Not open for further replies.

RowellAnderson12

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Max Verstappen, Pacers, DR3
As a Bombers man, I can't see any of our younger ones wanting out. We are looking for a key tall to go with Harrison Jones.

Any thoughts on Fiorini being traded? Has struggled to get games the last two years unless players are injured..
Probably a few weeks late now;

He was always happy to stay and finally getting his run now, he'll stay in for the rest of the year.

Matt Crouch is a restricted free agent, a better version of Fiorini i'm sure you could convince him

Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
I have been thinking with our search for a key forward. I was musing on my podcast last night about potentially promoting Burgess as that second tall that can back up Witts in the ruck for 2022.

His past couple of games have been good to very good, and has shown he can hit the score board and his ruck craft against fellow undersized rucks has been quite good.

Our forward line in 2022 would then have King, Burgess and Corbett lining up as the talls.

We would save on cap space and trade currency, and would allow us to focus on defence and midfield.

Thoughts? Or do we still need a CCJ as an example to step in who is 200cm plus?

Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Rams, 76's, Brewers
Didn’t see the VFL game but saw Jeffrey kicked another 3 goals and Davies got 18 disposals and laid 8 tackles are they tracking well for debuts at the end of the year?
Jeffrey is a real athlete with X factor. Won’t need a heap of possessions to do some damage.
Davies has definitely developed since the start of the year.
I’d think Jeffrey is more of a chance to debut this year. Both really exciting prospects.

OB11

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 4, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
76ers
I think with injuries occurring to our midfield and Fiorini getting game time to showcase him I think it will be the perfect time to offload him. He's just not good enough to be best 22 - too slow, has no penetration by foot and has poor disposal and has no 2nd position. He finds the ball but does FA with it.

SnusCG

Club Legend
Aug 30, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I think with injuries occurring to our midfield and Fiorini getting game time to showcase him I think it will be the perfect time to offload him. He's just not good enough to be best 22 - too slow, has no penetration by foot and has poor disposal and has no 2nd position. He finds the ball but does FA with it.
Jesus, the man had 25 touches, almost 500m gained and 9 tackles.

he’s playing a link in role perfectly and other than Touk we don’t have midfielders who can rack up lots of touches which we need.

we also don’t have anyone who could come in and beat his current output.

people are so quick to jump down list management for Lyons but seem way too enthusiastic to offload Fiorini and Brodie despite both having proved they can play well at AFL level.

LiveTheDream73

Debutant
Apr 18, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Jesus, the man had 25 touches, almost 500m gained and 9 tackles.

he’s playing a link in role perfectly and other than Touk we don’t have midfielders who can rack up lots of touches which we need.

we also don’t have anyone who could come in and beat his current output.

people are so quick to jump down list management for Lyons but seem way too enthusiastic to offload Fiorini and Brodie despite both having proved they can play well at AFL level.

So I also thought he was slow so was shocked to see Fiorini in the top few for average speeds and work rate from the game against GWS. Must have had the spinnaker up!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
So I also thought he was slow so was shocked to see Fiorini in the top few for average speeds and work rate from the game against GWS. Must have had the spinnaker up!

Lowest TOG of everyone on the ground.

Think his top speed would be one of the worst on our list.

Can obviously keep the legs rolling over.

it’s the lack of acceleration that hurts on game day.

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
ESPN footy podcast (with guys from champion data) suggested that we should consider trading Izak Rankine.

Assumed that we cannot retain all our young players - mentioned Lukosius, Rowell, Ballard, Powell.
They said, as Izak just plays forward pocket, we should trade him - 'bring in big value' and in the process - retain the rest of our youngsters.

hm.. how about no.

Who is excited about having Jye Lockett (nephew of Tony "Plugger" Lockett) tied to our academy? If he is even half of the player that Tony was we will have one heck of a player on our hands!

lockett.PNG

Oct 19, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Who is excited about having Jye Lockett (nephew of Tony "Plugger" Lockett) tied to our academy? If he is even half of the player that Tony was we will have one heck of a player on our hands!

View attachment 1177185

I was earlier in the season but our academy players have been very quiet. I was certain Lockett and Steven’s were a couple of tall forwards that would have been great fixes on our list… now I’m not too sure

Brenton87

Club Legend
Aug 7, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
ESPN footy podcast (with guys from champion data) suggested that we should consider trading Izak Rankine.

Assumed that we cannot retain all our young players - mentioned Lukosius, Rowell, Ballard, Powell.
They said, as Izak just plays forward pocket, we should trade him - 'bring in big value' and in the process - retain the rest of our youngsters.

hm.. how about no.
For the first time since i can remember all these young Suns players seem to be 100% invested in the team, i know it probably seems hard for external parties to fathom but I can this whole squad sticking together for a long time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SunnerSS

GCSUNSCAST HOST
Sep 3, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Last night's GCSUNSCAST mitch cleary suggested suns should go all in for Talia from crows. Currently out of contract. Should be a unrestricted free agent. Thoughts?

Last night's GCSUNSCAST mitch cleary suggested suns should go all in for Talia from crows. Currently out of contract. Should be a unrestricted free agent. Thoughts?

I’ve had a look and he seems to be the only KPD on the market at this stage it wouldn’t be a bad idea as long as it’s for the right price, we are desperate for another big body down back to compliment Sam Collins but we have to bear in mind that we still have to re-sign a bunch of our young guns. Our cap is tight so it would have to be a team friendly deal. It will be interesting to see how creative we can get this off season.

SUN OF A GUN

Senior List
Dec 1, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Lockett is not going to be drafted. Didn't make the allies squad, isn't dominating at NAB level either.

True. Word is that the Academy not impressed that he left to play in Vic.

Not really the tall forward we need either at his height…

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
True. Word is that the Academy not impressed that he left to play in Vic.

Not really the tall forward we need either at his height…

189cm playing as a CHF in u/19s. Not a Corbett type runner or contested marking machine either. Dont see how he fits into an AFL at all.

Oct 19, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Saw on Fox Sports today we are keen on Oliver Hanrahan from the Hawks

Southern Sun

Club Legend
Mar 6, 2020
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Just a thought, what if we could lose the salaries of Brodie and fiorini and put that into matt crouch. His value may have dropped a bit this year but he has been a very good player who finds the ball. Averages over 28 touches a game over his career and at the age of 26 is in that window we're looking at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back