Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
5. Taylor Adams
4. Darcy Moore
3. Scott Pendlebury
2. Jack Crisp
1. Jordan de Goey

5: Adams - a real inspirational performance from the captain-in-waiting. Great passes to our forwards, crunching tackles and a brilliant goal.
4: Moore - had the best old fashioned KPF/KPD battle I've seen in years with Mackay. His opponent kicked 4 and he was still damn near BOG, his marking, intercepting and rebounding were that good.
3: Crisp - kept getting better the longer the game went (minus the brain fade that gave Carlton their last chance). Enormous run and carry for the team.
2: De Goey - blew the game open in the first half.
1: Pendles - harsh to only get 1 vote but he did make a bad error. So that's his quota for the year, then.

Mentions to Grundy and Noble.

I'm happy to do the tallying up and leaderboard duties again this year, but as with any luck I'll always be at the games it'd be good for someone else to start the voting thread each week.

Aug 3, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Liverpool
5. Moore - despite giving up a couple of goals that he shouldn't have, he had 18 intercept possessions. Straight up insane.
4. Adams - huge bounce back game from him. Harsh to not get full votes but he had a few costly turnovers. Still dominated.
3. Pendles - was classy all night bar one or two mistakes. Still one of the best mids in the comp, and went up forward and organised us nicely when we were struggling.
2. De Goey - livewire up forward who could've had a couple more. Sensational 100th game.
1. Crisp - can't believe how much of the footy he ended up getting. His connection with Grundy's hitouts might be our best, which is weird because he probably has the least mid experience. Hope to see him in the middle more.

HM: Elliott (would likely have had votes if he didn't go down), Daicos, Grundy, Noble

5 Adams
4 Moore
3 De Goey
2 Crisp
1 Noble

Special mention to Sidebottom who, while a bit rusty, showed yet again how important he is to us
I know we shouldn’t use this thread as a forum of discussion but I need to say big tick for how Sidebottom was utilised last night. We need some creativity and drive from half forward and he seemed to be starting there and providing it, particularly in the first half (to my eye anyway, someone at the ground might’ve had better visibility). Big tick for that ✅

rand corp

Premiership Player
Oct 5, 2004
asia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
5 Adams
4 Grundy
3 Crisp
2 Moore
1 Pendles

Jordy, Noble, Howe, IQ also very good and close to the votes

I know we shouldn’t use this thread as a forum of discussion but I need to say big tick for how Sidebottom was utilised last night. We need some creativity and drive from half forward and he seemed to be starting there and providing it, particularly in the first half (to my eye anyway, someone at the ground might’ve had better visibility). Big tick for that
Broke quite a few tackles and showed a lot of composure we had been lacking.

Back