List Mgmt. 2021 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
KPD ✅
Young Ruck ✅
Now comes the tricky part. Who leaves to create the list space? Will Barry O'Connor have progressed enough to be a KPD? Lachlan McAndrew to be a rookie ruck?
Who will be best available at (say) pick 10? Almost certainly a mid. What's coming through the academy?
Geez I'm glad it's Kinnear and Simon doing this and not me!!!
We have picks 1,2 and 4.
This is the good and the bad
The good.
We got 3 players through the draft that came straight into best 22 and starred.
We also had a traded in ruck that went straight into best 22.
4 players into best 22.
The bad.
3 players have to leave the best 22.
My take.
Kennedy-aging. Has Warner and Rowbottom and Parker and hewett and.....
ORiordan-Irish, 26years but only played 23 games. Not the future.
Bell/Ronke/Amartey/Brand/Sinclair

It is getting harder every year. We have lots of quality coming in but not much experienced players will go out over the next 3-4 years. Its creating a squeeze. And that will be good.

We have picks 1,2 and 4.
This is the good and the bad
The good.
We got 3 players through the draft that came straight into best 22 and starred.
We also had a traded in ruck that went straight into best 22.
4 players into best 22.
The bad.
3 players have to leave the best 22.
My take.
Kennedy-aging. Has Warner and Rowbottom and Parker and hewett and.....
ORiordan-Irish, 26years but only played 23 games. Not the future.
Bell/Ronke/Amartey/Brand/Sinclair

It is getting harder every year. We have lots of quality coming in but not much experienced players will go out over the next 3-4 years. Its creating a squeeze. And that will be good.
There are going to be some very good players playing ressies. Some may give up and seek a trade or a go home to get a game.
Think we need to shop mostly for significant improvement or for the long term or we risk tearing the group apart.
All clubs will face the same problem.

Wondering if we're keeping an eye on this one
The decision comes as a handful of clubs continue to monitor the development of athletic 202cm ruckman and Giants academy member Jack Driscoll, who will turn 19 next week and was among the standouts for the Murray Bushrangers in a NAB League practice match last month

another year (or two) at the draft please... not trading.
Id much rather see our young players get games, much rather pay them than pay someone else overs to come to Sydney
We've got young players like Hayward, Ling, Gould, Rowbum, Stephens, who are favs of mine and didn't play last game. If we trade in an Oliver, Merrett or Bolton, then we can add one of Blakey, JMac, Warner, Florent, Campbell, Wicks, Gulden etc to that list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Corey Warner will go Top 20.

Would we use our 1st on another mid?

We do need another inside mid. If he is an inside mid I think he would be in consideration.

In saying that though I think it is time to begin considering drafting a ruckman with an early pick.

On another note, looking at McCartin a part of me would love to see us drafting Paddy and sending him into defence. If he is half the defender his brother is then it would fix our issues with defensive height.

Mid Season Draft: Will most likely be going into this a bit lower than most of us anticipated.
Offset a bit by not all clubs likely to have a pick.
From an article today about a young ruck;

Seven clubs – Collingwood and Melbourne (two each), Essendon, North Melbourne, Port Adelaide, St Kilda and Sydney – have list spots available for the mid-season draft while other clubs will be able to send players with long-term injuries to the inactive list to open up further spots for the rookie selection meeting, which is scheduled for June 2.

I think it was rustycrate (in his Bear31 ) incarnation that suggested the club could pick up a young ruck in the mid-season draft as they would have had a chance to show their wares in the various underage comps.
Certainly worthwhile considering.

Offset a bit by not all clubs likely to have a pick.
From an article today about a young ruck;

I think it was rustycrate (in his Bear31 ) incarnation that suggested the club could pick up a young ruck in the mid-season draft as they would have had a chance to show their wares in the various underage comps.
Certainly worthwhile considering.
Our two biggest list needs are a youngish KPP or Ruck (not combo). Supposedly the 2021 draft is good for mids but not so much for them, so if we can pick someone up (eg Paddy McCartin) that might be a very good move.

If all goes perfectly....
Paddy McCartin joins Swans in the mid season draft - goes on to fulfil his potential as a KPF
Barry OConnor develops into an elite, high flying, quick, tall, agile, intercepting KPD
Joel Amartey develops into a short ruck but with a huge leap and elite speed. The quintessential modern day Ruck.

We'll know by the draft

Paddy McCartin joins Swans in the mid season draft - goes on to fulfil his potential as a KPF
Barry OConnor develops into an elite, high flying, quick, tall, agile, intercepting KPD
Joel Amartey develops into a short ruck but with a huge leap and elite speed. The quintessential modern day Ruck.

We'll know by the draft
and Carruthers will be seen as a Rampe clone.

We'll know by the draft
McCartin plsyjg as a defender

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back