield and Zilliams in front of him. He's 22 years old lol. 2/4 of those guys have left, Whitfield is out for half the season. Then there's Corr who is also gone, who played 15/17 games last year.

Cumming went at pick 20 in the draft, Ridley was pick 22. Look what Ridley did when given a chance. Ridley never scored above 80 before last season, Cumming has scored 90+ twice.

Of course I'm not saying he's a must-have, that he'll ever be a SC ultra premo, or that everybody should start him (he's a long way away from my side right now), it just makes zero sense to judge him off what you've seen so far.

4390B606-930C-4835-A408-5B6E06CAC041.gif

And with that, Cumming goes into the 7,000th iteration of my defence 😂

All fair points but every opportunity he has had so far he has promised plenty and delivered zilch consistency

might have the attributes but hasn’t put it together yet

Ash the best prospect in that backline

So have people gone off Milera now?
Looking like a few cheap rookies are popping up, might not need the mid-pricers. Lots of great looking premo defenders that I'd prefer to lock in. If I'm forced to get mid-pricers down back, Milera, right now, is my first choice.

Prefer the expensive cash cows/stepping stones like Ziebell, Daniher, Impey, etc with a bunch of premos and cheap rooks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2019 he averaged 95 playing as a mid.

Is playing as a mid again this year.
Still much better options than a 344k player to possibly average 90 odd.

Also if you have Denver Grainger Barrass in your team, i'd be taking him out. Will more than likely be a downgrade option later in the season if anything.

Still much better options than a 344k player to possibly average 90 odd.

Also if you have Denver Grainger Barrass in your team, i'd be taking him out. Will more than likely be a downgrade option later in the season if anything.

At that price who?

Whats changed? I had a look at his stats before. Could be on my watchlist.

What's changed?

Harmes played as a defender last year and didn't do well playing there.

So now he is going back to playing as a mid this year where he averaged 95 in 2019.

At his price he is worth a punt at D4.

At that price who?
Young, Ash, Cumming, Markov, I think have just as much chance to average 90 as Harmes. Sure he has done it before but with two pigs with him in the midfield in Petracca & Oliver, I can't see him scoring enough to justify just picking even a 100k rookie over him and using the extra cash to upgrade elsewhere.

Young, Ash, Cumming, Markov, I think have just as much chance to average 90 as Harmes. Sure he has done it before but with two pigs with him in the midfield in Petracca & Oliver, I can't see him scoring enough to justify just picking even a 100k rookie over him and using the extra cash to upgrade elsewhere.

Cant see any of those guys averaging 90 plus imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back