List Mgmt. 2021 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No.

Kennedy and Parker are both still bloody fantastic. They’ve needed help and have got some with year. With Warner, Mills and Hickey.
Questions:
1. We've got Hickey, one of the best ruckman in the league, and Mills, one of the best young mids, why do we keep on being beaten in the mids?

2. What do you think is the solution to our midfield problems.

Agree Masey. But mds will always come in. Best available and all that. We raelly need a big arse KPD to take on the monsters. Mccartin is a puppy next to these guys. He is a Great 2nd tall. Rampe has played on guys way taller than him in the past. But his cape has some Kryptonite on it. He is not the same super hero down back anymore. He is looking at sunsets and we need to replace him soon. My second favourite player over Mickey O.
Surely there is a kid on another list with some development behind them we can pinch. Would be better than hitting the draft and waiting 4 years.

Hard to draw an established player, but I’d start there.

Questions:
1. We've got Hickey, one of the best ruckman in the league, and Mills, one of the best young mids, why do we keep on being beaten in the mids?

1. We had a shocker against Hawthorn, but its a bit unfair to say we keep on being beaten in the mids.

2. Gulden, Rowbottom, Stephens, Mills, Florent, Warner, Campbell and Blakey.

Questions:

1. I don’t think we do. Not until the last couple of matches. Hickey has been sore the last few weeks so he hasn’t been the best ruck. Otherwise we’re holding our own.

2. Development. And a little luck on the injury front. Our outside players improving their timing. And a genuine back up ruck. Naismith is a tragedy.

1. We had a shocker against Hawthorn, but its a bit unfair to say we keep on being beaten in the mids.

2. Gulden, Rowbottom, Stephens, Mills, Florent, Warner, Campbell and Blakey.

IMO we also got beaten in the mids against Adelaide, GWS, Gold Coast, Melbourne, Fremantle, Carlton and St Kilda. Throw in Hawthorn and that's eight of our thirteen matches.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pure speculation but looking at this year's "pre-agents", I'd be really keen to have another dip at Darcy Moore. He's just what we need in defence and at 26 years old in 2022 will be able to be around well and truly throughout our window.
One of the few players who would genuinely transform our side.

I've got the feeling Collingwood will do anything to keep some stability through this offseason though.

No. Come on. Give us something we can actually measure.

You can measure that if you just watch. The Melbourne game for example. Stats sheet says we won the inside 50s and clearances (including centre clearances), but our clearances out of the middle were rushed and under enormous pressure, while Oliver, Petracca and co waltzed out practically unimpeded.

I was also at the Freo game where the stats sheet says we had more centre clearances than Freo did, and I can tell you that the centre breaks Fyfe, Mundy and Walters got were done with relative ease while ours were once again hurried and under pressure.

That mix of not being very clean with our own clearances but also failing to apply appropriate pressure on the opposition's clearances is not a good one, and I've noticed it in most Swans games this year. Unfortunately stats focus largely on quantity over quality so I have nothing concrete to produce for you, so you'll just have to take my word for it.

Or don't. I don't care :)

You can measure that if you just watch. The Melbourne game for example. Stats sheet says we won the inside 50s and clearances (including centre clearances), but our clearances out of the middle were rushed and under enormous pressure, while Oliver, Petracca and co waltzed out practically unimpeded.

I was also at the Freo game where the stats sheet says we had more centre clearances than Freo did, and I can tell you that the centre breaks Fyfe, Mundy and Walters got were done with relative ease while ours were once again hurried and under pressure.

That mix of not being very clean with our own clearances but also failing to apply appropriate pressure on the opposition's clearances is not a good one, and I've noticed it in most Swans games this year. Unfortunately stats focus largely on quantity over quality so I have nothing concrete to produce for you, so you'll just have to take my word for it.

Or don't. I don't care :)
It might come as a surprise, but I have been watching. Do you think a scorecard of 8-5 is because the defenders kick it over the heads of the mids to the forwards?

Jones played in the midfield for a year? Gosh dunno why he left to go to st Kilda to play in his preferred position then. The alternate reality strikes again

On Nokia 7.1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

jones was ... is! ... ordinary, temperamental and mistake-prone ...
we have several players in our squad now with more potential ... but it will require patience, which is not in abundance on this thread ... consistency of thought is also apparently lacking ... more changes of mind than changes of underwear

Is there any credible speculation/news about what the club might do this offseason or is it all still sheer fantasy at this stage?

Apart from Bontempelli and Macrae agreeing to come to the Swans on a Rowell-Anderson type buddies deal, it's all just rumours and fantasies.

I think Mills, Rowy and Chad are all capable clearance players.

I think I'd like another player capable of exploding from the clearance.
Treloar would have been ideal at this role.

I'll get shot for this but if someone offered us a first round pick for LParker I'd take it.

not me ... always loved parker but it comes down to the business of it ... surely we can't be offering him any more long contracts ...
and i agree on mills, rowbottom and warner as future clearance players, and a bit further down the track the likes of gulden and wicks seem likely, hard-at-it types with a bit of flair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back