Position 2021 Defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, I want Hunter Clark in my team, but he just doesn't quite fit.

McDonald's formline is at least his most recent 10 games lol.

A lot different to expect him to continue that, than to expect a bloke to return to his best scoring after 3 seasons, including 1 where he didn't play a game.

I would think it would be much easier for a career 60-70 guy to average 87 again (even after 3 years) than a career 60-70 guy to average 118 again. (even though that was recent) Anyway, one costs twice as much as the other and I'm not expecting 100+ from Webster.

1614817197799.png

(Cox in the forward line for the DEF/FWD link)

giphy.gif

Are you expecting Worrell to play?
Yep. But if he doesn't, I'll take him as my loophole donut and swingman with Cox. I expect him to get games, just might not be until round 2-6

I would think it would be much easier for a career 60-70 guy to average 87 again (even after 3 years) than a career 60-70 guy to average 118 again. (even though that was recent) Anyway, one costs twice as much as the other and I'm not expecting 100+ from Webster.
What’s with the fuss about with Webster is it job security?

and Markov is a hack who's JS is even shakier.

Regarding Docherty, you're basing that assumption on a few games from last season when he still was not at his best, undertandably after 2 years off. There are also other players worth tagging in the Blues defence now in Saad and ZW when he plays there, so there's less chance he is tagged this year.

I don't get the feeling that Markov's job security is shaky. I'm seriously tempted to be honest. If you watch the practice match vs the Brions, he's taking kickouts and also being unleashed to take the ball from HB with pace into the middle and then pumping inside 50. Doubt he doesn't figure in their best 22

Nah, he's the 'biggest trap ever'. Avoid lol. Ten games at 118 means eff all apparently

Speaking of purple patches, there was a defender that was averaging 110 after 10 Rounds last year who actually had a solid scoring history before that splendid run and not a single person on this thread has picked him in their team this year, even though he's priced at 98. It's interesting how we gravitate towards players who ended a season well, as opposed to those who started a season well when there's no hard data (that I know of) that says it makes any difference.

110.JPG

I don't get the feeling that Markov's job security is shaky. I'm seriously tempted to be honest. If you watch the practice match vs the Brions, he's taking kickouts and also being unleashed to take the ball from HB with pace into the middle and then pumping inside 50. Doubt he doesn't figure in their best 22

If you rate him as highly as you say, then you should definitely start with him. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. But if he doesn't, I'll take him as my loophole donut and swingman with Cox. I expect him to get games, just might not be until round 2-6

Another D/F doughnut swing that nobody has mentioned yet is Eyre 117k who would be the ideal doughnut at the opposite end to Cox since both play for the Bombers.

Speaking of purple patches, there was a defender that was averaging 110 after 10 Rounds last year who actually had a solid scoring history before that splendid run and not a single person on this thread has picked him in their team this year, even though he's priced at 98. It's interesting how we gravitate towards players who ended a season well, as opposed to those who started a season well when there's no hard data (that I know of) that says it makes any difference.

View attachment 1069730
Decent history but not amazing. No other season above 87 average. Would be a decent pick, but there's soooooooooo many good options down back. No Hayne Plane for me

Think a lot will run a DEF/xxx floating donut.
DEF/MID might be more likely (Laird flex), but Worrell would be OK and (I thought potentially a chance to get a few games at some stage, I thought they rated him a bit (?)

Another D/F doughnut swing that nobody has mentioned yet is Eyre 117k who would be the ideal doughnut at the opposite end to Cox since both play for the Bombers.
Yeah nice, he looks like a good option. I'll consider him.

I firmly believe Worrell will get a run at it though, so always handy to start with the donut loophole, then they can make some money later. After round 4/5/6 you'll always have a rookie dropped or an injury to work as a donut for loophole

Think a lot will run a DEF/xxx floating donut.
DEF/MID might be more likely (Laird flex), but Worrell would be OK and (I thought potentially a chance to get a few games at some stage, I thought they rated him a bit (?)
That's a positive for me. He is rated highly and will get a decent crack at some stage (I actually think he's a red hot crack for round 1, despite Wayne being adamant he isn't)

So yeah, loophole early, then he comes in and makes money. Always going to get a dropped/injured rookie somewhere along the way to cover the donut for loophole

Wouldn't there be more value in the MID/DEF swing? Don't see a heap of values in swinging Cox back and forth.
Edit: Hooley Dooley, that came out wrong lol

That's a positive for me. He is rated highly and will get a decent crack at some stage (I actually think he's a red hot crack for round 1, despite Wayne being adamant he isn't)

So yeah, loophole early, then he comes in and makes money. Always going to get a dropped/injured rookie somewhere along the way to cover the donut for loophole
Yeah, I don't value the DEF/FWD swing pair with Cox much, but agree on Worrell, makes sense :thumbsu:

View attachment 1069730
I think his role changed after his mate went down with injury similar to Maynard with howe

Wouldn't there be more value in the MID/DEF swing? Don't see a heap of values in swinging Cox back and forth.
Edit: Hooley Dooley, that came out wrong lol

If you have the Cox/Eyre D/F swing, you could potentially loop the best score out of your Def E & Fwd E in Rds were those players play before Essendon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back