2023/2024 Gold Coast Draft & Trade periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
wouldn't mind us looking at Jarrod Lienart from Port. Decent mid sized defender from Port struggling to get a game in a stacked team.

Austin Harris, Ned Stevens, Jye Lockett and Will Bella

What makes you think we'll take Lockett?
Is there any performance to suggest he is worthy?
What if his name was James Brown?

Can see some form to suggest that Harris and Bella are potentially worthy candidates

Haven't really seen any in game stuff from Stevens to comment - only that he was selected for the AFL academy so they could pick a NT player.

I have liked the look of Bella in the VFL games I have seen. Can take a grab.
Seems mostly lead up more than overhead marker to me despite his size.
I agree though, definitely some things to work with.
Also seems a decent kick at goal which is so important

What makes you think we'll take Lockett?
Is there any performance to suggest he is worthy?
What if his name was James Brown?

Can see some form to suggest that Harris and Bella are potentially worthy candidates

Haven't really seen any in game stuff from Stevens to comment - only that he was selected for the AFL academy so they could pick a NT player.
Don't think any of them are a lock to be drafted. Harris the best chance, Lockett is going to need to do a hell of a lot more at u18 level to be considered

Im not suggesting any are a lock but take that aside we are in our last year of list concessions so regardless of academy picks I wouldnt be getting over excited about an active trade period

wouldn't mind us looking at Jarrod Lienart from Port. Decent mid sized defender from Port struggling to get a game in a stacked team.
Unfortunately we are stacked at medium defenders, Bowes, Markov, Powell, Lemmens, Farrar, "Mclennan". We need small and talls... Especially talls

Jordan Dawson 192cm left footer who is pretty good at the swans. Jack Bowes plays the same role.

One for Dew to work on, if he can extract Dawson out of Sydney that will allow Bowes to go into his dream job, The Guts.
https://www.afl.com.au/news/612320

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like Saints are coming after Ben
And the SA clubs are gonna come after Rankine/Luko soon.
they’re already paying big money to recruit hill and crouch. I’d think their salary cap would be pretty tight. When do youngsters like Clark, coffield, battle, Marshall etc come out of contract.

Last edited:
Luko would be the only one I'm actually worried about leaving
Ballard, King & Lukosius are all pretty tight friends. Ballard has signed long term, if 1 of the latter do i feel all 3 will.

Rankine feeling pretty safe atm with Lemmens, Farrar & now Rosas in the best 22 and doesn't enjoy Adelaide from his social media activity. He's also copping some "over-rated" hate and all that and he's on the gold coast, imagine if he was in victoria he would be copping the cripps hate.

Ballard, King & Lukosius are all pretty tight friends. Ballard has signed long term, if 1 of the latter do i feel all 3 will.

Rankine feeling pretty safe atm with Lemmens, Farrar & now Rosas in the best 22 and doesn't enjoy Adelaide from his social media activity. He's also copping some "over-rated" hate and all that and he's on the gold coast, imagine if he was in victoria he would be copping the cripps hate.

Hope you’re right about King and Luko, hopefully they follow suit and sign on. One thing that we can all agree on is that there has been a major culture shift up on the GC and the playing group seem to be the tightest I’ve ever seen in our short history. The “buy in” seems to be there from the entire playing group. So hopefully king and luko want to be apart of it long term and build success with us. They’re both irreplaceable imo.

In terms of Ranks I’m not concerned about him leaving in the slightest he loves the club, whenever I’ve spoken to him one on one he raves about the club he’s fully invested and in it for the long haul.

might be a terrible thought but what’s everyone’s thoughts on brayden crossley’s vfl form. averaging 18.6 touches, nearly 2 goals, 5 marks, 4 tackles and 15 hitouts a game. could be handy but don’t think the suns would give him another chance. Kicked 5 today.

Last edited:
might be a terrible thought but what’s everyone’s thoughts on brayden crossley’s vfl form. averaging 18.6 touches, nearly 2 goals, 5 marks, 4 tackles and 15 hitouts a game. could be handy but don’t think the suns would give him another chance. Kicked 5 today.
Dont think him or his family would want to be anywhere near the suns again

He would look better beside king and in the ruck than burgess

We should offer Matt Flynn a bit of money to come up for 2 or 3 years. No guarantees that Witts is the same player or even comes back from an ACL, at the very least Flynn is a really solid ruck that can hold his own. Take a ruck with a first or second round pick this year and start developing him to take the reigns in a few years.

I watched the first half of the game today. Not sure anyone picks him up. Lots of good stats by being on the end of a lot of work down by the Southport midfield. Not good defensively, once the ball hit the ground he was out of the play.

We have 5 extra rookie spots we need to clear and get a some coverage in the ruck and tall space..

I really hope we are aggressive with our list and cut some deadwood without upsetting the culture. If we don’t draft or trade for a second ruck I will riot

they’re already paying big money to recruit hill and crouch. I’d think their salary cap would be pretty tight. When do youngsters like Clark, coffield, battle, Marshall etc come out of contract.
Crouch is not on big money, that’s why Adelaide only received band 2 compensation when he left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back