Strategy 2021 Draft and Hypothetical pick trade proposals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol seriously can we just have a ban on posting things ol clickbait Kornes says…

none of it is interesting and it’s all designed to just stir people up.

Hodgey wants a new rule! Hodgey gets a new rule.

No more clickbait s**t from Cornes in here.

Also:
Can we also threadban Rendell quotes. The bloke is senile.
Done ✔️

I know he's probably going to be a great player but I don't see it as 2 firsts for a second back good. Massive gamble for one kid.
Clubs clearly think he’s worth it. I’d be alarmed if we were the sole club wanting him badly, but we’re one of at least 4 clubs.

Clubs clearly think he’s worth it. I’d be alarmed if we were the sole club wanting him badly, but we’re one of at least 4 clubs.
His exponential growth in height, speed, ability to weave through congestion and ability to move inside and rack 30 possies a game is impressive.

If he is 191cm, still growing and can run a 11.3s 100 and 6.10 2km he is gonna be a star.

Would we do pick 5, 23 and a swap of future firsts, in return for him?

His exponential growth in height, speed, ability to weave through congestion and ability to move inside and rack 30 possies a game is impressive.

If he is 191cm, still growing and can run a 11.3s 100 and 6.10 2km he is gonna be a star.

Would we do pick 5, 23 and a swap of future firsts, in return for him?

Exponential growth eh? Could be 100m tall by the time his career is up.

Also, you're conflating Callaghan and Sinn's athletic results. Callaghan did run a 6:10 2km but Sinn is the one with the 11.3s 100m time.

Also, you're conflating Callaghan and Sinn's athletic results. Callaghan did run a 6:10 2km but Sinn is the one with the 11.3s 100m time.
I'd use 2x 1sts to get Callaghsinn.

Probs 3x 1sts for Callandrewsinn.

Make no mistake, Callaghan would be my first choice but we are not in the front row unfortunately but when I watched him play a couple of times he seemed a little'messy' the way he approached the contest but soon realised how good and clean he was when he had the ball in his hands in heavy traffic, with his size he moves really well and isn't afraid of taking some hits to draw in Oppo players to release slick handballs to teammates. A bit of Jordy about him in the way he moves in and out of congestion.

Make no mistake, Callaghan would be my first choice but we are not in the front row unfortunately but when I watched him play a couple of times he seemed a little'messy' the way he approached the contest but soon realised how good and clean he was when he had the ball in his hands in heavy traffic, with his size he moves really well and isn't afraid of taking some hits to draw in Oppo players to release slick handballs to teammates. A bit of Jordy about him in the way he moves in and out of congestion.
How did you rate his delivery i50? I’ve been told repeatedly that he burns it a lot by someone that had seen most of his games.

I want him but I don’t want us to ridiculously overpay in doing so. I’d hope we’d offer pick 21 take it or leave it. I’m sick to death of GWS using us in trades and the last thing we need is them bending us over during the draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure I heard in a interview, he did a 11.33s in a headwind. Wasn't his dad the commonwealth sprinter?

Nothing ca; happen until live on Trading night now. Think things will stay the same unless we can get a late 1st round swapping future picks.
Lions pick 18 would make sense, as they need points next year.

Picks 24 and Future 2nd for 18 and 41.

I don’t understand that logic. I’d be using pick 18 now and dealing with next year later.
Yes, they very well could, or they may have their eye on someone a little later than 18 and think that it works for them.

If ward, rachelle or callaghan not available at our pick, we should trade down imo

IMO about zero chance that Ward is gone before our pick - JHF, Andrew, Callaghan and Rachelle will go top-4. My feeling is that Giants want Andrew but are trying to work out how they can maximise value of pick 2 and other teams' lusting for Callaghan without losing Andrew to GCS at pick-3 and being left with Gibcus at pick 5+ (not a bad option but not their preferred).

Of course more than likely I am completely wrong and they really want Callaghan like they tell the media.....

Can picks be traded on the night before they come up for selction? i.e. could we make a play at Pick 3 before the Giants make their selection with Pick 2?

Might be able to swing something like;

5 + 24 to the Suns for Pick 3
3 + FF to the Giants for Picks 2 and 13

Suns still have access to very good players at 5 and pick up the extra pick to use given Greenwood's departure. Giants still get Andrew (assuming they are not set on Callaghan) and get a 5-10 pick upgrade next year for the cost of a one spot slide this year where they still get the player they want.

We go to the draft with 2, 13 and 21 and hopefully perform well enough that we are not lamenting giving up a top 3 pick. Those picks with a bit of luck could get us Callaghan, Sinn and Sonsie which would change our list profile overnight if they all work out.

A couple of days until this thread dies. :(

How about Freo pick 8 and 19 for

Hawks 5 and 24.

This would open up the runway for
Nasiah Wanganeen Milera or Josh Sinn (Pick 8)

We start draft night with 8, 19, 21 and 40 something and we can get funky with 19 or 21 and split it for a couple of seconds or move one of them into a first-rounder next year.

A couple of days until this thread dies. :(

How about Freo pick 8 and 19 for

Hawks 5 and 24.

This would open up the runway for
Nasiah Wanganeen Milera or Josh Sinn (Pick 8)

We start draft night with 8, 19, 21 and 40 something and we can get funky with 19 or 21 and split it for a couple of seconds or move one of them into a first-rounder next year.
Not for me

I don't mind the idea of Nas if we were to trade back in to the first with a second pick, but i want our first to be used on a building block type player. Someone you can build around and i don't think either of those are.

Think if we got a Ward, Hobbs, Johnson they can be the foundation piece of a midfield. Add them to Day and DGB and you are starting to get something exciting.

Not for me

I don't mind the idea of Nas if we were to trade back in to the first with a second pick, but i want our first to be used on a building block type player. Someone you can build around and i don't think either of those are.

Think if we got a Ward, Hobbs, Johnson they can be the foundation piece of a midfield. Add them to Day and DGB and you are starting to get something exciting.
As much as I want us to pull a rabbit out of a hat I think its important to try not to get too cute. We need to try to nail all of our picks and if that means limiting the risks then I'm all for it especially with our first 2 picks.

Can picks be traded on the night before they come up for selction? i.e. could we make a play at Pick 3 before the Giants make their selection with Pick 2?

Might be able to swing something like;

5 + 24 to the Suns for Pick 3
3 + FF to the Giants for Picks 2 and 13

Suns still have access to very good players at 5 and pick up the extra pick to use given Greenwood's departure. Giants still get Andrew (assuming they are not set on Callaghan) and get a 5-10 pick upgrade next year for the cost of a one spot slide this year where they still get the player they want.

We go to the draft with 2, 13 and 21 and hopefully perform well enough that we are not lamenting giving up a top 3 pick. Those picks with a bit of luck could get us Callaghan, Sinn and Sonsie which would change our list profile overnight if they all work out.
Before the draft starts I believe clubs are being given 30 min to log trades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back