2023/2024 Gold Coast Draft & Trade periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly hearing crap like this makes my Piss boil. With this sort of logic the AFL should reintroduce COLA immediately. Since the only reason interstate clubs can hold onto their gun VIC recruits is to pay overs. Even then not certain they will stay loyal. This will help even out the comp to a better degree. Salary cap is suppose to be even however the current salary cap is not. Too much in favour of the Big VIC clubs. Third party deals, sponsorship and freebies that are more available in VIC. If the VIC media like Eddie Mc D Head don't like it all additional value including previously stated should go to the current cap. I realise some VIC clubs would cringe at the thought. But F them. They are happy to raid the weaker clubs. GO THE SUNS.

Endorsements and sponsorships are a huge pull. Listen to trade radio. Every add is sponsored by big name players—nearly all from Victoria.

Ollie Wines. is a perfect example of someone who did not want to be drafted interstate
Had thoughts about leaving at times throughout his career
Now a Brownlow medallist at a successful interstate club.

your talking about a team that’s always there about playing finals and winning.

compared to a bottom
4 team year on year

your talking about a team that’s always there about playing finals and winning.

compared to a bottom
4 team year on year
Obviously it's not a 100% like for like comparison.

Port finished outside the finals more often than not in his first 7 years at the club. Although never below 10th.

Obviously that is far better than anything the suns have achieved.

If the suns continue to tank then I've got no doubt some of these young players will look to leave.

Obviously it's not a 100% like for like comparison.

Port finished outside the finals more often than not in his first 7 years at the club. Although never below 10th.

Obviously that is far better than anything the suns have achieved.

If the suns continue to tank then I've got no doubt some of these young players will look to leave.
What these players need to understand is they are the ones that play on field and can make a difference. No one else can- it’s the players. They should look at eachother in the eye and say look, we are the ones that need to stick together and stay put so the club can be successful. If it’s not us then who will be the ones to stay and create success at the club? Look at Nathan Jones for an example. He has offers to go elsewhere but was part of the group that stayed at Melbourne and now they are premiers

What these players need to understand is they are the ones that play on field and can make a difference. No one else can- it’s the players. They should look at eachother in the eye and say look, we are the ones that need to stick together and stay put so the club can be successful. If it’s not us then who will be the ones to stay and create success at the club? Look at Nathan Jones for an example. He has offers to go elsewhere but was part of the group that stayed at Melbourne and now they are premiers

players have there part.. but the Melbourne team that finished 17th 2 years ago isn’t very different to the team that won the grand final.

they got in Chocco Williams n few other assistants and turned it all around.
I’d say it’s 50/50 on players and the development and coaching to making a good team great.

any coach who can’t get an average game out of Izak Rankine should be moved on.
One pf the most gifted footballers in the comp

This x 1000. It always strikes me as odd when people say, "if we don't start winning the players will leave". Maybe the players need to stick it out and create the culture they are chasing. i.e Melbourne.

This x 1000. It always strikes me as odd when people say, "if we don't start winning the players will leave". Maybe the players need to stick it out and create the culture they are chasing. i.e Melbourne.
Premiership clubs have both.
Players with the right mind-set and attitudes and the coach and supporting staff to help them get the best out of themselves.

If you only have 50% of the components, you're not getting anywhere.

I don't understand why there aren't tampering policies in place in the AFL.

I also don't understand why players are able to re-negotiate a new contract while still under contract with another club.

Stopping these would go some way to preventing non-victorian clubs getting cannibalised so much in the AFL.

I also don't understand why players are able to re-negotiate a new contract while still under contract with another club.

Stopping these would go some way to preventing non-victorian clubs getting cannibalised so much in the AFL.
Yes this business where they are paid eg. 1 million over 2 years.
Get traded to another club who can say - we'll pay you your guaranteed million but instead it will go over 3 years - effectively re-negotiating a 'free' year

Tampering policy would be great however that will dis advantage the big VIC clubs.I will always remember when Gill said the comp needs a strong Bombers and that was after the Jab incident. Last time I checked it is called the AFL. All teams are important and deserve to have some kind of varying success.To single out a big VIC team was in my opinion poor and not in touch with a national comp. That was the problem then and still now. There are still some entrenched in the old VFL. Gill's comments cemented that to me. GO THE SUNS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port Adelaide have targeted another tall forward in Tim O'Brien. That adds to their interest in Jeremy Finlayson and the already deep stocks of tall forwards on their list (Dixon, Georgiades, Marshall, Ladhams etc). Maybe we can get a tall forward from them after all?

I am preparing myself for days of trade period drivel.

30 to 1 is the ratio between talking about trade period and actual trade news.

We would all be better off mentally if we checked in once every 5 or so days during trade period.

So, I will be back on Saturday!

Just subscribe to the podcast so you can skip the dribble and pick out the tid bits you want to hear.

Rendell's songs he plays for his team reviews are the most cringeworthy things I've ever heard.

Also this is still in play

The club will also again be able to pre-list Academy selections without having to match any rival bids, with Austin Harris and Ned Stevens among the potential Suns.

I wonder if they will allow us to pre list them straight to our rookie list

Last year Jeffrey and Davies had to go to senior list. The rest directly to rookie list.
Yeah, I think if an academy player were likely to go in the first round in the open draft, they had to go onto the senior list hence why those two couldn't be rookies.

Also this is still in play

The club will also again be able to pre-list Academy selections without having to match any rival bids, with Austin Harris and Ned Stevens among the potential Suns.
You can guess how many suns vfl and junior qld games twomey has watched giving these 2 as the most likely draftees. Purely based on AFL academy selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back