Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 27, 2005
Port Augusta
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
QPR
Let me make sure I’ve got the right guy..
This is the same Rory Lobb that sat out the final year of his contract at GWS, as a hissyfit because they wouldn’t trade him.. sighting homesickness as his reasoning?

No thanks.

Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Let me make sure I’ve got the right guy..
This is the same Rory Lobb that sat out the final year of his contract at GWS, as a hissyfit because they wouldn’t trade him.. sighting homesickness as his reasoning?

No thanks.
I'm pretty sure that was McCarthy wasn't it?

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Would you take take that deal of Pick 19 and 23 for Lobb and Fremantle Second? I actually thought that it was fair for both parties providing Lobb takes a pay cut of course. The only reason i value him still around Pick 15 is because he has 2 years to run and is so crucial to our set up.
lol. As an independent supporter here, that massively over values Lobb.

And what incentive does Lobb have to take a pay cut?

At 29 before the start of next season, with his injury history, Lobb might be worth a mid second round pick, to a finals contender.

Whether he is contracted or not has nothing to do with his trade value, because if he’s available in a trade, it’s because Fremantle want him off their books.

It’s Lobb’s agent shopping him around, not GC trying to poach a player.

Polo342

Club Legend
Nov 1, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
lol. As an independent supporter here, that massively over values Lobb.

And what incentive does Lobb have to take a pay cut?

At 29 before the start of next season, with his injury history, Lobb might be worth a mid second round pick, to a finals contender.

Whether he is contracted or not has nothing to do with his trade value, because if he’s available in a trade, it’s because Fremantle want him off their books.

It’s Lobb’s agent shopping him around, not GC trying to poach a player.
I think its safe to say that Fremantle will hold him then. We have nobody to replace him. Lobb is gonna hate this if he really wants the move for the touted reasons haha

Happy Idiot

All Australian
Oct 12, 2011
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I'd hope we're not all in on anyone, rather significantly in on a few that fit our forward needs. Surely CCJ is option number one, then Chol, but if they fall over you definitely want the Suns to have had chats about Lobb by now. We can't come away empty handed this trade period. Period.

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United, All Blacks
So is the following realistic?

19 or 24 for CCJ
43 for Max Lynch (OOC)
55 for BZT (OOC)

Takes care of 3 needs with 3 youngish players. BZT isn't great, but I'm not sure what else is available at KPD. Could get Talia if the deal works and he's deemed fit enough.

Not sure about pick 5, haven't really read up on the draft. Could trade down and get Gibsus who sounds like the best defender, might be too early at 5. Or trade it to next year

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears

19 or 24 for CCJ
43 for Max Lynch (OOC)
55 for BZT (OOC)

Takes care of 3 needs with 3 youngish players. BZT isn't great, but I'm not sure what else is available at KPD. Could get Talia if the deal works and he's deemed fit enough.

Not sure about pick 5, haven't really read up on the draft. Could trade down and get Gibsus who sounds like the best defender, might be too early at 5. Or trade it to next year
If we have 5 we just take Gibcus, no point risking it

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
I'm not a big draft follower, but it always seems there are good defenders later in the draft. But if we got Talia for a couple of years it seems like a good move.
This draft is preciously light on KPP, Gibcus looks the goods and we are desperate for depth. I'd take him from pick 3 onwards, country Vic boy too. Helps with retention

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
This draft is preciously light on KPP, Gibcus looks the goods and we are desperate for depth. I'd take him from pick 3 onwards, country Vic boy too. Helps with retention
Sounds good to me, not sure another mid is needed.

Real shame we didn't get DGB last year, I'm sure the club were hoping he would get to our pick. It's funny because Hollands seems more like what Hawthorn need, I guess the ACL scared them off.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
If we lose out on Gibcus and haven't traded the pick Ben Hobbs would be the midfielder I'd want, bit of strength and power
I don’t know your list as well as you guys, but I would have Josh Sinn and Josh Goater ahead of Hobbs for you guys.

Also there’s a fair chance Josh Ward turns out to be a better prospect than Hobbs by seasons end.

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
I don’t know your list as well as you guys, but I would have Josh Sinn and Josh Goater ahead of Hobbs for you guys.

Also there’s a fair chance Josh Ward turns out to be a better prospect than Hobbs by seasons end.
Goater is such a boom/buster sorta project I don't think we can take the chance.
Sinn is nice, would be up there.
Ward is a likely type if he can keep it up.

I think we need one more contested/clearance sort of player as we will have Greenwood out for the majority of next year and Swallow isn't getting any younger. That's what attracts me to Hobbs

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Goater is such a boom/buster sorta project I don't think we can take the chance.
Sinn is nice, would be up there.
Ward is a likely type if he can keep it up.

I think we need one more contested/clearance sort of player as we will have Greenwood out for the majority of next year and Swallow isn't getting any younger. That's what attracts me to Hobbs
Greenwood will be fine for pre-season apparently.

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond

19 or 24 for CCJ
43 for Max Lynch (OOC)
55 for BZT (OOC)

As an independent observer with only Cj being a player at my team
all 3 of the trade options seem reasonable if players want to come to GC
(of course being a RFC member #19 looks better to me)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back