List Mgmt. 2021 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 18, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
Cripps has been carrying a lot of injuries. Dan a should recon during the latest offseason. Not convinced he's washed up at all
Cripps is not in our sights for various reasons.
1. cost
2. Injury
3. Bit one dimesional

Sydney has gone in a different direction. Drafting
  • skilled players that can kick accurately.
  • Young players that can get their hands on the ball and break away.
  • Players with speed
  • and those with all of the above

Cripps has been carrying a lot of injuries. Dan a should recon during the latest offseason. Not convinced he's washed up at all

The game style in 2021 has passed pure inside bulls. It’s half the reason he’s struggling

The game style in 2021 has passed pure inside bulls. It’s half the reason he’s struggling
Mundy even at his age looks done hey lol

Jpk still our best mid at times

Still gotta get the ducking ball and a lot of softy’s don’t so you can count on the bulls to do it

You crack up mills but in most people’s opinion Cripps would be well before him

Cripps is not in our sights for various reasons.
1. cost
2. Injury
3. Bit one dimesional

Sydney has gone in a different direction. Drafting
  • skilled players that can kick accurately.
  • Young players that can get their hands on the ball and break away.
  • Players with speed
  • and those with all of the above

I feel like Cripps has all of those attributes though. Granted he's not in form and possibly carrying an injury, but when he's up and about he is like Rowbottom or Warner on steroids.

Oct 18, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney

Still gotta get the ducking ball and a lot of softy’s don’t so you can count on the bulls to do it

Cripps at what cost though. Easy to get all the best players. But you have to fit them in a salary cap.
We are doing well drafting and developing.
Our time will come when we trade in a gun or two when we are seriously contending.
That is not now.

Mundy isn’t a pure bull though he’s very good in front of goals something Cripps is rubbish at. You need more layers to your game nowadays

Deccas

Club Legend
Jun 9, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
He has been carrying Injury for like, 2 seasons now. At some point we gotta recognise that he may not return to his heights and might be kinda at the level he will be at for the rest of his career.
The game hasn't changed, Cripps is just carrying injury. Once he's through his current problems he'll be back amongst the best. I really hope the Swans are after him, would easily be our best mid

On Nokia 7.1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

HPKS

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Sydney
The ladder position of the club makes a huge difference IMO. Go to Adelaide in bottom 4 for extra 100k or stay in Sydney for the chance of a premiership in a few years. I would choose the latter. Playing winning football is great for your mind. Playing losing football on a regular basis would be a drag. I like the fact we prioritize drafting SA and WA players vs VIC players. Less likely to go home once we indoctrinate them in Sydney with Bloods culture.

100k over the rest of his career is close to a million dollars. With the lower cost of living in other states it would definitely work out to an extra million. If a player leaves a club for an extra million over the term of his career I fully understand. They have a short career if you put it in perspective to other professional careers and it’s not like in years gone by where players can jump on the gravy train of assistant coaching and other footy departments. That opportunity has shrunk with the shrinking of the soft cap. So without cola it highlights that Sydney has to pay extra for players to stay, plain and simple.

Blakey, Hayward & Rowbottom have our longest contracts. That probably isn't as glowing as it might've been at the start of the year, as Blakey is currently not best 22 and Hayward is borderline when everyone's fit. Hopefully a gun like Dawson or McCartin can be added in the near future.

Oct 18, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
100k over the rest of his career is close to a million dollars. With the lower cost of living in other states it would definitely work out to an extra million. If a player leaves a club for an extra million over the term of his career I fully understand. They have a short career if you put it in perspective to other professional careers and it’s not like in years gone by where players can jump on the gravy train of assistant coaching and other footy departments. That opportunity has shrunk with the shrinking of the soft cap. So without cola it highlights that Sydney has to pay extra for players to stay, plain and simple.
The alternative is to maybe take less and be part of a premiership too. see Geelong players in their winning era/Hawthorn players in their winning era.

Dan87

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Sydney
I don't rate him that highly tbh. He's a good player but not worth the money that I suspect he'd want to leave clubs. We also don't need more wings/HFF's imo.

He's one I thought could put it all together eventually and play around the ball more but you're probably right, we're not picking up a wing.

Merrett hopefully

Oct 18, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
I feel like Cripps has all of those attributes though. Granted he's not in form and possibly carrying an injury, but when he's up and about he is like Rowbottom or Warner on steroids.
Nice to dream about what player you would like. Reality is he would be our highest paid player to steal him from Carlton. Is that the best use of our salary cap?

Dubai Quacker

Wily Old Campaigner
Aug 11, 2019
Western Australia
AFL Club
Sydney
OK, you heard it here first folks - the definitive, foolproof, can't-possibly-be-wrong guide to the 2021 off-season:

Delisted: Sinclair, Brand, S.Gray, Ronke, Armatey

Trade: Hewett to Adelaide (for 2nd round pick), Fox to Essendon (for 3rd round pick), Marcus Adams to Sydney (for 3rd round pick), Adam Cerra to Sydney (for 1st round pick)

1yr Extensions: Clarke, Bell, CoR, JPK, BoC, McL, Malachy, Ling

2yr Extensions: Dawson, Stephens, Wicks, Gould(!), Reid

3yr Extensions: T McC, Parker

Sep 24, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
OK, you heard it here first folks - the definitive, foolproof, can't-possibly-be-wrong guide to the 2021 off-season:

Delisted: Sinclair, Brand, S.Gray, Ronke, Armatey

Trade: Hewett to Adelaide (for 2nd round pick), Fox to Essendon (for 3rd round pick), Marcus Adams to Sydney (for 3rd round pick), Adam Cerra to Sydney (for 1st round pick)

1yr Extensions: Clarke, Bell, CoR, JPK, BoC, McL, Malachy, Ling

2yr Extensions: Dawson, Stephens, Wicks, Gould(!), Reid

3yr Extensions: T McC, Parker
how drunk are you right now.gif

Nice to dream about what player you would like. Reality is he would be our highest paid player to steal him from Carlton. Is that the best use of our salary cap?

I'm not even saying we should go after him. I was just responding to your post that seemed to be diminishing his worth as I disagreed. :)

Kiama Chris

Norm Smith Medallist
May 10, 2016
Kiama
AFL Club
Sydney
He's one I thought could put it all together eventually and play around the ball more but you're probably right, we're not picking up a wing.

Merrett hopefully
Merrett is a terrific player but would he get us that much closer to a premiership? A top CHB or CHF would but who else?
Moore, Andrews, McGovern or similar but that seems a bridge too far.
Draft and develop seems the right road.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back