List Mgmt. 2021 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Also if we can be somewhere in the top 8 playing exciting footy all of a sudden we will become another free agency destination.

Quick summary from last page of 2020 Draft thread
Membling -Reckon Bazzo, Andrews and Chesser could go in the teens.
anotherletdown -
Chesser probably will, bazzo on needs might slide out but I like Andrews. Reckon Richmond have got this draft year right, going to be a pretty solid top 30 or so with a few 19's getting a look in.
Curious to see what Chad Warner's brother can do, mix of Chad and Will Day one scout said, sounds interesting to me.
RUNVS I know Bazzo is a Key Defender. He also has a great name.
BloodySwan Honestly the only spot we need to recruit for is a ruck. If Grundy's 'poor' form continues I'd be happy to trade for him - so long as we don't take all his contract
Membling
Bazzo KPD
Andrews Tall mid
Chesser mid/utility

Very good midfield draft by the looks. Highest rated prospect is Horne - played very well in SANFL in senior last year.

Quite like Bazzo

rustycrate
We have drafted quite a few mids in the last 3 drafts. I think our needs are
1. Another quality KPD (McCartin, Melican, Brand) then Fox and Rampe that play tall. Not much quality after Mac
2. Another developing ruck (we have none)
3. Another KPF (We have Reid 30, Buddy 33). Logan is a bonus. But another one would be good. Not urgent(next year at the latest)
4. Another Mid. You cannot have too many. Kennedy may retire. Gray WILL be delisted. Bell?

Punts - Grab that McKay or tabener

The type of player we need to draft is an Elijah Hollands/TimTaranto/Brodie Kemp/Noah Anderson type.

The damaging 20 possession per game player that is a game changing match winner.

Little Gulden though might have the capacity to do it though.

I’m going to show a bit of bias here - but there’s a 204cm 19 year old ruckman at my local club (Claremont) called Kalin Lane that I saw play a bit of colts last year & was really impressed.

He wasn’t drafted in 2020 - but I reckon we’ll be looking for a ruckman in this year’s draft & I’ll be really interested to see if he nominates again.

We’ve done ok drafting WA lads (McD and The Chad)!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m going to show a bit of bias here - but there’s a 204cm 19 year old ruckman at my local club (Claremont) called Kalin Lane that I saw play a bit of colts last year & was really impressed.

He wasn’t drafted in 2020 - but I reckon we’ll be looking for a ruckman in this year’s draft & I’ll be really interested to see if he nominates again.

Stole my thunder. We should have rookied him last year! Did I read he kicked a bag in a recent trial game too...? There were a couple of surprise ruck misses last year.

Johnson is the WA guy this year, closely followed by van Rooyen and Bazzo.

Isn't he a FWD/ruck though? Is he much better than MCClean? If we go for a ruck it should be a genuine ruck not a bits and pieces FWD/rucks, we have a lot of those.

Campbell more than Gulden fits that archetype. Gulden is an endurance accumulator where Campbell needs a dozen touches to shape the game.

A top class key back or a good ruck would be nice to you d out our list kinda feel that a ruck might take too long to mature though. I think our list will be really contending in two seasons but a ruck may take 4 or 5 to be at the level.
The type of player we need to draft is an Elijah Hollands/TimTaranto/Brodie Kemp/Noah Anderson type.

The damaging 20 possession per game player that is a game changing match winner.

Little Gulden though might have the capacity to do it though.

On Nokia 7.1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Isn't he a FWD/ruck though? Is he much better than MCClean? If we go for a ruck it should be a genuine ruck not a bits and pieces FWD/rucks, we have a lot of those.
At the moment, yes - but he's only 19 and still developing.

He could be a Rory Lobb, or he could be an Aaron Sandilands. Its hard to tell with young rucks at that age. He's definitely nothing like McLean.

What I do know - he's tall, agile & looked very skillful. Apparently there was quite a bit of surprise in the WAFL that he wasn't drafted by an AFL club last year.

He could be a Rory Lobb, or he could be an Aaron Sandilands. Its hard to tell with young rucks at that age. He's definitely nothing like McLean.

What I do know - he's tall, agile & looked very skillful. Apparently there was quite a bit of surprise in the WAFL that he wasn't drafted by an AFL club last year.

My query is his position. The last we need is another forward that can ruck. If he develops into a genuine ruck by all means fills a need but not if he’s basically a forward that rucks. I don’t rate Lobb as a ruck at all.

Has no idea McLean was only 19. He's doing alright

I am a Jack Ross fan and would hope we'd be onto him if he's not cemented in Richmond's 22 by the end of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back