Strategy 2021 Draft and Hypothetical pick trade proposals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol seriously can we just have a ban on posting things ol clickbait Kornes says…

none of it is interesting and it’s all designed to just stir people up.

Hodgey wants a new rule! Hodgey gets a new rule.

No more clickbait s**t from Cornes in here.

Also:
Can we also threadban Rendell quotes. The bloke is senile.
Done ✔️

If Sinn has put on 19kg in the last 24 months, surely he sees himself as an inside/outside mid. He's sacrificed speed off the half back by gaining this weight, to just get bigger. Reckon he's worth piling up 21 + 24 into say a pick 14 for him, he could be a star.

If Sinn has put on 19kg in the last 24 months, surely he sees himself as an inside/outside mid. He's sacrificed speed off the half back by gaining this weight, to just get bigger. Reckon he's worth piling up 21 + 24 into say a pick 14 for him, he could be a star.
Not Sinn
Darcy put on 19KG

Sinn 6KG

New road to the draft podcast had some interesting comments. Twomey said he is getting the feeling from clubs that GWS now take Callaghan and that Gold Coast could lean towards Andrew if he is there. With Hawthorn he suggested the talk is midfielder with Matt Johnson still being mentioned in that Hawthorn have done plenty of work on him. Ward also the other spoken about

This is what I have suspected for some time now - GWS intending to take Callahan all along but happy to consider any stupid offers for shits and giggles

If someone Sinn's height put on 19kg I'd be worried

This is what I have suspected for some time now - GWS intending to take Callahan all along but happy to consider any stupid offers for shits and giggles
Time and place to take fit > best available

But when there is a clear stand out I think you always need to go for it

Sinn put on 6 kg this year but there’s a article about him putting on 13kg in 6 months that came out at the start of this year. Hence where the 19 kg came from
I would be rather surprised if that is true… assuming he is still carrying very little fat like most endurance athletes that is almost impossible

Sinn put on 6 kg this year but there’s a article about him putting on 13kg in 6 months that came out at the start of this year. Hence where the 19 kg came from
I get there may be an article

But Sinn wasnt lighter then Day (70KGs when drafted) in April

New road to the draft podcast had some interesting comments. Twomey said he is getting the feeling from clubs that GWS now take Callaghan and that Gold Coast could lean towards Andrew if he is there. With Hawthorn he suggested the talk is midfielder with Matt Johnson still being mentioned in that Hawthorn have done plenty of work on him. Ward also the other spoken about
They wonder why they can’t win a flag. We have 3 mids we can’t fit in already. Better grab another one and keep our shitty forward line as is.

They wonder why they can’t win a flag. We have 3 mids we can’t fit in already. Better grab another one and keep our shitty forward line as is.
I mean if there was a ready made forward/ruck available that is near the same potential I am sure they would take them.

But passing on someone like Finn for a worse prospect isn’t going to bring them closer to a premiership

If Sinn is now around 87/88kg, he probably was around 70kg at the end of 2019. That's very impressive for a kid who has put this muscle on without being in a AFL environment. Also shows that Day should be able to get to around 86-90 as he is taller, if he wants to play midfield.

If Sinn is now around 87/88kg, he probably was around 70kg at the end of 2019. That's very impressive for a kid who has put this muscle on without being in a AFL environment. Also shows that Day should be able to get to around 86-90 as he is taller, if he wants to play midfield.
Sinn is like 77/78 according to HS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sinn was very light on 2 years ago from the videos. Add in he’s probably grown taller which would have added weight. Plus from 16-18 it would be pretty easy for him to put weight on if he focused on it.

Sinn was very light on 2 years ago from the videos. Add in he’s probably grown taller which would have added weight. Plus from 16-18 it would be pretty easy for him to put weight on if he focused on it.
All these things are true, but 19kg of almost pure muscle ain't happening.

All these things are true, but 19kg of almost pure muscle ain't happening.
I don’t think it’s pure muscle either and I don’t think anyone has suggested it. Just that he’s put on 19 kg.

If anything it’s more concerning to me as it’s going to drastically change the way he originally played. I can’t see him having the same acceleration or top speed which were his two biggest weapons.

I think the fact we were trying to trade up to 13(15) from GWS during trade week will come back around again. There's obviously a player we like in that region of the draft.

I think the fact we were trying to trade up to 13(15) from GWS during trade week will come back around again. There's obviously a player we like in that region of the draft.
With the reported interest of GWS with Howes (who is considered a 20ish pick at the moment).

Maybe the Hawks and GWS can do picks swap.

Hawks will get pick 13 , GWS will get one of our 2nd round pick plus more to even up the trade.

I would be rather surprised if that is true… assuming he is still carrying very little fat like most endurance athletes that is almost impossible

It's probably not 19kg in total but never underestimate the type of changes a body can go through between 17-18. Tim English grew 20cm over the course of a year prior to being drafted.

If someone at 17 is working out diligently the combination of hormones, natural development and gym work can have big changes pretty quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back