List Mgmt. 2021 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We may get the same kid we valued at 12 at 16. Also we need to take 3 picks so I was keen to have the 30s picks as they will be earlier on draft night!

We’ve literally dropped 4 spots that’s it. People have to remember after the first round next year the rounds are useless will be used by matching bids. We’ve now got a genuine ruck post Hickey, and we might get a Sinn type at 16

Given the hand we were given with regards to Dawson I think our list management team has done a good job.

Got a first rd pick for an out of contract player, with the threat of the PSD hanging over our head.

And dropped down 4 spots in the first round in an open draft and gave up a 3rd rounder for a player who hopefully can hold down the ruck position for a number of years (and can play fwd if necessary in the interim).

Overall :thumbsu:

We’ve literally dropped 4 spots that’s it. People have to remember after the first round next year the rounds are useless will be used by matching bids. We’ve now got a genuine ruck post Hickey, and we might get a Sinn type at 16
Just means a shorter reach.

amiright?

McLean will struggle to get games barring injury
Both Buddy and McDonald will need rests throughout the year. I reckon he's ahead of Reid after the latest injuries. Could actually end up playing a decent amount.

Keeping 16+31 looks okay imo. Did the best we could. Remember we were high on Ladhams this time last year. Like really high. And now he is a Swan. He sees himself as a #1 ruck for years and years here post-Hickey.

We may get the same kid we valued at 12 at 16. Also we need to take 3 picks so I was keen to have the 30s picks as they will be earlier on draft night!
Yeah I thought that - what is going on with Gold Coast then as they only have pick 3 this year? Do you know how that works?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No doubt the Swans recruiters looked at the Dees performance in the grand final and having 2 ruckmen. And we want to find a way to at least compete with Gawn/Jackson in the ruck. They see that as a viable model. Lets see how it goes.

Considering we traded for Hickey last year who was pushing thirty at the time to get a twenty three year old ruck who has played most of this season in a top four side I am pretty happy with the Ladhams trade and the price we paid.
Dawson trade was always going to suck but a first rounder next year is about as good as we could have got.
Agree that McLean barring anymore Buddy injuries might struggle for games , even as a chop out ruck he's very limited.
Might be bye bye Reid although I would be keen to give him a rookie contract for a year as cover. As much as I think he has been number one scapegoat for Swans fans for a while his goal kicking is now really putrid and add the injuries he is borderline on the list.

So a forward line of 3 Talls in McDonald, Franklin and ladhams

jMac , McDonald and Warner priority’s for me signing now and not waiting to years end

You're like the third person that's mentioned him this week. Was I the only one alive and breathing when he re-signed until 2023 in April?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back