List Mgmt. 2021 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez dal Santo is a Nuffie, just a couple of days ago he was saying that port trading ladhams doesn’t make any sense, and now he is saying that port must get a trade done because they have the depth to cover it. AFL media could be the worst in the world
Can't stand Dal Santo or Dal Sando as he calls himself because he can't even pronounce the letter T.

All these so called experts change their minds to suit their own narratives. They should be held more accountable for opinions. Most of them are massaging their egos and have consumed way too much of their own bath water

Apparently Jordan Clark hung up on Stephen Wells after he rang him to tell him he'd be staying at the Cats if they can't get a deal done.

I don't blame Clark tbh. The Cats never give him the consistent opportunities because of their endless pursuit of geriatric has-beens, but then don't let him go either. Piss poor form IMO.

Apparently Jordan Clark hung up on Stephen Wells after he rang him to tell him he'd be staying at the Cats if they can't get a deal done.

I don't blame Clark tbh. The Cats never give him the consistent opportunities because of their endless pursuit of geriatric has-beens, but then don't let him go either. Piss poor form IMO.

To be fair he's contracted they are well within their rights to hold him.

Contract expires next year, he'll just walk if they don't take him now

Can't stand Dal Santo or Dal Sando as he calls himself because he can't even pronounce the letter T.

All these so called experts change their minds to suit their own narratives. They should be held more accountable for opinions. Most of them are massaging their egos and have consumed way too much of their own bath water

agree on dal santo, a lightweight ... i like nick riewoldt, though

as for the highlighted part, you're spot-on and i've mentioned in the past how they never are
certainly, none of them would have the bollocks to account for themselves but it'd be nice to see some kind of percentage these loudmouths achieved with their trade rumours ... be lucky to be double figures, and that's still only the stuff they get fed from club sources ... mostly they just seem wildly off the mark

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another one of the many stupid things about the entire AFL drafting and player movement system is that the first pick in the second round, is arguably more valuable than the last pick of the first round.

So is the Horse/Mitchell relationship really beyond repair?
Did you see the clip where the team walked off and Horse greeted everyone, happy as Larry? Mitchell enters, eyes down, Horse stands there, Mitchell walks past. Cut the atmosphere with a knife. You don't come back from that.

I don't know if I can agree. The bloke signed a contract which doesn't entitle him to a first team spot.

I can I understand preferring to go somewhere else but the club is entitled to depth and seeing how he continues to develop.

Interesting, because I generally got the feeling the Cats were OK to deal with. Both clubs super keen to have that first second round pick.

Allows you to trade and get premium value overnight as pick 19 is the first pick on day 2.

What do people feel Ladhams true value is in a trade?

Considering his age he's tracking about where you'd expect for a teams number 1 ruck and could easily be a solid player for us for the next 10 years.

It would suck to trade away that future first (mostly because of what we gave up for it) but it's not too far off his actual value IMO. If we can get a deal done for less I'd be pretty happy.

What do people feel Ladhams true value is in a trade?

Considering his age he's tracking about where you'd expect for a teams number 1 ruck and could easily be a solid player for us for the next 10 years.

It would suck to trade away that future first (mostly because of what we gave up for it) but it's not too far off his actual value IMO. If we can get a deal done for less I'd be pretty happy.

I'm not convinced he'll be elite like some, but can see him being a good fwd/ruck and at least a somewhat competitive no.1 ruck if we need him to be. He's worth a late first rounder or early 20s imo. But... Port stuffed it up and devalued him, so equivalent of late 20s is fine, and they should just take 31 since we're the only real option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back