Position 2021 Defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always a reality check with SC when, for example, Jake Lloyd is a SC gun yet half our board want him dropped and/or traded.

No wonder I suck at this game, it makes no sense.
Not gonna lie. I've been wondering what his value to the Swans is for quite some time. Never seems accountable as a defender and just chips it sideways and backwards. Have wondered how he gets a game while the Swans have been ordinary the last few years.

I just read this on the Swans Board - "Lloyd out, play Ling." Don't ever change Bigfooty. 😂

Yeah thats a bit much, he was ******* terrible though tbf. Tonned up in SC though somehow.

Thoughts Houston likely top 8 defender?
Gun. Seagulls at half back and he can win the ball in the middle when he's getting CBA's. Locked for ~100 average and can go very big

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Justin Leppitsch on Carlton: "They're very one-on-one. They don't have a spare behind the footy. You see Saad get exposed one-on-one a lot. "Melbourne have Lever half-playing on a smaller opponent and zoning off. That's something a guy like Liam Jones could do really well."

Hard to say no to that kind of value this early in a season. I might just perma-move Lairdy to the mids and get both Daniel and May to complete my Def. Makes more sense to me to use the $ from 2 rookie downgrades on 2 Premo Defs than on 1 Mid SP
May - his scoring in the second half of last year is the only time he has scored at a premium level - is there a good case for thinking he’s likely to score at D5-6 level this year?

May - his scoring in the second half of last year is the only time he has scored at a premium level - is there a good case for thinking he’s likely to score at D5-6 level this year?
No .... evidence is that the scoring will be predominantly leaning towards Lever

Taking kick outs and intercepting just as well as Lever.
I'm not expecting 100+ every week, but a low base of 85-90 with a sprinkle of 100+ games throughout screams value at under $400k
Easiest straight swap from Chapman up

I'm not expecting 100+ every week, but a low base of 85-90 with a sprinkle of 100+ games throughout screams value at under $400k
If the injuries carry on like the first 6 rounds for the rest of the year there will be very few teams completed.

May is a bargain @ 380-390k and too good to miss imo.

If the injuries carry on like the first 6 rounds for the rest of the year there will be very few teams completed.

May is a bargain @ 380-390k and too good to miss imo.
Agreed. If not next week, the week after he'll still be very gettable (when Kozi maxes out after the 100 disappears).
Operation get the rookies off field, then upgrade your D6/M8/F6 later

Agree with that.
Even the 78 round 3 reads OK. Only 2 kick ins for the entire team and 3FA.
He’s taking 60% of all kick ins and I think a 90-95 ave is almost guaranteed.
98% TOG in his 4 full games means his snout isn’t far from the points trough at all times

Last edited:
Agreed. If not next week, the week after he'll still be very gettable (when Kozi maxes out after the 100 disappears).
Operation get the rookies off field, then upgrade your D6/M8/F6 later
Yep I'm planning on grabbing every bargain I can and hopefully one more SP mid. I've missed a lot of the carnage and will still be down to 21 trades after getting May with 5/7 upgrades left depending on if Ziegull and Impey last.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back