List Mgmt. 2021 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to see the Riewold contracts with the Tigers and Fox. I would also like an exploration of whether there are 'spnsorship' contras between Tigers and Fox.

Maybe Tiger members are 'encouraged to sign up to Fox.

I suspect his Tiger contract undervalues him and the Fox contract overvalues him.
There is no doubt in my mind. When you hear the line trotted out player x has agreed to take less on his contract simply means player x has managed to land a pretty sweet marketing deal (cant remember the exact name for these agreements)so we can balance the salary cap

Hamish Hartlett? Cheap fill in for a few years? Can play HB or mid
Golden Rule - Do not entertain any other clubs delisted players.

Robbie Tarrant would be a great pick-up for us

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I hope whatever pick we get we use on trying to bring in an established player. Easier said than done I know. Just don't want another 18 year old, no matter how good he might be
Yep. Someone like:
Taylor
Gray
Brand
Menzel
That Geelong bloke (cant remember his name).

The issue is - Dawson aside - very few gun players move club at their prime age.
Almost none.

Yep. Someone like:
Taylor
Gray
Brand
Menzel

The issue is - Dawson aside - very few gun players move club at their prime age.
Almost none.

Thurlow

Anyone have the guff on Bradtke from Melbourne, just delisted. Tall enough lol, any good?
I don't even think the Dees have the guff on Bradtke. A raw ruck prospect who hasn't had any opportunities to develop because of Covid. If we didn't have our own beanpole in McAndrew to develop I'd say give it a go but we do so probably not.

Yep. Someone like:
Taylor
Gray
Brand
Menzel

Almost none.
Ehhh, all of them were pretty much fringe players. When C88 is asking for an established player I'm pretty sure we can all agree that that means we want a best 22 player from another team.

A Moore or Lukosious would be a good get, though I doubt that we can get either :(

Ehhh, all of them were pretty much fringe players. When C88 is asking for an established player I'm pretty sure we can all agree that that means we want a best 22 player from another team.

A Moore or Lukosious would be a good get, though I doubt that we can get either :(

Correct. It's pretty simple, if there's someone who can improve us that we can get with the pick we get from the Dawson trade (ie not that would net us a delisted player like Menzel, or a discard like Clarke or Taylor), then that someone should be a person of great interest for us.

If there isn't someone who fits that bill, we suck it up, take the L, go to the draft with said pick and hope we get a great kid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your talking about May and Lever ? May can play on bigger forwards and Lever is a great intercept player who is helped by a good structure and good orginisation and yes they may have paid for them but they are hardly David Dench and Ross Glendinning. May at the Gold Coast and Lever at Adelaide would be made to look run of the Mill defenders. We need to work with what we have and hope we can improve within along with some smart defensive coaching.
Have to disagree, Wolfy. Lever was an up and coming gun at Adelaide which is why it hurt them so much when he left (like Dawson and us). Melbourne went out and targetted the two best defenders they could get their hands on and built a premiership on top of that.

Have been ignoring all draft and trade talk. Should I be depressed? I feel like I am going to be depressed.
You're a Swans fan and it's a trade period after 2013

Of course you should be

I don't even think the Dees have the guff on Bradtke. A raw ruck prospect who hasn't had any opportunities to develop because of Covid. If we didn't have our own beanpole in McAndrew to develop I'd say give it a go but we do so probably not.

Or more than likely another one coming next year via the academy.

If we are to pursue a ruck this year or next it will be an established player to play straight away in Hickey’s last couple of years.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think this draft will be littered with hidden gems for those capable of extracting talent where others can't find them. Great challenge for our recruitment team.

Hope we take a punt on a couple of talls, May find some terrible forwards we can recast into premiership winning blue chip defenders.

We should at least enquire about dunkley. Obvious links to the club and didn’t have a great this year so this will be the cheapest we could get him for
He was going to Essendon last year. I have no clue why he would come to Sydney if he has interest from VIC clubs.

That's our biggest issue is that no one is coming to Sydney atm...

He was going to Essendon last year. I have no clue why he would come to Sydney if he has interest from VIC clubs.

That's our biggest issue is that no one is coming to Sydney atm...

He said no to Sydney 5 + years ago. He may be more mature now, outlook on life has changed etc. not saying he will come but at least ask the question , if he says no he says no, we don’t lose anything

He said no to Sydney 5 + years ago. He may be more mature now, outlook on life has changed etc. not saying he will come but at least ask the question , if he says no he says no, we don’t lose anything
His dad can't stand the Swans.
No chance nor do I want him after the bitterness shown by his dad towards the club that gave him a long AFL career when a Victorian club wasn't prepared to give a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back