Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 6, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Timberwolves
Agree

May, Heeney, Dusty at heavily discounted prices are a must this year. Need to position trades to be able to pounce once at rock bottom

CJ at 440k this week is also a tempting option

Personally, I don't like Heeney at all. Plays too much forward and always find dumb ways to hurt himself at 385k ish so hard to say no though..

May is a massive yes for me. got cash in bank so straight swap for chappy. I sure as hell won't pass up a 95 avg for under $400k. Same with Heeney when the time is right.

Yes to May this week or next week?
Next week. Issues a plenty this week. There's a slim chance that if Chappy and Rowe do well this week and May and Heeney eek out 80-90 scores that I can swap Rowe and Chappy to May and Heeney next week. Otherwise it's just one at a time.

Fisheroo

Senior List
Mar 9, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'll grab one of Rids,Houston,May or Helmet next week.

Pending wookies , BEs etc.

Agree with everything being said about May, such a bargain under $400K.
Problem I have is no Ridler.. would you still prioritise May over Ridley at $530ish in this situation?
Screenshot_20210501-003326_Samsung Internet.jpg

Jun 29, 2006
Nthn Beaches
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
BBGFC and LRGC
Mills Report.
Sneaking under the radar right now. Pried very well...still $20K cheaper than Rnd 1 and going at 111 avge.

End of Rnd 6 he's been the #1 def.
So the best def by Rnd 6 this season is right now priced at #9 def.
Also he's perhaps the most resilient choice on the board other than maybe Gull.

Big news is last weeks game was confirmation that if he goes back to a def role he could actually score even better....he was shifted back during the game and scored very well in both roles.
Plus showed he can still score well in losses (which Syd may have plenty of from here on).

So gametime mid/def isnt a concern, nor is win/loss, nor is he an injury risk. I'm sold. Start of season i thought he was overpriced and speculated that he would likely score less in his first season in midfield. Wrong.

crippler9

Club Legend
Jun 9, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
Mills Report.
Sneaking under the radar right now. Pried very well...still $20K cheaper than Rnd 1 and going at 111 avge.

Big news is last weeks game was confirmation that if he goes back to a def role he could actually score even better....he was shifted back during the game and scored very well in both roles.
Plus showed he can still score well in losses (which Syd may have plenty of from here on).

So gametime mid/def isnt a concern, nor is win/loss, nor is he an injury risk. I'm sold. Start of season i thought he was overpriced and speculated that he would likely score less in his first season in midfield. Wrong.
My opinion he scores better playing in defence

Feb 18, 2017
Wurundjeri Land
AFL Club
Richmond
Do we like Steven May for under 400k next week? Pro vs Con. Discuss.

Pro - Don't have to field another gimp Rookie. Plays for a finals contender. Does free points for kick-ins.

Con - Never average 100 in a season. Tend to be injury prone (only last year he got through that unscathed)

Can he average 95ish from here forth?
I’d pretty much decided to get May until I watched Caleb Daniel last night. Now I’m feeling a bit torn on which to get.

Feb 18, 2017
Wurundjeri Land
AFL Club
Richmond
Mills Report.

So many good backline options this year.

I have five backline primos and I still don’t have Mills or Lloyd, or in the bargain category Caleb Daniel or May.

The temptation is strong to move Laird into the midfield so I can fit two of these picks into my back line.

timtimtim

Club Legend
Feb 27, 2021
AFL Club
Essendon
Mills Report.

Im afraid his ability to play multiple positions may see his score fluctuate

Top Def title a bit misleading because Ridley didn’t play last week. Also take out the 150 in R1 and only 2 tons in past 5 matches

In fact his last 5 rd average is 12th highest

Jun 29, 2006
Nthn Beaches
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
BBGFC and LRGC
Im afraid his ability to play multiple positions may see his score fluctuate

Top Def title a bit misleading because Ridley didn’t play last week. Also take out the 150 in R1 and only 2 tons in past 5 matches

In fact his last 5 rd average is 12th highest
Its not misleading in the slightest.
The only thing that ever matters is how many points they score and hence how many you score.

There are no prizes for best average or which round they scored well.

