List Mgmt. 2021 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he thinks he's worth it then can't blame him. I think he's worth it. The guy's an absolute gun IMO.

Depends on the price we've offered and what he thinks he's worth. If it's 100k plus he is welcome to leave. You don't just overpay for players.

Depends on the price we've offered and what he thinks he's worth. If it's 100k plus he is welcome to leave. You don't just overpay for players.

You'll always end up overpaying players. You have to be overpaying the right ones.

If he thinks he's worth it then can't blame him. I think he's worth it. The guy's an absolute gun IMO.

I’m pretty much against money grabbers and going to Carlton is a money grab move. Playing for a good team comes with sacrifice, better teams have better players and less money to share around.

If players aren’t willing to make sacrifices to play for this great club then I’d rather they piss off as soon as possible tbh.

Anyway I’m getting riled up over a rumour, may be bs, so that’s all I’ll say for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You'll always end up overpaying players. You have to be overpaying the right ones.

A role mid isn't the one you overpay. You overpay for your elites he's never going to be that.

I know this is sacralige but if our cap really is as probematic as Edmunds suggests*, you have to tap Joey on the shoulder and ask him to retire. Unfortunately we've already re-signed him.

*Not saying I believe Edmunds
how much is JPKs new 1 year contract? Ill guess you have no idea, and therefore your post doesn't mean s**t!

Parker is only 28 and an iron man.

700k/4 should be a no-brainer.

Yep no issue. Would rather the last year be in the clubs favour but happy with the 4 years as a principle.

Wouldn't read too much into the swans salary cap problems, according to edmund all teams are low on cash. So don't know how they'll be able to afford the swans boys or why managers would sign their clients to a lowish value contract at a worse team. Unless of course edmund is full of it and then you can't really believe any of the swans problems he says either.

Carlton are apparently wanting Cerra too, how could they possibly afford him and Hewett?

Anyway, I'm backing our club to make the correct calls irrespective of any 'salary cap' problems. We've usually made the correct moves re trade/re-signing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't read too much into the swans salary cap problems, according to edmund all teams are low on cash. So don't know how they'll be able to afford the swans boys or why managers would sign their clients to a lowish value contract at a worse team. Unless of course edmund is full of it and then you can't really believe any of the swans problems he says either.

Carlton are apparently wanting Cerra too, how could they possibly afford him and Hewett?

Anyway, I'm backing our club to make the correct calls irrespective of any 'salary cap' problems. We've usually made the correct moves re trade/re-signing.
Agree no one knows TPP and the clubs with the most unsigned players will be in the hardest position and will wait.

Absolute joke if true and further reinforces the need for academies etc. How many teams with such a bright future and strong culture lose as many best 22 players as we do? And now rumoured to be losing 2-3 more?

That’s a joke is true. If these guys really are just chasing money I hope they join a rabble and regret it for years. I’m so over this sort of stuff. We should be a club that no player is wants to leave yet we have guys wanting to go to Carlton of all teams? Yes it’s just a rumour at the moment but if it’s true then good riddance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Their time available to play is limited. All players should look after themselves first.
That's what all clubs do

He's not a role mid. He's our cleanest mid.

He is a role mod and over the next few years we will transition to Warner, Campbell, etc being in the midfield. You don’t overpay for Hewett types.

Carlton are a million to 1 to get Cerra if Ross Lyon is the coach.

We should be so lucky if they are as skillful as Hewett.

The reality is we’d like Hewett here but there’s a line and you overpay for him we can’t hold onto Warner, etc.

I know this is sacralige but if our cap really is as probematic as Edmunds suggests*, you have to tap Joey on the shoulder and ask him to retire. Unfortunately we've already re-signed him.

*Not saying I believe Edmunds
He did mention that JPK had taken a fair pay cut

sam edmunds on sen says

hewett gone
parker agent asking other clubs whether they would pay 700k over 4 years
dawson offers still inadequate
reid doubtful
stephens probably squeezed out
Wow, with half the team obviously leaving (because the media never make up anything) we won't have any salary cap issues for years!
I reckon they'd know. We have a heap of unsigned players. Unsigned players mean player agents running around talking on behalf of their clients. It would be incredibly easy for rival clubs to find out the state of our salary cap and then run with it to the media.
Just like 17 other teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back