Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 3, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Yep, Birchall. A very similar type of player and size to Ridley. Obviously not at Ridley's level, but was a very good player back in the day and played a similar role to Ridley.
That Hawks team was full of stars though. Essendon are poo. Ridley is already better than Hird. All the points are his for the taking.

Sep 9, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Really don't want to trade him but this is exactly why most of us started him and is very concerning if you're holding him.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
Think the Taylor out is bigger for geelong then we think
Yes blics has gone back but it’s thrown out the defensive/offensive mix

stewart has been visibly more accountable this year
For some reason Henderson has been taking hit outs too

It’s frustrating but he’s still a hold. Will still average 100 imo

Think they’ll switch attacking gears when Cameron and danger get back in and it should benefit Stewart to be more attacking

Last edited:
Think the Taylor out is bigger for geelong then we think
Yes blics has gone back but it’s thrown out the defensive/offensive mix

stewart has been visibly more accountable this year
For some reason Henderson has been taking hit outs too

It’s frustrating but he’s still a hold. Will still average 100 imo
It’ll turn when they get the mix right again with all personal back.
think they’ll switch attacking gears when Cameron and danger get back in and it should benefit Stewart to be more attacking

yep, you have to think the game plan is going to change. Beaten be Adl, should have lost to Bris and were lucky Hawks weren't a bit more composed.

That Hawks team was full of stars though. Essendon are poo. Ridley is already better than Hird. All the points are his for the taking.
Careful, that's like saying Hurn's thighs aren't noteworthy...

Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Rams, 76's, Brewers
Hard to get a gauge on Steven May.
Melbourne have only had 19 kick ins for the entire season. May has taken 13 and played on in all. Giants only kicked the 2 behinds. Do we know roughly what CD are scoring for a play on, 55 metre clearing kick?

Feb 2, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Melbourne have only had 19 kick ins for the entire season. May has taken 13 and played on in all. Giants only kicked the 2 behinds. Do we know roughly what CD are scoring for a play on, 55 metre clearing kick?

Things will balance out over the course of the year mate. I’m a May owner and it was frustrating as s**t seeing the Giants kick only 2 points. So much easy points going down the drain. I know he’ll have his turn at some stage though.
I’d assume it would be 4 points mate for an effective kick. So if you give him the same opportunity Ridley has had, 17x4 = 68 so May would be averaging 115+

Petrify

Premiership Player
Mar 1, 2021
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
GWS Giants

Yeah I own May & the Giants game drove me nuts. He probably scores 100+ if the giants actually kicked some behinds

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United, All Blacks
Ridley 30 kicks outs x 4 points for an effective kick = 120 points he’s got over just 3 games. Without them he’s averaging just 96. Incredible really.
Wonder if CD will adjust the scoring from kick outs next year? Might score it like a short kick or something (+2 points I think).

HTPunter

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Ridley is obviously a gun but his SC score is definitely going to be inflated for actual impact/performance based on kick-ins. As with most defenders playing on from kick-ins. Bit silly from CD but plenty of people on here have gone the right way from loading up on defensive premos or even mid pricers. I think I'm 1 short with the way it's worked out with def rookies but pretty happy with Ridley, figure he'll get near 40ish free points a game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feb 2, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Wonder if CD will adjust the scoring from kick outs next year? Might score it like a short kick or something (+2 points I think).

They have to. It’s an absolute disgrace to the SC fanatics who’ve stuck with this game for a decade just to come to the current game where Jack Ziebell can score 155 in a 130 point loss with half his points as a result of kick outs and dinky 1-2 kicks. His game had zero bearing on the result, CLEARLY. He could’ve sat on the bench, as much was his output.

They have to change it next year, absolute must.

Sep 3, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
They have to. It’s an absolute disgrace to the SC fanatics who’ve stuck with this game for a decade just to come to the current game where Jack Ziebell can score 155 in a 130 point loss with half his points as a result of kick outs and dinky 1-2 kicks. His game had zero bearing on the result, CLEARLY. He could’ve sat on the bench, as much was his output.

They have to change it next year, absolute must.
Wont happen.

I like how they reckon the algorithm hasnt changed since 2015 :rainbow:

Anyone interested in Rich. Thought he looked fantastic against my pies. Going to be a headache deciding on Hurn, Bowes and Rich this week.
Under the radar this one. He has one of the best left pegs in the game. Was massive against the Pies. Scored 122 but thought it was a 140+ watching at the game. A real nice POD.

What do people think of Burgess as a rookie defender at D6?
Will be watching closely v Carlton. Wait till next week to make that call.

Lord De Goey

All Australian
Jun 4, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Under the radar this one. He has one of the best left pegs in the game. Was massive against the Pies. Scored 122 but thought it was a 140+ watching at the game. A real nice POD.
I was at the game too. I'm shocked he could play that well and not get 150+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back