2023/2024 Gold Coast Draft & Trade periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
didn't watch the Dreamtime game but seems like Mabior Chol played probably his best AFL game - 19 possessions, 6 marks (2 contested), 9 intercept possessions

Also CCJ solid - 11 possessions, 10 of which were contested, 72% effective, 2 marks (1 contested), 2 goals, 11 hit-outs.
Suns should be all over CCJ, looks a future star. Who knows if he's get-table but he's exactly what is needed.

Chol would be a good signing too, provided the money isn't too high. Sounds like he's more interested in opportunity which we can offer.

BZT as a lockdown defender could be a good option too.

didn't watch the Dreamtime game but seems like Mabior Chol played probably his best AFL game - 19 possessions, 6 marks (2 contested), 9 intercept possessions

Also CCJ solid - 11 possessions, 10 of which were contested, 72% effective, 2 marks (1 contested), 2 goals, 11 hit-outs.
Watched the game, both were unreal, Chol was everywhere, played the Max Gawn role and sat in the hole. Bombers moved the ball so slow and maybe that made him look real good. Almost kicked a goal 5 seconds into the game from the centre bounce.

Coleman-Jones every time he touches the ball i say can't wait to see him at gold coast next year. He is a monster, unreal.

Will be happy with either one hopefully both, preferably CCJ. Price is going up each game

Watched the game, both were unreal, Chol was everywhere, played the Max Gawn role and sat in the hole. Bombers moved the ball so slow and maybe that made him look real good. Almost kicked a goal 5 seconds into the game from the centre bounce.

Coleman-Jones every time he touches the ball i say can't wait to see him at gold coast next year. He is a monster, unreal.

Will be happy with either one hopefully both, preferably CCJ. Price is going up each game
Chol is unrestricted free agent. So just have to convince him to come and then pay more than Richmond willing to match.

ccj. Our pick 19 may not even be enough!

Chol is unrestricted free agent. So just have to convince him to come and then pay more than Richmond willing to match.

ccj. Our pick 19 may not even be enough!
CJ was SA state Captain and we drafted him with pick #20 and 4 years development ( was deliberately slowly developed playing 1 game every 3 weeks in his first year and building his body and tank) He would have 100% been played in last years finals alongside Nank if not for the suspension

GWS offered a 1st rounder last year which was knocked back even after the Kebab fiasco , Richmond according to Dimma want both players at the club and intend on keeping Chol (who appears like he wants to stay)

CJ im not too sure but an ITK poster on our board thinks he is gone and its between 3 clubs and GC being 1 of the 3

CJ was SA state Captain and we drafted him with pick #20 and 4 years development ( was deliberately slowly developed playing 1 game every 3 weeks in his first year and building his body and tank) He would have 100% been played in last years finals alongside Nank if not for the suspension

GWS offered a 1st rounder last year which was knocked back even after the Kebab fiasco , Richmond according to Dimma want both players at the club and intend on keeping Chol (who appears like he wants to stay)

CJ im not too sure but an ITK poster on our board thinks he is gone and its between 3 clubs and GC being 1 of the 3

Unless CCJ has a huge back half of the season I don’t think he has moved from that 15-25 pick mark. I mean Will Powell one pick earlier has played 46 games and required a lot of time and development would be a like for like comparable situation

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unless CCJ has a huge back half of the season I don’t think he has moved from that 15-25 pick mark. I mean Will Powell one pick earlier has played 46 games and required a lot of time and development would be a like for like comparable situation
Will powell is a medium defender not a KPF/Ruck ? Really no comparison as the big boys take 3-4 years to develop
15-25 is an interesting guide . He was drafted with pick #20 in a very very strong draft with players like Sam Taylor , Oscar Allen , Noah Balta drafted around him.

Based on his last 2 games and 21 year old ready to go in 2022 i dont think he has lost value and can only improve in the next 5-10 games

Will powell is a medium defender not a KPF/Ruck ? Really no comparison as the big boys take 3-4 years to develop
15-25 is an interesting guide . He was drafted with pick #20 in a very very strong draft with players like Sam Taylor , Oscar Allen , Noah Balta drafted around him.

Based on his last 2 games and 21 year old ready to go in 2022 i dont think he has lost value and can only improve in the next 5-10 games

The comparison wasn’t positional rather same picks in the draft both have been in the system same time and Powell has had to develop as a medium defender as he was 60kgs when we arrived. I would suggest him and CCJ have the same worth

Does anyone think they’re was anything to the rumours in us approaching nick cox earlier in the year, and if it’s possible what do you think he’s worth is now ?

Looking at the news of Tom Mitchell open to trade and Tigers potentially interested could a three way trade with the Hawks be something on the cards if we were to get Coleman Jones? Based on current circumstances could be something along the lines of:

Suns give up pick 6
Hawks give up Tom Mitchell and pick 23
Tigers give up Coleman Jones, pick 14 and pick 26

Suns get Coleman Jones and pick 14
Hawks get picks 6 and 26
Tigers get Tom Mitchell and pick 23

Obviously one club always feels a little hard done by which I would suggest is Tigers probably in this scenario.

This is left of field but how about we try and bring in Darcy Fogarty (Adelaide Crows) at the end of the season? He is uncontracted at the end of this year and doesn't get many games for the crows for some reason. But he is extremely talented, is a great physical presence and impacts the contest well. He is great overhead and is a great set shot for goal (Career: 39 goals and only 9 behinds). He is only 21 but has a mature body. I think Darcy and Kingy could create something special together.
Fogarty is a bit of a cancer if rumours are to be believed.

Looking at the news of Tom Mitchell open to trade and Tigers potentially interested could a three way trade with the Hawks be something on the cards if we were to get Coleman Jones? Based on current circumstances could be something along the lines of:

Suns give up picks 6 and 19.
Hawks give up Tom Mitchell and pick 22.
Tigers give up CCJ, picks 11 and 30.

Suns get CCJ and picks 11 and 30.
Hawks get picks 6 and 19.
Tigers get Tom Mitchell and pick 22.

Obviously one club always feels a little hard done by which I would suggest is Tigers probably in this scenario.
That looks a little fairer to me.

That would suggest CCJ comes to the Suns for the equivalent of pick 26. I’m okay with that
Yeah, the previous scenario had CCJ valued somewhere around the equivalent of pick 40.

The picks will obviously move around somewhat before the final ladder is set. I don’t expect the Tigers to finish 8th, thus trading out pick 11.

If they make the final four, that pick will be somewhere between pick 15 and 18.

Nick Bryan has re-signed with essendon. So guess those rumours weren't amounting to anything

Suggest that means they were not rumours.
If the Dons wanted to keep him, had to pony up. Since he signed now, means they did pony up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back