Mills and Stewart the top 2 defs up till Rnd 6.

Feb 18, 2017
Wurundjeri Land
AFL Club
Richmond
Very worried about Dan Houston.

Injued his shoulder, scored a 40. Played last week and got 100. Was on 27 part way through the first quarter this week and ended up struggling to 54.

Read up on the Port board and there are four or five comments about him playing injured, including: “Houston shouldn't play until he can tackle and put his arms above his head, especially if you're going to play him on the ball against a very aggressive Lions outfit.”

Now is a terrible time of year to sideways primos, especially when they’ve already shed cash, but having DH as a POD in the backline has the potential to derail the season if he posts anymore 50s, with lots of other backline primos scoring 105-110.

Thoughts?

I could probably trade Houston down to May, and use the money from that and cash in bank to take another rookie up to Caleb Daniel, switching Laird to the midfield. Seems a bit of a desperate move …

5ammy

Club Legend
Jun 16, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Very worried about Dan Houston.

Injued his shoulder, scored a 40. Played last week and got 100. Was on 27 part way through the first quarter this week and ended up struggling to 54.

Read up on the Port board and there are four or five comments about him playing injured, including: “Houston shouldn't play until he can tackle and put his arms above his head, especially if you're going to play him on the ball against a very aggressive Lions outfit.”

Now is a terrible time of year to sideways primos, especially when they’ve already shed cash, but having DH as a POD in the backline has the potential to derail the season if he posts anymore 50s, with lots of other backline primos scoring 105-110.

Thoughts?

I could probably trade Houston down to May, and use the money from that and cash in bank to take another rookie up to Caleb Daniel, switching Laird to the midfield. Seems a bit of a desperate move …
I didn’t watch the game last night but was shocked when I saw his score, he’s been pretty good so far this year.

Still had 3 tackles so hopefully his shoulder is OK, maybe just an off night like the rest of the team?

Feb 18, 2017
Wurundjeri Land
AFL Club
Richmond
I didn’t watch the game last night but was shocked when I saw his score, he’s been pretty good so far this year.

Still had 3 tackles so hopefully his shoulder is OK, maybe just an off night like the rest of the team?
Unfortunately I didn’t get to see the game either. The comments on the Port board don’t inspire much confidence, but having said that it didn’t sound like many of them had a clear idea of why their team capitulated so completely.

I can cut Houston and one rookie and bring in May and Daniel in the backline.

Or I can cut two rookies and bring in Fredrick or Murphy and a proper primo like Oliver in the midfield.

Going to be a tough decision unless we get more news during the week.

Borgan

All Australian
Mar 20, 2014
Wollongong
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
New York Kicks
reckon helmet at 415k is almost a must have? might have to bring in him and may for chappy and gulden via laird, then ive got a 'completed' backline. Tex might be a more urgent trade though

reckon helmet at 415k is almost a must have? might have to bring in him and may for chappy and gulden via laird, then ive got a 'completed' backline. Tex might be a more urgent trade though
Great pick at his price, but I wouldn't say he's a must have. BE will be 40-50, so even with another big score, he'll still be under $450k, which is still ~$100k less than his starting price.

I have Tex as well and I think he has to go, major priority. Port, Eagles, Dees and Tigers in his next 4, he could be $300k after that run.

Borgan

All Australian
Mar 20, 2014
Wollongong
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
New York Kicks
Great pick at his price, but I wouldn't say he's a must have. BE will be 40-50, so even with another big score, he'll still be under $450k, which is still ~$100k less than his starting price.

I have Tex as well and I think he has to go, major priority. Port, Eagles, Dees and Tigers in his next 4, he could be $300k after that run.
what do you think of may vs helmet then if you can only get 1? and then tex to bolton?

what do you think of may vs helmet then if you can only get 1? and then tex to bolton?
See how May goes today, but Daniel probably has a higher ceiling
Those trades look fine, as long as you're happy to skip a Murphy/Frederick type for cash gen

crippler9

Club Legend
Jun 9, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
Problem with Bolton is Prestia and Martin weren’t playing. This game within a game we all play a bit like inception 😂 is so *ing frustrating and fun 🤷‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back