List Mgmt. 2021 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That he's a required player? Then why are they publicly trying to ship him off? They've showed their hands, kinda dumb on their behalf. Equally dumb is if any interested clubs, like us, don't exploit that.
Easy to blame player agents for this kind of 'misunderstandings' Back-ended contract makes things interesting here. Port will play the required playert hand to try to leverage something.

Here's an update on Ladhams who the Swans tried to pry out of Port last year and who we are again linked to.

Wear a neck brace because you're about to get whiplash

1) Port have advised him to look elsewhere and he's filthy due to contract being back ended
2) Port say he's a required player https://www.afl.com.au/news/682620/port-adelaide-keen-to-retain-peter-ladhams
3) Port want him to look elsewhere & 4 clubs interested
Poor Ladhams. Wouldn't know whether you were Arthur or Martha. Really unfair to players to do that kind of jerking around.

Rumours

Ladhams supposedly chosen Sydney

Adelaide working with Bulldogs on their first pick
Considering Ladhams is on the last of his 3 year contract which was apparently heavily back ended, I say we pass. Let him stay at Port this year and go after him strongly next year as an uncontracted player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mortgaging your future...
This is why I hate trading out future picks. Unless they get something they'll have like 1 pick in next year's draft when they have to take 3. Ludicrous

I know right!? When I heard #8 I nearly fell over
Not to s**t on Cats fans, because every supporter group are the same, but here's some classic posts from that aforementioned GWS game. Strip away the context, and Clark sounds like a player lucky to be on a list, let alone worth a top 10 pick:
Wonder if we could flog off Clark for a third rounder? Gee he’s not good at all.
I know I shouldn't single out an individual given that the whole team failed for three full quarters, but I'm still gobsmacked at how utterly pathetic that was from Clark. Can't see him making it at AFL level when he's that spineless.
Clark can go off to west coast. Pick 93 will do
So can everyone who kept defending Narkle and Clarke saying they should be playing now shut your pie holes and accept they are rubbish.
Not sure the result really matters in terms of ladder position but what does matter is the pathetic performance of Clark. If people are invested in him then I hope they have a re think as his ball use is so bad and I hope this makes them realise that he really doesn’t have a future with Geelong.
I don’t think i’ve seen anyone go backwards as quickly as clark. He looked like a jet first year. Now he looks like an utter spud.
if Clark was t such a dud player we would have cut it to 3 points from 32 points down, so not sure what you mean by this
Wouldn’t even worry about a trade for Clark after that. Just delist, bye bye.
if Clarke can’t kick a straight drop punt from 25 out then just get the max we can fro Freo and call it quits - you can’t sook it up about lack of opportunities when you do that.
See ya Clark. Happy to pack your bags
Pack your bags Clark.
Clark, off to WA mate.

Not to sh*t on Cats fans, because every supporter group are the same, but here's some classic posts from that aforementioned GWS game. Strip away the context, and Clark sounds like a player lucky to be on a list, let alone worth a top 10 pick:
Are they from match day threads? Cause I have probably traded out every single Swans player for pick 93 at one stage or another during a match thread hahaha

Are they from match day threads? Cause I have probably traded out every single Swans player for pick 93 at one stage or another during a match thread hahaha
Yeah from the GWS loss, specifically. I know, we're all guilty of it, although don't think you'll find any posts from match day threads on here telling us to * Dawson off for 23 hahaha.

Posts like that just become particularly funny come trade time when everyone wants to puff their chests every time a player requests a trade.

We have had a pretty tight list for a few years now because it is so young. Anyone expecting trades over the last few years would be disappointed.
Next year is the year we start trading with possible retirements of Buddy, Kennedy, Naismith, Sinkers, and delisting of Taylor.
The following 3 years it gets skinny again with only Rampe a would be retirement based on age.
Cunningham and Lloyd being the next oldest but still a few years off.

We will probably keep Bell and Clarke because we are skinny on mids with Gray, Hewett and Dawson leaving.

If we were to trade in Ladhams we would probably need to delist Reid and Ronke, as we always take 6 rookies which would maximise our list.

View attachment 1252493
Regardless Ronke needs to go. Reid kept as insurance only.

Gold Coast continuing to be impregnated by the big V clubs in order to keep reproducing draft picks for when ever they want them for father sons & young gun players who can leave their 'birth mamma' when all grown up & ready to shine.
I hate it because the Pies have gone from desperate to kings of the world again.

Gold Coast continuing to be impregnated by the big V clubs in order to keep reproducing draft picks for when ever they want them for father sons & young gun players who can leave their 'birth mamma' when all grown up & ready to shine.
I hate it because the Pies have gone from desperate to kings of the world again.
In turn though the Pies have ****ed up next year's draft at this stage. Pinning all their hopes and dreams into 1 kid whilst paying their best mid to play in Grand Finals for someone else

Regardless Ronke needs to go. Reid kept as insurance only.

Spot on Wolfgang.

I've never understood the mentality of "we might need to keep [insert player] in case [insert player] doesn't re-sign."

WTF.

If they aren't good enough to have been re-signed by now then they're just not good enough. Obviously Ronke is the most like-for-like for Wicks, but he's nowhere near Wicks as a player, so we might as well cut our losses and bring in someone new via the draft instead. Losing a quality player is no excuse for keeping their budget version on the list.

Edit: In hindsight I realise saying "budget version" is incredibly derogatory towards the players. Didn't mean it to sound that harsh.

Excellent analysis Rusty.
I'm doubting both the need and timing on Ladhams. Also, given he is still contracted he will be more expensive in both picks and probably $.
I have a feeling that Naismith will retire at some stage next year. It's difficult to see him being an AFL ruckman again.
Glad we have Sinkers for another year. It simplifies things should Hickey get injured 🤞🤞🤞.
To me Reid selling his house is a pretty big indicator that he won't be here next year. With a young family I doubt he will be mucking around and he made a pretty penny on the turnaround (close to $3mn).
For sure there will be some jiggery pokery with upgrades and de- and rookie listings. Those will probably go right up until the end of list declarations.
As to the rest, I agree.

Sold their Coogee house to move into a new house built on the North Shore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back