List Mgmt. 2021 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clarke will get back into the 22 before years end but not get his contract renewed. Just a feeling

If Clarke ends up back in the 22 before the years end then we would had to have had a really poor year.

If Clarke ends up back in the 22 before the years end then we would had to have had a really poor year.
Our midfield pool isn't very deep. A couple of injuries could see him in, or could see some other interesting midfield selections like Fox, Taylor, Wicks, Gulden or Campbell, depending on role. Even Grey seems to have lifted his socks in ressies. Never say never.

Moore is under contract until the end off 2022.

Given what Essendon wanted for Daniher and WBDs wanted for Dunkley when both were under contract there is no way that I would be wanting to hand over two 1st rounders (at a minimum) for Moore, given where we are at present.

I'd prefer to keep going to the draft, develop what we have and when we are in the premiership window we can look, if necessary or opportunity arrives, for a free agent or trade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Moore is under contract until the end off 2022.

Given what Essendon wanted for Daniher and WBDs wanted for Dunkley when both were under contract there is no way that I would be wanting to hand over two 1st rounders (at a minimum) for Moore, given where we are at present.

I'd prefer to keep going to the draft, develop what we have and when we are in the premiership window we can look, if necessary or opportunity arrives, for a free agent or trade.

Is Moore worth two 1st rounders?

Is Moore worth two 1st rounders?
In isolation possibly yes, but not if it takes us out of the draft two years in a row, given where our list is at present.

If you're in the premiership window it might be a deal you do, not if you are still a developing side as we are .

I also don't see KPD as our greatest need.
I've said before I still have hope that McCartin & Melican can hold down the two KPD posts.
And of course Moore is out of contract at the end of 2022, so as with Daniher I don't think you go down the trade route at that point of a contract. Brisbane got Daniher for free in terms of draft picks a year after we were offering two first rounders.

Last edited:
We traded Allir for Hickey. It was the only way we could get Hickey.
No-one complained the first 4 1/2 games
Yes ....
But the real issue was that we were in a place where we HAD to trade our best defender for a Ruck. The failure was in not securing a reliable ruck years ago.

I also don't see KPD as our greatest need.
I've said before I still have hope that McCartin & Melican can hold down the two KPD posts.
And of course Moore is out of contract at the end of 2022, so as with Daniher I don't think you go down the trade route at that point of a contract. Brisbane got Daniher for free in terms of draft picks a year after we were offering two first rounders.
If Melican keeps going down injured we will need a second key defender

If Melican keeps going down injured we will need a second key defender
yep, reckon he's missed more games over the last few years than played. Im a Melican fan, but the back 6 needs stability. Durability were massive strengths of Grundy, Smith etc.
Moore always seems on the edge of injury. The year after we tried to trade him in, he went down. Hes been good for a while, but to me always seems on the edge. and I agree with Hairybiker, 2 x 1st round picks is what he would demand, and I reckon that's too much at this stage of the list build. We might start entering the free-agent market again in the next couple of years as our list headed by Heeney, Mills and Paps - down to the 1st - 3rd year players matures.
Our 2nd tall after T Macartin may come from his brother Paddy (that would be a fantastic story) or may come from OConnor,, or Melican may get his body right. So there are a few options that don't require big costs (picks and $$)

yep, reckon he's missed more games over the last few years than played. Im a Melican fan, but the back 6 needs stability. Durability were massive strengths of Grundy, Smith etc.
Moore always seems on the edge of injury. The year after we tried to trade him in, he went down. Hes been good for a while, but to me always seems on the edge. and I agree with Hairybiker, 2 x 1st round picks is what he would demand, and I reckon that's too much at this stage of the list build. We might start entering the free-agent market again in the next couple of years as our list headed by Heeney, Mills and Paps - down to the 1st - 3rd year players matures.
Our 2nd tall after T Macartin may come from his brother Paddy (that would be a fantastic story) or may come from OConnor,, or Melican may get his body right. So there are a few options that don't require big costs (picks and $$)
I'm not convinced they would get 2x 1st rounders for Moore. Likely a 1st and a 2nd round pick which I'm not against, especially if it's this years picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back