Corkie

Premiership Player
Aug 6, 2013
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Gold Coast United
Don't mind the Bryan rumours, definitely a hole that needs to be filled. Played with Rowell & Anderson too so wouldn't take too much convincing.

08BA8ADF-0EC0-403B-AD50-E0A954058A68.jpeg

Oct 19, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Agree that Nick Bryan wouldn’t be a bad pick up. This would be our last year with the list concessions right? Cause technically we have an extra 5 rookie spots don’t we?

Goodguy72

Senior List
Apr 28, 2020
AFL Club
Gold Coast

It was actually Sydney that he said he wanted to play for but I think it's pretty harsh to hold a statement he made as a 13 year old against him now. He obviously has strong family connections to the Swans and spent some time around the club as a kid so it's hardly surprising he wanted to play for them back then before he joined our academy program. Very different situation now that he's been a part of our academy program for close to five years and made it very clear when he moved down to Ballarat that he wanted to continue to play for our academy team. It would have been easy for Jye to cut ties with our academy after moving to Ballarat but it seems he genuinely wants to maintain his spot and maybe even get drafted by us.

Are we really in a position to be picky with our juniors anyway? I would have thought we'd want to hang on to as much potential GC talent as possible! However, I do agree he needs to pick up his game in the NAB League.
How's Ashcroft son going , though by the sounds of it don't think he and Lockett would be able to play in the same team given their dads history. I actually left that game 5 minutes before the incident happened

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
How's Ashcroft son going , though by the sounds of it don't think he and Lockett would be able to play in the same team given their dads history. I actually left that game 5 minutes before the incident happened
Very well apparently
Tied to Brisbane

Corkie

Premiership Player
Aug 6, 2013
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Gold Coast United
He’s played footy this year

We would have to play the mentor card with him I think. He rightly outed us a couple of years ago for not developing our kids properly in the early years. This would be his chance to show us how it should have been done. Surely a 5% chance of it happening though.

RowellAnderson12

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Max Verstappen, Pacers, DR3
Rance would be perfect, weird thing is he's actually the same size as Collins.

We could continue this Gold Coast-Richmond partnership and get Dusty when we make the 8

RowellAnderson12

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
I know we are all trying to target a tall in the draft this year, a real left field one.

Darcy Moore for 8* & 19* atm.

That would leave us with pick 27 as our first pick.

Collingwood are in trouble and this could help with their Nick Daicos situation. Obviously the pies would rather let De Goey walk but s**t he ain't gonna net them 2 firsts like Moore. He was keen on Sydney few seasons ago, maybe we could twist his arm.

Moore Collins Ballard talls with Graham developing, stacked.

Sep 30, 2010
Katherine, NT
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB Lightning,
I know we are all trying to target a tall in the draft this year, a real left field one.

Collingwood are in trouble and this could help with their Nick Daicos situation. Obviously the pies would rather let De Goey walk but sh*t he ain't gonna net them 2 firsts like Moore. He was keen on Sydney few seasons ago, maybe we could twist his arm.

Geez, you know what, I really like this!

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears

Collingwood are in trouble and this could help with their Nick Daicos situation. Obviously the pies would rather let De Goey walk but sh*t he ain't gonna net them 2 firsts like Moore. He was keen on Sydney few seasons ago, maybe we could twist his arm.

They would be after future firsts, any firsts this year will be absorbed by the Daicos bid. They will just stockpile late picks and picks next year.

If we are going to hit the draft Josh Gibcus is the man for us

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast

I'm not sure it's that left field.
Excellent player
Being played out of position
In a side that's going nowhere fast

It's a good offer but if I were Collingwood I'd want to hold on to him.
25 year old to lead them through the rebuild.

RowellAnderson12

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Excellent player

Only left-field as we had no links to my knowledge.

the media are really driving him out again since his contract is up next year and his form as dipped

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United, All Blacks
The Suns should be trading aggressively this year imo. Talls at both ends and a promising ruck should be the priorities. All picks should be on the table for the right players. We can afford to skip a draft or two if needed to get the right players. Another 18 year old isn't whats needed right now, need players in the 21-26 ages range that will be best 22 next year.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
The Suns should be trading aggressively this year imo. Talls at both both ends and a promising ruck should be the priorities. All picks should be on the table for the right players. We can afford to skip a draft or two if needed to get the right players. Another 18 year old isn't whats needed right now, need players in the 21-26 ages range that will be best 22 next year.
Agreed we need to start throwing s**t and see what sticks. I'm not sure anything will come our way but it never hurts to ask. Gonna have to clear out a few players taking up cap space though

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United, All Blacks
Excellent player

Agreed, Collingwood shouldn't trade him, they need to keep their better young players.

Even if he was interested (unlikely) I'd be hesitant paying overs for him due to his injury history. Gun player though, so he could be worth the risk.

Not sure we have the cap space to tempt him either?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back