2023/2024 Gold Coast Draft & Trade periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

exactly....he's not on my wish list....
I would absolutely hate it if it happened but out of the current Foward/Ruck options available out of contract i think Coleman Jones would be the most suitable for Gold Coast needs

Suns have a very good ruckman in Witts and a good developing foward in King and really need a Fwd that can Ruck that fits the age profile of the team and CJ looks the best fit.

But i hope you dont get him and he stays at Richmond

Jack billings?

skill wise, would be an excellent addition. Not sure he has the tough mentality we probably need.

Matt crouch
I hope to god we don’t go down this route but it would be the most suns thing to do.

I would absolutely hate it if it happened but out of the current Foward/Ruck options available out of contract i think Coleman Jones would be the most suitable for Gold Coast needs

Suns have a very good ruckman in Witts and a good developing foward in King and really need a Fwd that can Ruck that fits the age profile of the team and CJ looks the best fit.

But i hope you dont get him and he stays at Richmond
CCJ looks perfect. If he'll come to the Suns we should be all over him. Richmond and GC have done a few deals recently so hopefully that helps. Would sign Chol too if possible, unless we have another ruck in the works.

Jack billings?

skill wise, would be an excellent addition. Not sure he has the tough mentality we probably need.

Matt crouch
I hope to god we don’t go down this route but it would be the most suns thing to do.
Yuck, I don't think either Billings or Matt Crouch would be worth the wages they would want.

Jack billings?

Matt crouch
Billings - soft as, already got them.

Crouch - injury prone and plays Rowell's role

Unfortunately we don't need any midfielders unless we get rid of one.

Tall midfielders (with good contested work) - Anderson/Brodie/Greenwood/Davies
Medium midfielders - Bowes/Fiorini/Hollands/Swallow
Small midfielders - Flanders/Miller/Rowell/Weller

Would love a Zac Merrett type to fit in there

As you can see we they are basically all first rounders;
#1 Rowell, #1 Swallow, #2 Anderson, #2 Weller, #7 Hollands, #9 Brodie, #10 Bowes, #11 Flanders, #20 Fiorini, #29 Miller . Greenwood/Davies freebies

Writing it out actually makes me sick how our conversion rate is so low

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yuck, I don't think either Billings or Matt Crouch would be worth the wages they would want.
I thought Billings was a 25 goal/year player and thought he would be pretty handy for a half forward if we could get him on ~550k.(less than what he wants but probably around the mark for what he'll get)

Was pretty shocked to see he has only reached 15 goals in a season once.

Can see Elijah being a similar player with a much harder edge.

Man we must all severely overestimated our list. I’m sick of seasons being wasted. Something has to give and it’s got to tough decisions. We have so many players with potential not living up to there name
Every year I’ve gone to the draft and trade periods with the hope they will help us improve. I’ve now lost confidence in both. Is it possible to recruit heart, determination and system? Because this team lacks all three of these qualities when it gets tough.

The one thing about that is, we don’t want to be the club that b and c grade players come for a pay day., we’ve been down that road
There are good young players in the dogs 2s that would be playing week in week out at other club, they are the murdochs or horlin-smiths of the world. CCJ is a talent and will either get paid at Richmond or somewhere else.

The one thing about that is, we don’t want to be the club that b and c grade players come for a pay day., we’ve been down that road

What do you think about Mitch Wallis he’s not getting games at the Dogs?

I said stuff the draft picks go for broke and get mature best 22 players in!!! What’s frustrating is Ainsworth and Corbett kill in VFL and then can’t do the same in the AFL. I liked the look of Moyle today in his first game.

We are crying out for coverage when Collins goes down no disrespect to Caleb Graham but he isn’t close to being a number 1 lock down defender!

Looks like the Suns will have another full hand at the draft..
Not that it ever helps.

looks like pick 2-3

The AFL should let us keep pick 19 because we are still a basket case and on the verge of coach hunting.

And then we’d have our second Rd pick at 21 or alike.

Plus 2x 3rd Rd picks
And 2x 4th Rd picks

looks like

picks 2-3* / 19 / 21*
plus x2 3Rd picks
2x 4th Rd

No idea what the club should do.. I’m guessing there’s a few academy kids they wanted to bring in too

Not that it ever helps.

looks like pick 2-3

The AFL should let us keep pick 19 because we are still a basket case and on the verge of coach hunting.

Plus 2x 3rd Rd picks
And 2x 4th Rd picks

looks like

picks 2-3* / 19 / 21*
plus x2 3Rd picks
2x 4th Rd

No idea what the club should do.. I’m guessing there’s a few academy kids they wanted to bring in too

Like I know we need gun mature players.. but.. likelihood of using any of our first 3 picks on anyone willing to come are slim to none

Not that it ever helps.

looks like pick 2-3

Plus 2x 3rd Rd picks
And 2x 4th Rd picks

looks like

picks 2-3* / 19 / 21*
plus x2 3Rd picks
2x 4th Rd

If we can get bucks and then Darcy Moore, I’ll call that a win. And maybe Jordan Roughead if he wants to top up his pension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back