List Mgmt. 2021 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would McCartin have signed now? What does he get out of it?

I can't tell you what he'd get out of signing now Kummerspeck, but I can tell you he wants to! If his agent lets him re-sign before he (hopefully) increases his value tenfold over the duration of the season, and it means we lock up one of our top 3 youths, I won't complain :p

I can't tell you what he'd get out of signing now Kummerspeck, but I can tell you he wants to! If his agent lets him re-sign before he (hopefully) increases his value tenfold over the duration of the season, and it means we lock up one of our top 3 youths, I won't complain :p
Neither, but it isn't actually puzzling that a young player whose value is increasing every week is holding off signing and it almost certainly isn't through lack of action by the club.

Cripps needs to improve and show the form from a few years back. We would be making a mistake getting a broken Cripps but then again he might lift amongst our players.

I’ve been advocating the idea of recruiting him but he’s looked pretty lackluster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's a bit like Hannebery in that respect, too often playing injured and carried a lot of the burden early in their career. Even though not over the hill, they both play older due to not being managed properly or managing themselves properly early on.

I was all for it 2 or 3 years ago but buyer beware this time around. This could easily go the way of Grundy, Martin and Coniglio and cripple a salary cap.

It’s probably been noted before, but just reflecting on how pivotal to the club the R18 Geelong game was last season.

If Papley kicked straight & the Swans won the game (as we should have), we’d have moved up 2 ladder spots & had Pick 6 (not 4).

Logan McD would now be playing at Hawthorn.

That single game (& Papley’s yips) will potentially shape the Swans for the next decade.

It's a Logan's worth! Massive sliding doors moment

Either way we draft best available KPD, a ruck and then throw a hail mary on a stand on heads forward. Reckon our first pick will be no.12

Best available midfielder imo. This is a high level midfield draft.

Either way we draft best available KPD, a ruck and then throw a hail mary on a stand on heads forward. Reckon our first pick will be no.12
About right, whether by draft or trade. Ruck and KPD in the right age group are our biggest needs. Not necessarily big names. Hoping Paddy McCartin and Barry O'Connor come through. Will watch both with great interest.

Give Dalrymple the first 2 rounds. Beatson can have the later & rookie picks. Beatson has a knack of finding good defenders late in the draft while Dalrymple keeps finding gun mids. We don't need another random half back flanker who can play X positions

Give Dalrymple the first 2 rounds. Beatson can have the later & rookie picks. Beatson has a knack of finding good defenders late in the draft while Dalrymple keeps finding gun mids. We don't need another random half back flanker who can play X positions

Agree you don’t need to waste top picks on defenders get them late

Neither, but it isn't actually puzzling that a young player whose value is increasing every week is holding off signing and it almost certainly isn't through lack of action by the club.

Agreed. And on the likelihood of him actually re-signing, I find it unlikely that his brother Paddy bothered moving himself up to Sydney for another shot at league footy (and to live with his brother) if Tom hadn't indicated his enthusiasm for Sydney long-term. I see no sign McCartin won't be re-signed on a long-term deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 25...their third pick that draft! My point remains. Not in the first round.
no no no.

What pick would you take him now?

Is there any player you would take ahead of him for our pick 14 assuming the same picks before us?

My point is that there are defenders worth a first round pick, not that there are good defenders taken with later picks.

I could point out Naughten as well I guess.

no no no.

What pick would you take him now?

Is there any player you would take ahead of him for our pick 14 assuming the same picks before us?

My point is that there are defenders worth a first round pick, not that there are good defenders taken with later picks.

I could point out Naughten as well I guess.

Oscar Allen easily for one...Tim Kelly...

We don’t need him with Paps but I would probably take Liam Ryan too. West Coast smashed that draft.

Oscar Allen easily for one...Tim Kelly...

We don’t need him with Paps but I would probably take Liam Ryan too. West Coast smashed that draft.
Well, even those I rate Oscar, I would choose Balta in the top 5 of that draft. That's me though.

Well, even those I rate Oscar, I would choose Balta in the top 5 of that draft. That's me though.

I wouldn’t and it’s not close for me. Kelly too. Forwards and mids win premierships for mine.

Priority has to be re-signing the players who are out of contract in the next 2 years. There are a lot of very valuable ones.

But beyond that, I think Hickey is only a temporary Ruck solution so a more permanent solution or even just some more depth there would be nice.

And if we have some cash to spend, I'd be calling Nick Vlaustin and Shai Bolton's agents and ask if they are happy with what Richmond are offering them to re-sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back