2023/2024 Gold Coast Draft & Trade periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jye Caldwell , Sam Flanders all country isn't it , stick for two year and then .......

The AFL Academy team will be playing a VFL game v Geelong on Saturday. It should be streamed. I'm waiting to hear more info about it being broadcasted. I would go down to Geelong, but Ive got a VFL game at 2.

This is the team. Harris and Stevens should be playing.

AFL Academy
Braden Andrews (Vic Metro/Oakleigh Chargers)
Sam Banks (Tasmania/Clarence)
Rhett Bazzo (Western Australia/Swan Districts)
Jase Burgoyne (South Australia/Woodville West Torrens)
Campbell Chesser (Vic Country/Sandringham Dragons)
Nick Daicos (Vic Metro/Oakleigh Chargers)
Josh Fahey (NSW/ACT/GWS Academy)
Cooper Hamilton (Vic Country/Bendigo Pioneers)
Austin Harris (Queensland/Gold Coast Academy)
Ben Hobbs (Vic Country/GWV Rebels)
Jason Horne (South Australia/South Adelaide)
Blake Howes (Vic Metro/Sandringham Dragons)
Matthew Johnson (Western Australia/Subiaco)
Cooper Murley (South Australia/Norwood)
Josh Rachele (Vic Country/Murray Bushrangers)
Matthew Roberts (South Australia/South Adelaide)
Josh Sinn (Vic Metro/Sandringham Dragons)
Tyler Sonsie (Vic Metro/Eastern Ranges)
Ned Stevens (Northern Territory/Waratah/Gold Coast Academy)
Jacob Van Rooyen (Western Australia/Claremont)
Jack Williams (Western Australia/East Fremantle)
Blayne O'Loughlin (North Adel)
Ned Moyle (Oakleigh) Ruck 19 year old
Toby Conway (Geelong) Ruck
Josh Gibcus (GWV) Tall Defender

With Kade now living back on the GC we should be throwing a deal at Jake Kolodjashnij as he is OOC.

David Astbury given our success at luring Richmond players would be a target too who is OOC.

On the Collingwood board someone suggested sending us de goey for
- future go 1st and 3rd round
- swap of 2nd round picks

what does everyone think? Is he that good? Is this a fair price?
Would you want him on our team?!

On the Collingwood board someone suggested sending us de goey for
- future go 1st and 3rd round
- swap of 2nd round picks

what does everyone think? Is he that good? Is this a fair price?
Would you want him on our team?!
De Goey is the last thing the Sun's need. Overrated, inconsistent and on a massive contract.

If the pies need to get rid of someone we'll take Darcy Moore. But even then his injury's are an issue so I won't want to over pay.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like this. With Collingwood heading to a rebuild, now would be the time.

There's only a small handful of players that could even start to replicate the Hodge factor at Brisbane and Pendles would be one.
Joel Selwood would be another. Doubt either of them leave their respective clubs though.

Same feeling from me re: de goey.
Career stats not great.
Surprised at how many Brownlow votes he has received.

inconsistent talented but troubled and ?lazy player. Someone you take a flyer on for cheap if your program can control him not splash the cash with a young list IMO.

maybe we could look at Jack Hayes from West-Torrens.

Woodville-West Torrens are in danger of losing a trio of players in this year’s AFL Mid-Season Draft.

Eagles coach Jade Sheedy, who doubles as the SANFL head coach, has identified former Adelaide Crows duo Tyson Stengle and Riley Knight along with 24-year old Jack Hayes as those putting themself into AFL calculations.

“I talk to the recruiters a bit and their names definitely come up,” he said on SEN SA Breakfast.

“I think potentially there’s three players we could lose in Jack Hayes, Tyson Stengle and Riley Knight. They’re the three that stick out in my head.

“There’s probably multiple clubs in that boat.”

SEN SA Breakfast co-host and four-time Central District premiership player Andrew Hayes is a big fan of his namesake, rating forward-turned-ruck Hayes as one of the most valuable players in the competition right now.

I come in peace

How are you guys going with Markov , Happy you traded him in or is he just another richmond spud ?
You know the answer but I’ll indulge you anyway.

Far exceeded my expectations given his previous AFL work at Richmond.

no one on this board used those words you’ve chosen but, I think it’s fair to say the general thought was he’d be fringe 22 given his Richmond career where he was a low possession player.

im Guessing we let him play his natural game a bit more and given him more responsibility and he’s flourished.

This year he is achieving career best in;
Offensively: possessions, bounces, goal assists, metres gained, turnovers/possession.

defensively: intercepts, free kicks against, 1%ers, tackles

still makes an occasional glaring error but the good has far outweighed the bad.

perfect trade really - good player who couldn’t maximise his abilities in your system and was bypassed by younger players in short and baker. Traded to a club who needed and is maximising his abilities.

Obviously playing those others ahead of him didn’t hurt Richmond so no great loss for you guys but has been a real positive for us. I’m sure his runs and his moustache make him on of the favourites for the kids which is another bonus.

Thanks for trading him at a fair price. Our future third should be around pick 45 once the dust settles which would be more beneficial for you than us.

Now, question for you. When you going to play ccj? We could do with a ruckman and a tall forward. this is his 4th year on the list with 1 career game to his name and out of contract at end of year. I’d want us to come knocking with an offer not too dissimilar to oleg’s if he isn’t getting regular games and remains uncontracted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back